How many classes did you fail in school?

Another Fan

This is how my senior year went. Failed every class with the exceptions of US Government and English, which were the only classes I needed to graduate. Lots of beer, bong hits, and girls.

Ha, me too. I was being pushed into early graduation, but refused with my social life in full swing and senior year of sports. Went to gym class and AP Government each week and blew off everything else. Gym was all I needed to graduate and, since class rankings weren't based off of senior year, there were absolutely no negative consequences to failing.

That was my "year off" before college.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a failing grade on a midterm for junior year geometry and the teacher gave us the "this is the dividing line in life for math kids, you better get your living **** together and study if you want to continue" speech, which I got my living **** together very well

then midterm in 1st year Economics at University got the same speech for 90% of the class that was failing, less so got my living **** together but still passed

All of them. when I turned 21 they said, that I to old for 7th grade.

Isn’t that age discrimination? You should sue them for that!

I had a housemate in college from Abilene TX who’s parents were both doctors from Mexico. They spoke Spanish at home so he took that as an easy elective....and got a D. Apparently “Spanish” isn’t always “Spanish”.

Ooops!

Math was my nemesis. Just couldn't get beyond simple addition/subtraction. Hated division. Detested geometry and algebra. Failed a semester of Algebra (and my teacher was horrible...in the system 40+ years, may have been drunk many days). Ended up passing the final by the skin of my teef.

That's when I decided to become an English major.

And here we thought you were an ESL student....

Math was my nemesis. Just couldn't get beyond simple addition/subtraction. Hated division. Detested geometry and algebra. Failed a semester of Algebra (and my teacher was horrible...in the system 40+ years, may have been drunk many days). Ended up passing the final by the skin of my teef.

That's when I decided to become an English major.

Never in my life have I been taught long division. After 3rd grade I moved from Hamburg (where they taught it in 4th grade) to Williamsville where they had covered it in 3rd grade. I learned to be a pretty good estimator!

I should have been an english major. I HATED math, but got the same score on both parts of the SAT’s because Sister Jean woudln’t allow it any other way...

Never in my life have I been taught long division. After 3rd grade I moved from Hamburg (where they taught it in 4th grade) to Williamsville where they had covered it in 3rd grade. I learned to be a pretty good estimator!

I should have been an english major. I HATED math, but got the same score on both parts of the SAT’s because Sister Jean woudln’t allow it any other way...

Did you have to swim n.... wait ..... forget it.

I have one "F" on my college transcript, but that's because I meant to drop the class but didn't file the paperwork correctly. I retook the class the following year and got an "A", for whatever that's worth.

Was in college and I got very ill with bronchitis and walking pneumonia. I could not pass classes but I checked and they said that if took a semester, even for medical leave, I'd lose my scholarships and I'd have to start paying back student loans so I attended what classes I could but failed all. When I returned I needed to get medical clearance (they did not ask me for medical clearance to pay tuition bills).

Was in college and I got very ill with bronchitis and walking pneumonia. I could not pass classes but I checked and they said that if took a semester, even for medical leave, I'd lose my scholarships and I'd have to start paying back student loans so I attended what classes I could but failed all. When I returned I needed to get medical clearance (they did not ask me for medical clearance to pay tuition bills).

a character builder

a friend's school "mistakenly" sent all senior year student's loans as uncollectable and delinquent before her final year, so credit collectors started hammering her on the phone the first week of school, she got a part time job and paid it off

None. Cut my finger off in my knife skills test. I had no idea that looking at the spurting blood in fascination vs freaking out was actually the current answer. Pushed me to a pass. :thumbsup:

Funny...it's the correct answer at the other CIA, too...

Just two classes in High school ...

Geometry - The teacher was hot and I spent the entire class, everyday, studying her curves and angles.

Madness of crowds - Failed as a junior, the teacher hated me. Had to take it again as a senior, same teacher, less hate for me, aced it the 2nd time around.

Worst thing was that it kindergarden graduation...........

A girl in my kindergarten class had to repeat. She couldn’t tie her shoes, got “frustrated” and would throw them at the teacher. Looking back, my apple juice smelled nothing like her Jack and Coke....

Only thing I ever failed was a quarter of gym class my senior year. By no means did I give 2 sh!ts about the class, but there was nothing to warrant failing. Was so indignant that, as a 17 year old, I stormed into the phys-ed offices and proceeded to launch into a, completely out of character, 10 minute expletive laced tirade at this 40-50 something year old teacher in front of his colleagues... without a single repercussion. He looked so castratated by the berating that the other gym teachers started laughing at him while I was ranting at him.

As a result of failing the class, I had to take gym class daily with him for the next quarter. First day, I blasted him in the back of the head with a basketball without any attempt to hide the fact it was me... or that it was 100% intentional. When he turned around to see who did it I glared at him as if to say Which one of us do you think made the mistake.

I was no better the rest of the quarter, or the rest of the year for that matter, but apparently the cost of the point he was trying to make wasnt worth it to him as I passed the rest of the year without so much as a sideways glance, despite actively working to make his life miserable at every opportunity.

For context, I was a less nerdy version, IMO, of Anthony Michael Hall in The Breakfast Club and that gym teacher was my elephant lamp with the effed up trunk-switch... except that I repeatedly shot the flare gun at the elephant lamp at every opportunity, and yet they never gave me Saturday detention.