This DL is in shambles

GreggTX

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a concern. But, the way this management has operated, did anyone really believe Dareus would be here next year? Answer: No.

My biggest question is only a 6th? 6th rounds picks have a low chance of making a team in the NFL--not much value in return, other than the cap money saved.

Buffalo had 0 takers in the preseason. If they waited til the end of the year their would be no interest because of his contract and an understanding that he will be cut. 6th rd is all they were offered. Daures played his best game of the year. He played in 57% of snaps made a tackle. Its not like he was dominating. That 3rd and long off sides was most likely the lasting image of him. He has went Haynesworth. I respect what the new regime is trying to do and implement. There needs to be more than just talent to justify the big salaries.

It seems Jacksonville inherited all dead space that Dareus would have caused us, so I like this move. Still, our DL looks really bad right now.

Hughes is having his best season to date, but Kyle is nowhere near probowl caliber any more. Shaq is a real disappointment thus far and our remaining DT's are just dumpster diver quality. At LB, Lorenzo is the only LB having a decent season and Lorenzo's play has also fallen off. Our defense may struggle as we near the end of the season. They've looked pretty soft these last 2 games anyways.

How is our cap space looking now?

The defense is the reason that we're 4-2. That is all.

It seems Jacksonville inherited all dead space that Dareus would have caused us, so I like this move. Still, our DL looks really bad right now.

Hughes is having his best season to date, but Kyle is nowhere near probowl caliber any more. Shaq is a real disappointment thus far and our remaining DT's are just dumpster diver quality. At LB, Lorenzo is the only LB having a decent season and Lorenzo's play has also fallen off. Our defense may struggle as we near the end of the season. They've looked pretty soft these last 2 games anyways.

How is our cap space looking now?

The only thing this post gets right is that Kyle isn't quite the same player he was 5 years ago. Even still he is on par or better than a good chunk of DTs in the league.

Shaq is doing his job. Just because the sacks aren't there doesn't mean he's not playing the run at a solid level. Alexander has been fine...did you forget how solid Humber has looked? He will be back soon. Heck, Milano has played really well for a rookie as well.

If you tune in and watch games even with a small amount of knowledge you will see how awful your attempt at this hot take is.

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox

Not sure the dline is in shambles, but next year it will no doubt look very different without Dareus. I also think this is Kyle Williams last season in Buffalo and he's not exactly playing like he has in years past anyway.

So at minimum we are probably looking at 2 new starters but we certainly have the draft capital to get some good players in the front seven among other areas of need for this team.

Sets the edge very well.

True. I can't think of a RB this season that has gotten to the sidelines for big gains yet. But of course everyone looks for the sexy sack numbers. Bills we're Top 5 with Pettine and Schwartz and no post season to show for it. Let's try McDs approach shall we.

I like (as in really, really like) dumping Dareus. Having said that: he was still playing reasonably well when he was out there. PFF had him ranked "above average." For comparison:

Kyle: average

Thornton: below average

Worthy: poor

Adolphus: poor

So assuming Dareus would be on the field (a big assumption), they do take an immediate hit by trading him. The alternatives are kind of replacement level players. Adolphus has more talent, but they seem to be giving up on him, at least as an inside player. And it is also true that injuries are catching up with the D. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take a step back in the short term. But again, I still love the trade since it opens up tons of options for 2018 and beyond.

im actually pretty high on Worthy

But Marcel was a huge part of that...............

He was in on only 1/3 of the snaps. He missed the equivalent of two full games of defensive snaps. Thats just ridiculous.

When I see people posting 'tackles schmackles' posts, I suspect their understanding of what causes an offensive play to end.

I'm a bit too gentile to use the qualifier 'zero', but it's possible you may catch on.

I saw the same 'argument' about Mario Williams in his last year and many other conclusive has-beens.

You don't make tackles, you won't be in this league for much longer.

You can get an appropriately priced sand bag at Home Depot and it doesn't even wear a Captain's hat or get suspended.

I dont feel like this post will get the proper attention and credit it deserves.

This is awesome.

There are two people to blame for where we are: Whaley for giving a guy with known issues including poor work habits an unwise contract extension. Then blame the player who can only get on the field for half the snaps and is one headline away from being untradeable.

Neither of these are on the new GM or coach. Credit them for being smart enough to understand what many past administrations have not: you can't motivate a player that doesn't want to be motivated and you can't build a winning culture by being hypocritical and carrying players who aren't focused on winning.

Shambles. They are toast. Every team is going to put 30+ on us from here on out.

Take it to the bank.

I don't think the situation is that dire but with or without Dareus this defense has always been smoke and mirrors and certainly trending in the wrong direction the last few weeks.

I'll be very surprised if we do hold the Raiders to under 30 points and Carr has less than 300 yards tomorrow, don't see it happening though.