Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

48 yards passing in the 1st half was it?

But when it's 11-14 1 Td it's good for 120 passer rating

:-/

He had 115 yards passing by the half.

McCown had 78 yards passing by the half. The game was won and lost due the inability to run the ball or stop the run on the defensive side.

Who's the greatest QB in NFL history? Otto Graham? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? Tom Brady? Put them behind that wretched excuse of an O line the Bills have and give them Rick Dennison as the play caller and I doubt last night's outcome would have been much different.

For all those who believe drafting a top QB will solve everything, you might as well write a letter to Santa. And should Santa send the best QB of the next generation, so long as "Rico" is the OC and the line isn't massively upgraded, I doubt it will change anything.

Amen! Can't ignore the impact of pressure--look at the annointed one in NE and you'll see a common denominator with most of his losses ... pressure followed by more pressure. And, Denison did nothing in the second half to to help him. Anyone who can't give TT a pass for last night with what he was subjected has no credibility. He's not the future of our franchise but give the guy a friggin' break. Lucky he's not on the IR--I almost felt as sorry for TT as I did for Tuel that night in Cleveland!

Until Tyrod can make teams pay for selling out to stop the run, we will either run well...or lose. The teams that can stop McCoy will beat us. Thats just not a good place to be in. Tyrod can either start hurting these teams that are loading the box and blitzing or we wont beat anyone that can stop the run. No need to make excuses or look for 40 other things to talk about. Be a better passer against stacked boxes and blitzs or pray they cant tackle shady.

IMO, anyone putting the majority of blame on Tyrod for last night has a clear agenda against him.

The O line was horrendous. Tolbert is not a RB. The defense was garbage. Nobody could tackle. We took a million dumb penalties. Basically, the Bills turned into Rex Ryan's team of the past 2 years... doing their absolute best to beat themselves in all phases of the game.

Now, if you were expecting Tyrod to all the sudden become Tom Brady and put the entire team on his back and force a win while the rest of the team was playing like crap, then obviously you're going to be disappointed in TT. That's not who he is. He's a middle of the road starting QB. Sure, he could have done some thing better last night but he was FAR from one of the main issues.

I'll do a deal with the Tyrod fan club this week..... I will not blame Tyrod Taylor for the loss (but for the fumble which was on him but was with the game almost done anyway) I don't really think there is much more he could have done if they can stop the reactionary blaming of Rick Dennison. Was Dennison's play calling perfect? No. Could he have put it in Taylor's hands sooner in the 2nd half? Sure.... but he is also not the reason.

The NFL might be a passing league of star QBs and diva wide receivers but here is a fundamental truth that remains.... if you got totally and utterly dominated in the trenches on both sides of the football you lose. Our lines both lost their matchups and both lost convincingly.

Last night was not on Tyrod and not on Rico. It was on the big guys.

Edited by GunnerBill

IMO, anyone putting the majority of blame on Tyrod for last night has a clear agenda against him.

The O line was horrendous. Tolbert is not a RB. The defense was garbage. Nobody could tackle. We took a million dumb penalties. Basically, the Bills turned into Rex Ryan's team of the past 2 years... doing their absolute best to beat themselves in all phases of the game.

Now, if you were expecting Tyrod to all the sudden become Tom Brady and put the entire team on his back and force a win while the rest of the team was playing like crap, then obviously you're going to be disappointed in TT. That's not who he is. He's a middle of the road starting QB. Sure, he could have done some thing better last night but he was FAR from one of the main issues.

All this is spot one.....why some cant see this is beyond me especially if some of these people actually admit that they watched the game! Crazy....some have their anti QB blinders on i guess.....

I see a lot of people criticizing Tyrod as part of the problem last night but I think he played very well and he is improving. There are very few QB's in the league that are going to be able to win a game when the offensive line is being dominated the way ours was last night. When Tyrod had time he was making good decisions and completing passes. He was passing over the middle and did a great job of looking off the defender on the Zay Jones TD pass. He is definitely improving as a QB and as bad as the line was he was keeping us in it early. We had two likely scoring drives stopped because of fumbles by Matthews and O'Leary. I see a lot of people criticizing Tyrod but I think it is more people ready to jump on him as soon as we lose rather than what he actually did on the field. He played a good game and I really don't know what game the people who were criticizing him were watching.

Opinions will vary

When did the line hold up for 3-4 seconds? Most of the game the defenders were practically arriving with the snap.

Yeah, that was my point. No respect for the passing game at all. A couple of quick hitters completed and maybe they aren't so quick to pin their ears back every down.

I'll do a deal with the Tyrod fan club this week..... I will not blame Tyrod Taylor for the loss (but for the fumble which was on him but was with the game almost done anyway) I don't really think there is much more he could have done if they can stop the reactionary blaming of Rick Dennison. Was Dennison's play calling perfect? No. Could he have put it in Taylor's hands sooner in the 2nd half? Sure.... but he is also not the reason.

The NFL might be a passing league of star QBs and diva wide receivers but here is a fundamental truth that remains.... if you got totally and utterly dominated in the trenches on both sides of the football you lose. Our lines both lost their matchups and both lost convincingly.

Last night was not on Tyrod and not on Rico. It was on the big guys.

They were too busy reading this to prepare for the Jets D-line.

Yes he played well and he played poorly

7 sacks most of which he caused by not passing at the end of his drop back

An incompletion is far better than a sack.

Your judgement doesn't jibe with Pro Football Focus.

They blame two of the seven sacks on Taylor.

Edited by grb

Interesting. I have not looked at PFF today but just watching the tv broadcast last night it was 2 at my count as well.

Of course that sort of thing is all subjective, They also blame TT for a hit and a hurry. I haven't even seen those numbers ( hit/hurry ) but assume they're pretty ugly.....

There was at least 3 of the seven that were on a 3 step drop concept that the Ball did not come out on time because he doesn't trust what he sees. Even Romo points it out.

Romo also pointed out that there is pressure in his face on almost every play, and that makes it nearly impossible to sustain drives

Until Tyrod can make teams pay for selling out to stop the run, we will either run well...or lose. The teams that can stop McCoy will beat us. Thats just not a good place to be in. Tyrod can either start hurting these teams that are loading the box and blitzing or we wont beat anyone that can stop the run. No need to make excuses or look for 40 other things to talk about. Be a better passer against stacked boxes and blitzs or pray they cant tackle shady.

What didnt he do well last night? He was sacked 7 times and by my count one of them was a result of holding the ball. He also escaped a few more and made plays. You couldnt block anybody last night and as a result they got crushed. He didnt leave many plays out there last night.

Yes he played well and he played poorly

7 sacks most of which he caused by not passing at the end of his drop back

An incompletion is far better than a sack.

Go watch the 7 sacks and report back