mikemac2001

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver - no question.

1) KC draft pick

2) head to head win over Denver for wild card chances - we want them in the mix

What's the draft pick going to be with them at 5-2? They're not going to finish 5-11. They have tons of weapons. A loss tonight puts them at 5-3 and they'll still finish between 9-7 and 11-5. So picking like 15th or 19th. It's irrelevant. You want Broncos to lose. Also, someone HAS to win the West, why not the team that's ahead? You don't have to worry about the Broncos tie-breaker if they're 3 games back!

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I think we're going to take the division lead, so I don't care.

Lol, digging into the whiskey bottle early today?

Lol joking, I hope you are right buddy.

But just cant see them winning the AFC East over NE.

I get NE hasn't looked great but they always get stronger as the year goes on.

I hope I am wrong!

If Denver wins tonight they are only one game back in the loss column and hold the first half of the tiebreaker over K.C. with the final match-up between the two to be played in Denver.

And the Chargers would only be two games back. Chargers are a much better team than their current record IMO.

I know. I just think K.C has a superior team to anyone in the division, combined with the fact they are already up at least 1.5 games over everyone

Tough call, !@#$ both of these teams.

:lol:

I actually kind of like both these teams. But yes, since either could be in the Bills way for a playoff spot. !@#$ both of these teams.

Denver

We have the head-to-head against them if our records are close at the end of the year. Every loss for KC helps our draft pick we got from them. But also, when teams lose they have less confidence moving forward and when they win they have more confidence moving forward. We still have to face KC and I'd prefer if they weren't on a hot streak when we play them. Less momentum to battle against.

Would be best from a Bills perspective if KC wins. They need to pull away in the AFCW, as the Bills now own tiebreakers over the Broncos and Raiders. The Bills probably won't beat the Chiefs @ arrowhead and NE is still probably too big a hill to climb to actually win the East. The Bills could be set up better for a wildcard berth than they have in a long time. Actually in a good spot instead of needing umpteen scenarios to play out in their favor to sneak in. They are really in a position to earn it outright . Add in another AFC win vs Jets to get to 6-2 and the end of this drought is in the crosshairs.

We root for Denver.

Two reasons:

1. We have their pick

2. Why are we not talking about winning the division?

1. Us Bills fans talk about the draft when we know our team is out of it. That's not happening.

2. Tom Brady is still playing well at age 40.

There are positives and negatives to each team winning or losing. Let's enjoy the fact that we make out either way.

If KC wins, they could potentially run away with the division. Pushing NE down to not having home field or a bye. Pushing Denver down even more, strengthening our hope for at least a wild card spot.

If Denver wins, it keeps our draft pick better. If we can beat KC in a few weeks we could have a 2 game lead on them. Not only if we had to deal with KC in the playoffs IF they didn't win their division they would have to come here. And then IF we managed to beat New England for the division , that would also lead to us having a better record and teams coming to OP in January.

We own the tiebreaker vs. Denver. Think about that for a minute.

It feels like we haven't owned a tiebreaker over anyone since the Comeback Game. In years during the playoff drought that we weren't eliminated by Halloween we've still lost all the projected tiebreakers late in the season.

If Oakland straightens out and competes we win that tiebreaker too.