Trap Game?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in trap games or momentum from week to week.

What I do believe in is books making lines and making huge bets on one side. Books took a huge stand this week against the Bills, as they did at Cinci, and won big. Whenever money flow is over 70% on one team, be very, very wary.

Such a trap game is was. Saw it coming a mile away. No worries. 5-3 is a lot better and the team is healthy.

so just to be clear, you really think the Bills were overlooking appearing on national TV, against a divisional and conference rival, with the ability to get to 6-2, cause they were focused on an NFC game in 10 days at 1;00PM Sunday?

If so, McD needs to fired today and told to shove the process down his throat, as he obviously is not getting through and has lost the team

Ever since the term "trap game" entered the NFL fan lexicon, I've been saying that a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 10, 12, 14, 17 years has no business considering any game a "trap game." The term was created as shorthand for "far superior team failing to prepare/play with the necessary intensity against an inferior opponent, particularly when that inferior opponent is sandwiched in the schedule between two clearly better opponents."

Now what's wrong with that as applied to the Bills? Umm, when have they ever counted as the "far superior team"? Certainly not last night. Not even on paper.

Having said that, the Bills played like this was a trap game ... :cry:

Ever since the term "trap game" entered the NFL fan lexicon, I've been saying that a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 10, 12, 14, 17 years has no business considering any game a "trap game." The term was created as shorthand for "far superior team failing to prepare/play with the necessary intensity against an inferior opponent, particularly when that inferior opponent is sandwiched in the schedule between two clearly better opponents."

Now what's wrong with that as applied to the Bills? Umm, when have they ever counted as the "far superior team"? Certainly not last night. Not even on paper.

Having said that, the Bills played like this was a trap game ... :cry:

when you feel overconfident you take things lightly or don't prepare as well as you should. it's human nature. i do it all of the time because i'm lazy and i try to cut corners whenever possible and it often gets me into trouble. the Bills players felt superior because they were reading into the hype and feeling good about a playing a team they already beat once. they were banged up after a tough opponent and thought they could skate by this week and rest up for next week against a much tougher team. when you preach 1 of 11 and the 1 doesn't do their part then the other 10 suffer. but it was very evident that not just 1 but most of the players were taking last night off. absolutely no energy. i turned the game off after the Jets scored in the 3rd quarter. if they weren't interested in playing then i wasn't interested in watching.