Trap Game?

This is an accountable team. Accountable to each other and their coach. I can't envision them "mailing in a game".

However, the Jets are talented, especially on D. They are getting serviceable QBing. If the Jets win it won't be because the Bills lacked effort and focus, it will be because the Jets exploited the Bills weakpoints --- On offense for the Jets - the Bills holes in coverage; the susceptibility to cut back runs; On Defense for the Jets, creating mismatches with their Defensive Line and the tight coverage of their corners.

From a talent perspective -- this game is close.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game is a trap game, just go out and take it!

Bills 35 Jets 3.

This. Inconsistent teams play the worst on short notice. NYJ are not consistent. They are on the ropes as a team. No one is tricking anyone here. You are who you are and they played each other once. Buffalo didn't play their best game vs them week 1 and won pretty easily. They are starting to hit their stride as a team. They will be ready to go.

Edited by Mat68

I know you're thinking it, I'm just saying it.... Bills all over the media for the first time this year, TNF, blah blah, Jets are supposed to be down, etc etc. national TV is usually where the train hits the wall for this franchise. is is different this time?

It is same thing as Bills are tanking .... no.

Home teams seem to have a big advantage on Thursday nights. I still think the Bills will win but won't be shocked if they don't

Actually road teams are 5-3 so far this year in TNF games. Ironically though in the 3 home wins on TNF, 2 of them were division games (Raiders over Chiefs and Packers over Bears).

The only TNF game where a road team won in a division game was the wild week 3 game with the Rams winning at San Fran.

Definitely concerns with tonight's game but this is the point of the season where you start to see true separation and all the ingredients are in place for the Bills to dismantle a reeling Jets team that has lost 3 straight.

I don't believe in "trap" games and definitely not in the NFL on the road. If the Jets win it's because they deserve it and play better tonight...It won't be because the Bills took them lightly.

Buffalo has made a nice living on turnovers this season. If they somehow lose the turnover battle tonight there's a good chance we lose. It's about the little things. Take care of the ball!

I feel like this will be like the Cincinnati game in terms of it being fairly low scoring and close. Unlike Cinci, hopefully the Bills find a way to win this one.

Biggest concern with this game is the Bills (specifically the offense) have not been good on the road so far this year other than the Atlanta game which some will argue they could have/should have lost if not for the WR injuries to the Falcons.

I think the key will be the 1st quarter and if the Bills can figure out how to score some early points and avoid another slow start. Don't let this Jets team get momentum and build a lead like they did against the Pats and Dolphins in recent weeks because unlike those teams we obviously aren't equipped to mount comebacks when trailing by 2+ scores.

Do you seriously think the Dolphins are better equipped to mount a comeback than the Bills? There are really very few teams that can comeback from more than 2 TDs, the Pats are one for sure. But, the Dolphins are nothing special compared to the Bills comeback wise.

Actually road teams are 5-3 so far this year in TNF games. Ironically though in the 3 home wins on TNF, 2 of them were division games (Raiders over Chiefs and Packers over Bears).

The only TNF game where a road team won in a division game was the wild week 3 game with the Rams winning at San Fran.

Definitely concerns with tonight's game but this is the point of the season where you start to see true separation and all the ingredients are in place for the Bills to dismantle a reeling Jets team that has lost 3 straight.

Do your #s include the KC Chiefs on the road stomping the :censored: out of NE opening night?

or did that somehow slip your mind?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I don't believe in "trap" games and definitely not in the NFL on the road. If the Jets win it's because they deserve it and play better tonight...It won't be because the Bills took them lightly.

Buffalo has made a nice living on turnovers this season. If they somehow lose the turnover battle tonight there's a good chance we lose. It's about the little things. Take care of the ball!

I feel like this will be like the Cincinnati game in terms of it being fairly low scoring and close. Unlike Cinci, hopefully the Bills find a way to win this one.

Correct

Do you seriously think the Dolphins are better equipped to mount a comeback than the Bills? There are really very few teams that can comeback from more than 2 TDs, the Pats are one for sure. But, the Dolphins are nothing special compared to the Bills comeback wise.

Of course, they have the dynamic Jay Cutler at QB

It's not that I feel the Dolphins offense is a juggernaut (it's not), but the their comebacks this year have been LARGE considering the circumstances (down 17-0 @ ATL and down 28-14 against the Jets, they also came from behind to beat the Chargers on the road).

Either way it's time for some here on this forum to move on from the unhealthy obsession with the Dolphins. I get they are also a hated division rival especially after they swept us again last year but let's worry about them come December assuming the matchups are even relevant for both teams at the time.

I'll say this though, if we can't beat the Jets on the road tonight it certainly doesn't bode well for our chances against much better division teams in Mia and NE, home or on the road.

It's a trap game for sure. Thursday game on the road against a team that isn't completely terrible, that's not as easy as a game as a lot of people are making it out to be. A good team wins these games and gets fat. You win this you go to 6-2 with a mini-bye week coming up. That's the place you need to be if you are going to make the playoffs.

It's a trap game for sure. Thursday game on the road against a team that isn't completely terrible, that's not as easy as a game as a lot of people are making it out to be. A good team wins these games and gets fat. You win this you go to 6-2 with a mini-bye week coming up. That's the place you need to be if you are going to make the playoffs.

No one is saying it's going to be easy. We're excited because the Bills are playing well and we expect them to win. Trap game is not a thing. Bills are prepared and fired up to play