Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Do you remember who else was on offense for us that game? I can't wait to find a QB who will move our offense with Nick O'Leary, Zay Jones (before he remembered how to catch), Brandon Tate, Kaelin Clay, and Logan Thomas. As soon as Charles Clay got hurt that day I looked at the rest of the people at my table and said we wouldn't score again.

Ugh the excuses. He didn't have to move the offense. He had to score more than a TD from the :censored: Bengals 36, 36, and 12 yard lines. Failing that, yes he had to drive down and score. That's what good QB's do.

2nd Half

BUF Punt (3 and out)

CIN INT (CIN 36)

BUF Punt (3 and out)

CIN FUM

BUF FG 9 plays 51 yards

CIN TD

BUF Punt (4 plays 10 yards)

CIN Punt (CIN 12)

BUF FG (3 and out)

CIN FG

BUF INT 3 plays -5 yards

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

That's what good QB's do.

Again, I don't point to talent on the field for most games (outside of reasoning for pass distribution). But in that Cincy game I don't see any QB outside of Brady or Rodgers having success with that group on the field. It was absolutely pathetic and a complete indictment on our FO. No coincidence that immediately after that game they went out and got Thompson, and it was also still lingering in Beane's mind when he traded for KB.

Jamison Hensley ESPN Staff Writer 

Ravens wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (knee) is officially listed as doubtful after not practicing for a second straight week. Chris Moore would take his place in the starting lineup. Wide receiver Mike Wallace (knee), defensive tackle Brandon Williams (back) and right tackle Austin Howard (knee) are questionable but all had full practices Friday. Two others are questionable: fullback Patrick Ricard (neck) and guard Jermaine Eluemunor (shoulder).

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have killed Tyrod all year. If by the grace of god, this guy ends the drought...I will never complain about him again. He can get a lifetime contract and I won’t care. Just end this stupid drought! 

That makes no sense.  They should be trying to upgrade regardless of a playoff berth. 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:07 PM, Big C said:

I think more Derrick Henry is bad for us, actually. DeMarco has not been that good this year.

Henry has significantly outperformed Murray.  So not good news that they won’t be sharing carries.  If either Henry in Tennessee or Drake in Miami has 25+ carries on the stat sheet tomorrow afternoon, Bills are likely done for the year.

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

Henry has significantly outperformed Murray.  So not good news that they won’t be sharing carries.  If either Henry in Tennessee or Drake in Miami has 25+ carries on the stat sheet tomorrow afternoon, Bills are likely done for the year.

I'd love to see the Titans try to run Henry 25 times against the Jags D.  Can't see them being successful if they really come to play. 

Up at 3:30 am with a severe case of anxiety/hopefulness/fear/anticipation.

In all seriousness, the team actually kind of sucks. Not really much better than the average bills team throughout the drought. But dammit if I'm not ecstatic about the possibility of a playoff game. 

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ESPN playoff generator

I'm inexperienced at these things

We win, the Bengals win, and we're in, is that what I'm seeing?

Excuse if this is discussed in other thread, I'm skunked on the search function since the board upgrade

Yes two scenarios:

1. Bills win and Ravens lose to Bengals

or

2. Bills win and Titans lose to Jax AND Chargers lose to Raidaz

55 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Yes two scenarios:

1. Bills win and Ravens lose to Bengals

or

2. Bills win and Titans lose to Jax AND Chargers lose to Raidaz

One clarification: #2 still gets us into the playoffs if we TIE rather than WIN.  So there is potentially value to McD's hyper-conservative OT strategy if it comes to that.  But a tie doesn't help us in scenario #1, so if the Bungles look like they're pulling off the upset, it's probably best to just go all-out for the win.

8 minutes ago, Cash said:

One clarification: #2 still gets us into the playoffs if we TIE rather than WIN.  So there is potentially value to McD's hyper-conservative OT strategy if it comes to that.  But a tie doesn't help us in scenario #1, so if the Bungles look like they're pulling off the upset, it's probably best to just go all-out for the win.

We also get in if all 4 teams lose.

10 minutes ago, Cash said:

Well if we win, those teams can lose or tie.

If we tie, the other teams have to lose. There are actually 3 scenarios.

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have killed Tyrod all year. If by the grace of god, this guy ends the drought...I will never complain about him again. He can get a lifetime contract and I won’t care. Just end this stupid drought! 

Be careful. This is happening.

We can't have him back even if we win.We need to move on from TT.