Incognito Says "TNF Games are BS"

Of all the games played on Thursday this year, only one has been truly competitive. The only way to get rid of this crap is to boycott the thing, problem is, most of us are addicts and can't wait for Sunday to get a fix

2 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

Of all the games played on Thursday this year, only one has been truly competitive. The only way to get rid of this crap is to boycott the thing, problem is, most of us are addicts and can't wait for Sunday to get a fix

There is another way to fix this.  Add another bye week for each team and then all Thursday games are played by teams coming off a bye with the exception of opening week.  This does 2 things the bye gives longer prep for the Thursday game and then it follows that with a long week for the next game.  This would probably have to be part of the next labor contract, but I think both sides would get what they want and I think we fans would get better games.

2 minutes ago, blargo said:

There is another way to fix this.  Add another bye week for each team and then all Thursday games are played by teams coming off a bye with the exception of opening week.  This does 2 things the bye gives longer prep for the Thursday game and then it follows that with a long week for the next game.  This would probably have to be part of the next labor contract, but I think both sides would get what they want and I think we fans would get better games.

I have seen the extra bye bounced around here before and it's a valid option. The question is does the season start early or end late.

17 hours ago, blargo said:

yup, exactly this

Surprised at Incognito's whining.

19 hours ago, blargo said:

THIS is truly a GREAT IDEA ... I never thought about it ..but it does make perfect sense .. teams would look forward to Thursday games and it would enhance the product (hence revenue money) both with extra week for regular season and quality of Thursday nght Games ... BLARGO you are a genius.

As far a Ritchie ... I like him .. glad we got him ... he typically rocks out there ... but when you got whopped like you and the rest of your teammates did (7 sacks on Tyrod when compared to Jets Sacks all season prior to the game)  .. don't go for the kleenex .. you're better than that.

Ya know its funny, the bills beat the raiders, and all they talk about is whats

wrong with raiders? Whats wrong with Carr? What wrongs with their defense?

The media then talks up the bills for the big SETUP, jets off their bi week, bills

on a short week, and BAM now the homers in ny have not stopped talking 

about the jets, playoffs, how wonderful Bowles is, that defense is wonderful,

these guys are winning but supposed to be tanking YET punched the bills in the mouth.

Once again the bills springboarded a fan base and a lousy team.

What a horrible week of football.

I feel like I have a solution that would help all parties.

Dont get rid of TNF all together.

1-keep the color rush, but allow teams to wear Different color helmets. These helmets could very easily be checked for safety before hand and only let them wear them once. This would give teams a chance to bring back throwback looks. At the end of the color rush games, have all the helmets signed and auction them off. Use that money for concussion research and to family’s that have lost people to CTE related issues.

2- Add another week to the season. Not another game, another week. Make the season 18 weeks. Give each team 2 bye weeks. A typical bye and the week before they play Thursday night. You may have to skip week 2 TNF in that scenario but this would give the NFL another weekend of TV revenue, and give the players more rest. If you have to also dump a week of preseason, that’s fine too. Every team playing TNF would have extra time before and extra time after. No excuses at that point and the games should be better and safer.

A week after Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Richie Incognito called Thursday Night Football "completely unfair and bulls--t," members of the Seattle Seahawks ripped the NFL's scheduling practice. 

In the aftermath of his team's 22-16 win over the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium, Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin told reporters Thursday night games "should be illegal," according to the News Tribune's Gregg Bell

Linebacker Bobby Wagner added he thinks asking players to compete on a four-day turnaround isn't practical because of the physical toll the game takes on their bodies. 

On 11/5/2017 at 3:37 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

2- Add another week to the season. Not another game, another week. Make the season 18 weeks. Give each team 2 bye weeks. A typical bye and the week before they play Thursday night. You may have to skip week 2 TNF in that scenario but this would give the NFL another weekend of TV revenue, and give the players more rest. If you have to also dump a week of preseason, that’s fine too. Every team playing TNF would have extra time before and extra time after. No excuses at that point and the games should be better and safer.

This has to happen IMO.  It should be a key point of the next CBA.  Get rid of pre-season week 4, it serves no purpose.  Start the NFL the same week as college football.  Add a second bye week.  KEEP the Thursday Night games but every team plays a Thursday Night off one or other of their byes..... so they never have the 4 day turnaround.  

On 11/4/2017 at 3:22 PM, the skycap said:

I just hope that after watching film of this game that McDermott realizes that Ducasse is BAD and replaces him with Miller/Groy/Dawkins. 

Are you kidding?  Vlad was the only one doing a good job!

Sincerely,

Jaun Castillo

Edited by The Wiz

On 11/3/2017 at 1:20 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

@MatthewFairburn

After loss to Jets, Bills' Richie Incognito says Thursday night games are 'bull ****.'

He could take a fine and not play if he truly felt that. if enough players did it NFL would have to make changes.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:38 AM, John from Hemet said:

As much as it took....I will also pass the hat for the broken jaw

I'll contribute to Iggie to break jaw.

On 11/3/2017 at 7:32 AM, CDogg20 said:
On 11/3/2017 at 7:30 AM, White Linen said:

Grow up. He said it's unfair on everybody. He was speaking concerning all players that play Thursday games not their loss to the Jets.

They all practice and hit hard every day. A professional should be ready for this ish. Pathetic. I might be a little emotional right now lol

They actually dont with pussivation by NFLPA.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:29 AM, Albwan said:

Ya know its funny, the bills beat the raiders, and all they talk about is whats

wrong with raiders? Whats wrong with Carr? What wrongs with their defense?

The media then talks up the bills for the big SETUP, jets off their bi week, bills

on a short week, and BAM now the homers in ny have not stopped talking 

about the jets, playoffs, how wonderful Bowles is, that defense is wonderful,

these guys are winning but supposed to be tanking YET punched the bills in the mouth.

Once again the bills springboarded a fan base and a lousy team.

What a horrible week of football.

The Jets were not off their bye week.....