2018 draft would you be upset if

Dboodrow

The bills went all offense with thier first 4 picks in rounds one and two?

Also if they pidnt pick a q.b in the 1st? I wouldnt mind seeing something like this

24. James washington (w.r) OKST

26. Bryce love (r.b) STAN

56. Mason rudolph (q.b) OKST

60. Vita vea (d.t) WASH

Ok well 1st 3 picks offense then 4th to replace dareus.

Or would you rather this scenario?

The BILLS sign kirk Cousins to a huge contract and then go all offense in the first two rounds

Round 1

22. Courtland Sutton (W.R) SMU

24. Bryce Love (R.B) STAN

54. Christian Kirk (W.R) TEXAS A.M

56. top o.l or c.b on board

Id probably go with scenario 2 but Cousins price tag is gonna be monsterous. Might be better off going ex. 1 and keeping Tyrod till Rudolph is ready.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible to think of a future draft without knowing what you have signed in free agency to fill holes. But I very much like the idea of your first group. I watched Washington and think he is fantastic but there may be other WR I'm not aware of or haven't seen enough that may be better pros. There are a lot of guys on this board who know a lot about college football.

I don't mind the first pick not being QB. Love Bryce Love. Looks like special player. I have no idea what the Bills think of Shady or what Shady thinks of the next two years so he may be a luxury or even more of a need, but he looks great. I think Rudolph goes in top 15-20 but a total steal at 56. That's a no brainer that's not happening I don't think.

We don't need three skill players before an OL though. We need two or three new OL so even though I like the guys you suggest, not sure I want to go to our fourth guy before a solid OL.

That said, it's also impossible to look at drafts by position the way we are talking here. By need. We would say we need a QB, WR, and RT and RG so we better take one in our first four picks. But a team is never ever going to think that way. If they have a safety they rated a noticeable amount more than the first guy available at a position of need they are going to take the safety, and they should. If it's marginal you take the position of need. If it's noticeable you take the BPA. So we can't just fill positions like you're saying until we know what is available when we pick. I like all three guys though.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

If we don't finally draft a QB after receiving all these picks, we get what we deserve coming to us.

This is a serious question to you and everyone else.

Let's just say you are in charge of the Bills and the draft. We have the team we have now. Everyone including you knows we need a QB. You spend months and months scouting players live, watching film, meeting with your scouts, interviewing coaches and the quarterbacks, going to combine and pro days. Everything.

There are let's say two guys you think are clearly above the others. Those are the guys you want. Two guys you like a lot but have serious reservations about. And two guys you think are not as good as others think and probably overhyped.

I don't know this but I would bet this is BASICALLY true of every GM. Maybe they like three guys a lot, maybe only one. But you get the picture.

The question and point is, if both of the two guys you LOVE are gone already, no matter how hard you tried to trade up to get him, do you draft a QB at 15 or 20 that you are not completely sold on because you think you need a franchise QB, instead of a guy available you love at a position of need who was graded much higher than the QB. And just hope the QB works out?

Becaus that is the most likely scenario. We are not getting one of the top two guys. None of them are sure things. Everyone including them have questions. We have a bunch of holes to fill. Do you just draft the QB and hope?

This is a serious question to you and everyone else.

Let's just say you are in charge of the Bills and the draft. We have the team we have now. Everyone including you knows we need a QB. You spend months and months scouting players live, watching film, meeting with your scouts, interviewing coaches and the quarterbacks, going to combine and pro days. Everything.

There are let's say two guys you think are clearly above the others. Those are the guys you want. Two guys you like a lot but have serious reservations about. And two guys you think are not as good as others think and probably overhyped.

I don't know this but I would bet this is BASICALLY true of every GM. Maybe they like three guys a lot, maybe only one. But you get the picture.

The question and point is, if both of the two guys you LOVE are gone already, no matter how hard you tried to trade up to get him, do you draft a QB at 15 or 20 that you are not completely sold on because you think you need a franchise QB, instead of a guy available you love at a position of need who was graded much higher than the QB. And just hope the QB works out?

Becaus that is the most likely scenario. We are not getting one of the top two guys. None of them are sure things. Everyone including them have questions. We have a bunch of holes to fill. Do you just draft the QB and hope?

I am firmly of the belief that you either get your guy or get value for your pick in the draft, especially when it comes to QB's. I sense that we are looking at a front office that follows that very same thought process based on what we saw in the 2017 draft, which I do believe McD had his hands all over. Guy's not there? Trade down. Guy we want slipped? Trade up.

I hope they are looking at Mayfield as I don't see the top 3 lasting until the Bills pick. However, if the Bills slip in the remaining games this season and end up in the top ten picks, I'd see about packaging a 1 and 2 or even the two firsts to get the guy they want.

If we go QB I hope it is Rosen

He will be gone.

And in answer to KTD - I'd try and manouvre my position so that I am in a spot where I feel comfortable about taking one of my 2nd choice guys and still take one early. The Bills HAVE to get more aggressive when it comes to drafting QBs. The wait for the draft to come to you approach to the position has failed.

If we don't finally draft a QB after receiving all these picks, we get what we deserve coming to us.

At what cost?

It had been documented via speculation that there could be 12 to 14 teams searching for a QB in 18.

How many picks need to be traded to get a guaranteed franchise QB?

Im not saying dont just bringing to light the scenarios they will face.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I am of the school you first need a great QB but baring that, one wins in the trenches so its OL and DL first...absolutely against a RB in the first two rounds..unless of course the next OJ (sans sharp edged weapons) is available when you pick

Do NT/DE, OT with first two picks, then in second go for a WR, LB, DB ( from the BPA list in the 2nd round)

How can you want Cousins over Taylor? God he is soo underrated on here!

I think they're high on Peterman and unless Tyrod has a very bad final 10 games, I hope they don't draft QB at all, and roll with Peterman as backup, build a powerhouse..

Exactly, when Tyrod leads us to the playoffs why not invest in the trenches? We need help everywhere (depth wise) and I think Tyrod has won over this staff. QB might not be as pressing of a need as you all make it out to be.

I am of the school you first need a great QB but baring that, one wins in the trenches so its OL and DL first...absolutely against a RB in the first two rounds..unless of course the next OJ (sans sharp edged weapons) is available when you pick

Do NT/DE, OT with first two picks, then in second go for a WR, LB, DB ( from the BPA list in the 2nd round)

Would a certain Nittany Lion RB fall into that OJ-esque category for you? He sure as hell does for me.