Broncos Bench Trevor Siemian for Brock Osweiler

How bad is it it you're turning to Osweiler? Maybe Siemian isn't the next Montana after all. :rolleyes:

@JamesPalmerTV

Vance Joseph told the team this morning, as expected, Brock Osweiler will start vs the Eagles
@RapSheet
The #Broncos nearly replaced Trevor Siemian in their last game. Decided to wait and ponder. Now go with Brock Osweiler, who has earned it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what this decision shows yet again.... the offensive system we have adopted that make Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub pro-bowlers and appear like viable "franchise" Quarterbacks.... at least for a short period.... can hide Quarterbacks pretty well. Siemian, while always a borderline top 32 QB, ran it reasonably effectively last year and put into McCoy's offense looks totally exposed.

Not saying the scheme is hiding Tyrod... I don't think that it is. But it bodes well for the future when it might possibly be someone else under centre who is learning the ropes.

When I look at Osweiler I can't help but think he's not the brightest lightbulb in the box. Not sure why... maybe I'm projecting Rob Johnson on him?

Based on the limited number of times I've seen him play I think that is a good comparison.

I honestly though Simeon was on his way to become a very good NFL starting QB, just goes to show the difference a few games can make because he was lights out the first two games of the season then the Buffalo game happened. Go figure.

As for putting in Osweiler, they play the Pats at home in two weeks and he has a head to head victory against the Pats but that during their superbowl season a few years ago and this is a completely different team now. Brady and the Pats seem to struggle in Denver regardless.