"Patriot Way": Officiating Catalog

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jimmy G been judged to harshly here IMO. As Bills fans know the first guy follow a legend usually always falls flat on their face. I hope he does well in SF! I like him as a QB A lot!

Possibly.   Too early to tell.  I think SF waited as long as they did for a softer schedule.  (I could be very wrong) 

Jacoby Brissett hasn't though, based on the Colts record. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Possibly.   Too early to tell.  I think SF waited as long as they did for a softer schedule.  (I could be very wrong) 

Jacoby Brissett hasn't though, based on the Colts record. 

Well they have 2 tough games end the year with. So we shall see, he def did better than the other guy did who stunk. O matter who they faced.

What I still want to know re: the Jesse James incompletion: where is the indisputable evidence that the ball touched the ground? His hand looked like it was under it, when he gets up he doesn't double-clutch at it when he got up. There's absolutely nothing to overturn the call on the field, it doesn't matter that the ball moved. It's not clear that it ever hit the ground.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

What I still want to know re: the Jesse James incompletion: where is the indisputable evidence that the ball touched the ground? His hand looked like it was under it, when he gets up he doesn't double-clutch at it when he got up. There's absolutely nothing to overturn the call on the field, it doesn't matter that the ball moved. It's not clear that it ever hit the ground.

I think we have beaten this dead horse enough. ? some of us say it's obvious the ball hits the ground while others disagree. I will point to the fact that I have yet to see one article where the writer says the call was wrong, they call the rule bad but the call right.

29 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Well thanks Pats fan.

I appreciate the good wishes for future Bills teams to rise up when Pats fall back. Not that i expect that to happen.

Too bad BB did not get his way to keep Graps. He would have had a good chance to keep the train rolling if BB stayed also or even if a new younger coach took over when BB retires.

That trade was one of the best days of my life.

Jimmy is really fun to watch.  I wouldn’t have felt that way if he was a pat.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think we have beaten this dead horse enough. ? some of us say it's obvious the ball hits the ground while others disagree. I will point to the fact that I have yet to see one article where the writer says the call was wrong, they call the rule bad but the call right.

That's the point. If there's disagreement you go with the call on the field.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

No WE are in disagreement. As in FANS.. the league and all the so called "people who know" like Eli Manning all say it wasn't a catch. 

And what about the people like Mike Tomlin and Tony Dungy and Reggie Bush who say it was a TD? 

Disagreement. Inconclusive. TOUCHDOWN

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And what about the people like Mike Tomlin and Tony Dungy and Reggie Bush who say it was a TD? 

Mike Tonkin - Steeler HC and biased DQ

Tony Dungy - good one I have not heard him say this.

Reggie Bush - RB - probably had no clue what he is talking about any more than we do. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Reggie Bush - RB - probably had no clue what he is talking about any more than we do. 

If we're using this logic, you're a Patriots fan, thus your opinion on this is worth less than mine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He actually did said this on the Sunday Night Football  In America pregame show.

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That's the point. If there's disagreement you go with the call on the field.

Rule is pretty cut and dry. If your falling to the ground you must maintain possesion to the ground. James didnt do that. Ball clearly rolls from his left hand to his right hitting the ground in between

Mike tomlin didnt comment on it

Just now, Chris66 said:

Rule is pretty cut and dry. If your falling to the ground you must maintain possesion to the ground. James didnt do that. Ball clearly rolls from his left hand to his right hitting the ground in between

Just had a long disagreement with someone over this. You can’t see the ball hit the ground until the end of the motion at which point he’s got possession of it.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

Ball clearly rolls from his left hand to his right hitting the ground in between

There is no camera angle or picture that shows this. No evidence that it hit the ground at all. How can the refs or the replay guys up high argue this or possible justify irrefutably that it hit the ground? The only thing that might make me think that it hit the ground is the slightly guilty look on James's face when he gets up. The call of a Td should have stood.

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

There is no camera angle or picture that shows this. No evidence that it hit the ground at all. How can the refs or the replay guys up high argue this or possible justify irrefutably that it hit the ground? The only thing that might make me think that it hit the ground is the slightly guilty look on James's face when he gets up. The call of a Td should have stood.

Cant have a td without possesion. 

“Just give it to them.” 

The “Tuck” rule. 

8 Pick plays by their receivers every game. 

Spygate

Opponents’ Headphone interference @ Gillette

Deflategate

Brady uncannily “knowing” where the open receiver is on every play almost as though his helmet speakers weren’t turned off at all. 

!@#$ the Pats. And, double !@#$ their bandwagon fans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/31/2017 at 10:48 AM, billsfan60 said:

This is usually the problem with conspiracy theories.

What your suggesting is that the patsies*** organization, the NFL, as an organization, and every official have colluded in an ultra secret pact to sway the outcome of every game the patsies*** play in by making favorable calls at the most crucial points in each game. You're talking about hundreds of people keeping their mouths shut and having 100% of them buying into the program. When you throw in centralized review and instant replay from multiple angles then the entire watching public and sports media must be both blind and stupid. Of course it could be argued that people do pay good money to watch professional wrestling.

The counterpoint is that officials, as a group are both blind and stupid, and that includes official review. When I was playing, back at the dawn of time, the band would do a rendition of The Three Blind Mice after each obvious blown call.

