Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guess you didnt watch the game.....

No again I did and know and understand HOW TT FLAWS hurt an offense. Try to learn the game sometime it really makes football more enjoyable. a lot more than getting smashed and thrown thru tables in hopes to get 15 minutes on deadspin

Why does everyone want to make excuses for Tyrod? He has a ceiling and it was very evident last night. The Jets gameplan for him was brilliant but simple:

1) shut down the run

2) rush 4 with a fifth as a spy focused on TT

3) collapse the center of the pocket and clog traditional throwing lanes

Tyrod can’t win without the running game. It’s really that simple. He can’t put a team on his back and carry it. This may be unfair because very few can do so however the Brady’s, Rogers, Brees, etc. of the world can.

Yes, the rest of the team around him have to play well but the QB is far more than just 1/11’th of the offense. Last night TT was 1/11’th of a very bad offense.

this is a bad post and you should feel bad for posting it.

He threw the ball well. He doesn't seem to have urgency on the first third down of a series, but he had a lot of pressure. I would have liked to see an adjustment to quicker throws with short crossing routes. Not sure why we kept bashing our head against the wall.

Bobby youre getting beat up in this thread worse than Tyrod did last night. Take the L and move on. Anyone objective watching the game knows he played well enough to win. Cant lay every loss on the QB when his receivers have 2 fumbles, bad pass protection, bad running game, bad play calling. Nothing went right except for Tyrod throwing the ball.

I figured this is what the coaches saw too. It was obvious to anyone watching the game who doesnt have an agenda.

Just like the last two years in every loss the same excuses come out, he played good enough to win....

It was the OC (now on his third)

It is WRs (yet time after time all 22 shows them open)

it was the OL (but no being the league leader in longest time to throw helps)

Never his fault

He is a Bridge QB and the Bills will be better off the fast they cross that bridge

Why does everyone want to make excuses for Tyrod? He has a ceiling and it was very evident last night. The Jets gameplan for him was brilliant but simple:

1) shut down the run

Tyrod can’t win without the running game. It’s really that simple. He can’t put a team on his back and carry it. This may be unfair because very few can do so however the Brady’s, Rogers, Brees, etc. of the world can.

Yes, the rest of the team around him have to play well but the QB is far more than just 1/11’th of the offense. Last night TT was 1/11’th of a very bad offense.

They managed to beat Denver and Atlanta without much of a running game.

Just like the last two years in every loss the same excuses come out, he played good enough to win....

It was the OC (now on his third)

It is WRs (yet time after time all 22 shows them open)

it was the OL (but no being the league leader in longest time to throw helps)

Never his fault

He is a Bridge QB and the Bills will be better off the fast they cross that bridge

Except thats not the case. Tyrod deserves a lot of the blame for Cincy & a decent amount for Carolina. He gets none from yesterday.

No again I did and know and understand HOW TT FLAWS hurt an offense. Try to learn the game sometime it really makes football more enjoyable. a lot more than getting smashed and thrown thru tables in hopes to get 15 minutes on deadspin

I do understand....I watch the games Nostrodamus....and wow you actually admit you did watch the game......you wanna see who really needs an understanding of the game...go look in the mirror....anyways...you go...carry on with your crusade or agenda or whatever they call it now......

1) shut down the run

I've asked this question a few times now, but haven't yet seen a reply. We have two games with the same teams & players. You get this :

New York - Week 1 : The running backs gain 154 yards at 4.47 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 224 yards, runs for 38 yards.
New York - Week 9 : The running backs gain 28 yards at 1.75 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 285 yards, runs for 35 yards.
What about this screams out "Taylor's fault" to you?
Edited by grb

Taylor was not the reason we lost last night and his play has been LARGE in recent weeks. But last night most of his production obviously came in garbage time.

Would still like to see him take more chances early in games though but hopefully with Clay coming back and the addition of Benjamin that will happen.

He threw the ball well. He doesn't seem to have urgency on the first third down of a series, but he had a lot of pressure. I would have liked to see an adjustment to quicker throws with short crossing routes. Not sure why we kept bashing our head against the wall.

It is stunning that Dennison did not start calling shorter pass routes or go to more spread formations to counter the Jests front.

Yeah agenda of wanting good consistent QB play, ooo no how bad of an agenda

Who's the greatest QB in NFL history? Otto Graham? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? Tom Brady? Put them behind that wretched excuse of an O line the Bills have and give them Rick Dennison as the play caller and I doubt last night's outcome would have been much different.

For all those who believe drafting a top QB will solve everything, you might as well write a letter to Santa. And should Santa send the best QB of the next generation, so long as "Rico" is the OC and the line isn't massively upgraded, I doubt it will change anything.

I do understand....I watch the games Nostrodamus....and wow you actually admit you did watch the game......you wanna see who really needs an understanding of the game...go look in the mirror....anyways...you go...carry on with your crusade or agenda or whatever they call it now......

Ahhh the typical response, yet I point out real football concepts and this is what I get in response from the apologists

Ahhh the typical response, yet I point out real football concepts and this is what I get in response from the apologists

HAHA....what you are describing does not even come close to last nights game.....maybe you were watching the Jets game that was coached by Ryan?

Who's the greatest QB in NFL history? Otto Graham? Johnny Unitas? Joe Montana? Tom Brady? Put them behind that wretched excuse of an O line the Bills have and give them Rick Dennison as the play caller and I doubt last night's outcome would have been much different.

For all those who believe drafting a top QB will solve everything, you might as well write a letter to Santa. And should Santa send the best QB of the next generation, so long as "Rico" is the OC and the line isn't massively upgraded, I doubt it will change anything.

Sorry I cannot help you understand how a Flawed QB hurts and offense or OC. you just have to learn that yourself

Except thats not the case. Tyrod deserves a lot of the blame for Cincy & a decent amount for Carolina. He gets none from yesterday.

Exactly how I feel. Cincy was his worst game and one of the main reasons we lost. Yesterday he was the last reason we lost.

There was at least 3 of the seven that were on a 3 step drop concept that the Ball did not come out on time because he doesn't trust what he sees. Even Romo points it out.

I'll wait for you to post the GIFs. In the meantime, I'll go with my memory, which is that all those sacks except one were the result of the pocket collapsing almost immediately or a defender coming in unblocked, like the first play from scrimmage. I also recall a couple times that Tyrod miraculously escaped pressure and completed passes downfield, into tight windows.