USA Today: Bills Defying Expectations

@usatodaynfl

The Bills are defying expectations in their rebuild. @ByMikeJones examines Sean McDermott's approach: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/mike-jones/2017/10/30/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-upon-further-review/814168001/

Someone forgot to tell Sean McDermott and the Buffalo Bills that rebuilding projects are supposed to feature hard-to-watch defeats, apparent steps backward and more questions than answers.

The first-year coach led his team to a 35-14 blowout victory over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday, improving his record to 5-2 on the season and 4-0 at home. It’s the Bills’ best start since 2011 and their first 4-0 opening at home since 1995.

Up in Western New York, the long-suffering fan base is holding its collective breath, unsure if this success is for real. Every week, McDermott’s postgame news conferences feature questions from local reporters asking why they should believe this team is different from years past, as the franchise holds the longest active postseason drought at 17 years.

1) Dramatically improved salary cap situation

2) Stockpiling draft picks

3) building a cohesive team

4) 5-2

Amazing so far imo, no one can realistically ask for more.

I agree with everything you said , my only concern ( from week 1 ) was and still is about our depth in certain positions,

With all that said I think we made a great choice ( for once ) in hiring the right HC and GM , I think the future is looks bright for my

Buffalo Bills , and the pleasant surprise the future may have begun already!!!!!

Goooo Buffalo

4) 5-2

Best part of this is that the rookies will come into a team with a good culture....

Best part of this is that the rookies will come into a team with a good culture....

Getting ahead of myself, I know, but just imagine this team actually breaking the playoff drought and then having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds to add to the talent pool...

I agree with everything you said , my only concern ( from week 1 ) was and still is about our depth in certain positions,

With all that said I think we made a great choice ( for once ) in hiring the right HC and GM , I think the future is looks bright for my

Buffalo Bills , and the pleasant surprise the future may have begun already!!!!!

Goooo Buffalo

I agree with everything you write here.

Getting ahead of myself, I know, but just imagine this team actually breaking the playoff drought and then having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds to add to the talent pool...

I have had those thoughts as well. :beer:

However, there is a looooong road ahead with aging players (finding replacements), expiring contracts and the lack of depth - so I'm not trying to get to giddy. That being said, let's hope we nail these 6 picks

4) 5-2

5) Gaining confidence.

Really, haven't been able to say that in a while.

4) 5-2

beane has to be one of the worst 3 Bills gms ever...

4) 5-2

Oh, there are plenty of TBD'ers from the old guard that still clamor for the days of Whaley, Sammy, Gilmore, Dareus, J Will and Darby that ask for more.

Exactly!

Edited by Magox

there are a bunch of questionable threads lately. That one guys up there with the Kyle Ortin ring of honor.

Indeed. But that one was just a joke thread, right? Truth is, I never checked it out.