Not that far fetched, seeing as the nfl is licensed as entertainment, could be run just like "pro" wrestling,

with no ramifications if it ever came out. Sorry, I have seen too much horrible officiating to think that there isn't a

chance that the nfl is run just like the wwf...

Also the way last years super bowl went down was highly suspect, I could swear for whatever 

reason falcons were throwing that game.

Edited by Albwan

6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

“Just give it to them.” 

The “Tuck” rule. 

Spygate

Deflategate

Brady uncannily “knowing” where the open receiver is on every play almost as though his helmet speakers weren’t turned off at all. 

It's almost like their owner does dealings that control the leagues biggest source of income.

If we're using this logic, you're a Patriots fan, thus your opinion on this is worth less than mine.

Well Tomlin I can't stand I have never liked him as a coach, always thought he had a big mouth and never took blame for his teams short comings and it shows with his team (see Big Ben throwing the OC under the bus) I have never seen a HC blame everyone but himself for a loss. 

40 minutes ago, Nanker said:

“Just give it to them.” 

The “Tuck” rule. 

Spygate

Deflategate

The Tuck rule was correct

pick plays are legal within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage and it is not a popular play for the team .the NFL is responsible for the headgear  NOT the Pats so that's debunked.

thats called being a great QB one of the best ever! 

Not your silly conspiracy theory.

bandwagon? I've been here for my team since 1986 and their run to the SB crushing by the bears. And I endured the 1-15 years.

Patriots 2 pen. total of 4 yds for the entire game. As Albwan just posted the NFL considers itself 'entertainment' and has used that as legal defense when accused of fixing. They don't like saying it much because people wagering millions on this entertainment definitely don't want to hear that. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well Tomlin I can't stand I have never liked him as a coach, always thought he had a big mouth and never took blame for his teams short comings and it shows with his team (see Big Ben throwing the OC under the bus) I have never seen a HC blame everyone but himself for a loss. 

Lol. You serious bro? Tomlin is an awesome coach. Bellicheat is a failure...McDaniels and Patricia run your team and you know it. 

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Ferg,

This should be your thread main GIF

billswat.0.gif

I remember that call. That was the last time I owned an LG flat screen. Went to the curb shortly thereafter. 

50 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

15 yards unsportsmanlike conduct on the defense automatic first down.. ? 

Glad you can laugh about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2017-10-31 at 12:35 PM, billsfan11 said:

Exactly

The problem as well with people saying they are the greatest of all time, is most of us simply did not see all era's play.

I for one think they are the greatest that I have seen, but I can't even compare to Montana/Walsh because I was too young, and I wasn't even alive for Bradshaw days in the 70s.

That's why it is confusing for me to hear people under like 65 years old say that "these certain guys are the best of all time".

It's like, how can you say that if you've never seen other greats play?

Its just fans chatting about the game, it’s not an attempt to force you to surrender your freedom of thought and conscience.

12 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Mike tomlin didnt comment on it

Oh but if a Patriot did that .. TD!!!!!!!  

11 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Tuck rule was correct

pick plays are legal within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage and it is not a popular play for the team .the NFL is responsible for the headgear  NOT the Pats so that's debunked.

thats called being a great QB one of the best ever! 

Not your silly conspiracy theory.

bandwagon? I've been here for my team since 1986 and their run to the SB crushing by the bears. And I endured the 1-15 years.

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!    sorry that needed to be said LOUD and clear.  

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnew-england-patriots%2F0ap2000000146416%2FThe-Tuck-Rule

At his chest not in a throwing motion 

See the source image

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

A Patriot did vs Texans and they won the game because of it. It is blatant.

Don't waste your time watching us lose this weekend. 

???  

what did someone miss?   The Cheats got away with it and robbed the Raiders of a victory 

Just now, Chris66 said:

Nfl has been pretty consistent with this call. My guess it would have still been overturned.

Why was the Tuck rule reversed? 

https://www.boston.com/sports/extra-points/2013/03/20/tuck_rule_is_no

In the final tally of voting on Wednesday, 29 teams voted to eliminate the rule, the Steelers voted to retain it, and two teams – the Patriots and Redskins – abstained.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh but if a Patriot did that .. TD!!!!!!!  

IT WAS A FUMBLE!!!!!    sorry that needed to be said LOUD and clear.  

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnew-england-patriots%2F0ap2000000146416%2FThe-Tuck-Rule

At his chest not in a throwing motion 

See the source image

If he had his arm in a throwing motion it would have been a fumble

Do a little research on the rule   that motion is what allowed him not to be a runner.   

Pereira defended the call, saying, ''Any time you're tucking the ball back toward your body, it's an incomplete pass'' and ''I may agree that Brady was not trying to throw the ball'' but ''he never controlled it long enough to consider him a runner.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9405E2D6143CF931A25752C0A9679D8B63

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Do a little research on the rule   that motion is what allowed him not to be a runner.   

Pereira defended the call, saying, ''Any time you're tucking the ball back toward your body, it's an incomplete pass'' and ''I may agree that Brady was not trying to throw the ball'' but ''he never controlled it long enough to consider him a runner.''

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9405E2D6143CF931A25752C0A9679D8B63

We're saying the same thing.