Zay Jones please read

Graham Barfield

@GrahamBarfield

Zay Jones' 21.9% catch rate is the worst in NFL history for any WR with at least 30 targets in a single-season since 1992

Worst in NFL history since 1992? So worst since 1992, not in NFL history?

This isn't a mistake here and there, he is dropping passes at an NFL record high rate in the last 25 years. The team is not in a full blown rebuild, they are 4-2. If they were 0-6, I would say, keep him out there and see what he can do. Because they are 4-2, Matthews/Thompson or even Matthews/Tate gives them a better immediate chance.

This doesn't mean I say cut him or let him sit on the end of the bench. Give him chances when the other starters need a break or if is a 3, 4, 5 wr formation. As he gains confidence, give him more chances.

In the end I kinda got what Gug was saying......lets work the vet wr's we have not that it looks like we have a couple of good ones and move Zay to the slot and let him catch the safe high percentage passes for a while and biuld some confidence.

I still say that this team is going to end up going as far as Marcel and Zay take us this year because they are not yet played up to their potential.

Worst in NFL history since 1992? So worst since 1992, not in NFL history?

Threw me off too. I think they mean it's the worst of anyone since they started tracking the stat. Maybe they only tracked catches and not targets prior to that?

Pro Football Reference drops the target stat between 1992 and 1991, so that's what I'm going with.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1991/receiving.htm

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

This is the absolute last thing I think they should do. He got targeted 9 times and caught 2 passes in a near loss. He should see the ball far less unless it's garbage time.

And this is the mark of a true Bills fan!

... has a better ring to it than 'a near win', though. )

Which brings me to.... why is there no retreat facility for us Bills fans? Some kind of place where we can go to get our heads screwed on straight for a bit, at least during the season

---------------

Starting WR? Statistically? Probably not. But I have no doubt he'll turn it around. He has the talent and game tape to back it up. He just needs a 7 catch 80-100 yard game to break out of this funk.

TT should have hit down the left side on Sunday - wide open deep.

And this is the mark of a true Bills fan!

... has a better ring to it than 'a near win', though. )

Which brings me to.... why is there no retreat facility for us Bills fans? Some kind of place where we can go to get our heads screwed on straight for a bit, at least during the season

We almost lost the game; we didn't almost win it. Hence "near loss." A "near win" would have been a Bills loss.

Taylor can't throw him a good pass

Every other receiver on this team has caught the ball, including a guy that had more catches than practices with this team... yet Zay is the only one that cant get a good pass thrown to him. Sound logic there.

The team is winning with him in the line-up... He has the talent... Let him get the experience...

Well they also lost with him in the lineup so....

Doesnt matter.....we drafted him in the 2nd round and gave up a pick to move up....cant give up on him in year 1

This is complete kneejerk reaction by you

TJ Graham says hello.

But no I don't think they should give up on him.

Throw to him in the red zone and let him get that first TD catch. He needs that so bad right now

They tried that too. Holmes bailed him out.