Trae Elston

How about the job Trae Elston did subbing in for Poyer? He's a journeyman guy, bounced around a couple of teams, signs here, is released, resigns here, and then gets not only the start, but his first INT in a huge win against the Raiders? He PERFECTLY represents the type of player that has gotten us to 5-2, and now joins Deonte Thompson in the Underdog Performer Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame!

I think that his performance and story of perseverance deserved its own thread on TSW. Great job, Trae!!!

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Poyer said he felt he was ready if he couldnt go, and he coached him up on the sidelines in between series. Glad we were able to get him back from the Eagles!

that is great to hear. i love the team/family/character stuff that is coming through. that is the process. of course, they seem to have just enough talent to make it work.

He played well. He led with his helmet at least three times. Could have ben called a couple times. He needs to clean that up. Otherwise he looked ok. Maybe safety depth is not so bad.

He always does that. He's a monster hitter. Hopefully he doesn't get flagged. Played a very good game overall. Just not getting burnt meant a huge game, plus he made some plays. The INT was thrown right to him, he wasn't even covering anyone. But he made it.

I was going to start a separate thread just named Leonard Johnson, because he has played steady and well the entire season, both against the run and pass. Hits. Tackles. Covers.

But with Tre and Hyde and Poyer and Gaines getting a lot of deservedly good pub, Johnson has played well, too. So let's give them both credit today.

Did well for next man up. That **** is actually working this year. Next man up never works for us.

Elston looked like a beast out there.

Also worth noting that both Leonard Johnson and Sharice Wright were among the top graded players today by PFF. So much for the glaring holes we thought were going to be apparent in the secondary without Gaines and Poyer.

At least man up, go to one of your horrible hot takes, and say you were wrong.

He played well. He led with his helmet at least three times. Could have ben called a couple times. He needs to clean that up. Otherwise he looked ok. Maybe safety depth is not so bad.

He always does that. He's a monster hitter. Hopefully he doesn't get flagged. Played a very good game overall. Just not getting burnt meant a huge game, plus he made some plays. The INT was thrown right to him, he wasn't even covering anyone. But he made it.

He needs to stop that for his own sake. Overall he had a great game all things considered, I gave him a game ball.

He owes White a big thank you. Once we put White to shadow Cooper after the first series, Elston had a lot of help from Hyde out there. That first series when we expected what we get from Poyer, was a disaster. I think Elston himself accounted for over 40 yards on that first drive.

I saw that - I think if he doesn't get flagged, he's going to mess himself (or someone else) up badly. There was one play where he dove in late, head first with his entire spinal column just stacked up in a nice, neat line. Gave me the willies.