Does Benjamin play Thursday?

The juice

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard his flight goes straight to New Jersey today to get to the Team so not as much time to learn like Deonte Thompson.

Someone on radio commented if Benjamin plays Thursday- he may simply run simple routes but the Jets will have to account for him ​and that should lessen the "stacking of the box" to open up the Run game.

this is exactly why he should play. The Bills can come up with one or two designed plays for him in the event the Jets don't pay attention to him.

Beane said on WGR at noon today that it was 50/50 if he plays. He said this caught them all off guard and the coaching staff had to decide whether or not it was the best thing to do to suit him up. Staff and players have installed a game plan and plays already, aren't sure if they want to alter that or not.

I would be surprised if he plays. Does the coach let other players play if they are not prepared? That said, I'd really like to see him on the sideline.

You get 46 active players, 7 inactive. Unless the Bills have 7 injured players and need Benjamin as a body out there I doubt he is active. Clay and Humber are likely going to be inactive due to injury. Poyer and Gaines could also be inactive due to injury but both stand a chance of playing. So at worst you have 4 inactive players due to injury. Miller, Henderson, and Connor McD were the other 3 inactives.

So I think Benjamin is inactive because he will be far too limited and situational a player if activated. But it would be fun to see him out there even if it's just a limited set of plays he can run.

You get 46 active players, 7 inactive. Unless the Bills have 7 injured players and need Benjamin as a body out there I doubt he is active. Clay and Humber are likely going to be inactive due to injury. Poyer and Gaines could also be inactive due to injury but both stand a chance of playing. So at worst you have 4 inactive players due to injury. Miller, Henderson, and Connor McD were the other 3 inactives.

So I think Benjamin is inactive because he will be far too limited and situational a player if activated. But it would be fun to see him out there even if it's just a limited set of plays he can run.

I don't understand why the assumption is being made he'd be too limited if activated.

He's healthy, he's in game shape, WR blocking schemes are nearly universal so he wouldn't be a liability on (most) run plays, he doesn't know the offense but he doesn't have to - he knows how to run all the routes - he can still get 20 or so snaps and contribute in the red zone.

I don't know if he will play, but I hope he does.

Gaines is out.

Could be Gaines. Clay. Miller. Henderson. Connor. Sharmarko. The LB Lacey.

They may even not dress Thompson or Holmes.

Edited by Kelly the Dog