Zay Jones please read

I always say if the ball hits your hands you should catch it but I will say after rewatching all the games on DVR that 80% of the throws to Jones are off target. On some of the shorter routes he looks surprised the ball is thrown so poorly.

On some of the deeper ones last game they were basically overthrows or out of bounds.

I always say if the ball hits your hands you should catch it but I will say after rewatching all the games on DVR that 80% of the throws to Jones are off target. On some of the shorter routes he looks surprised the ball is thrown so poorly.

all QBs have bad throws occasionally. The good receivers catch some of them

So, I have to ask. Has Taylor spent any extra time with Zay after practice to work on their timing?

Not "has Zay spent anytime with Tyrod" or even "have Zay and Tyrod spent anytime together after practice".

Psst... Your bias is showing

Just a completely false and ridiculous statement.

The guy runs sloppy routes and can't catch. He cost the bills the game against the Panthers and if he catches that quick screen in the red zone against the Bengals (which, admittedly, is the one bad pass Taylor gave him) and beats his man, who knows what happens that game.

It means he is a rookie and people that want to give up on him are clueless.

Good hands is not something you ever forget, and bad hands cannot usually be overcome. Anyone who is now in their 50s and once had "hands" fancies that they still do. And they are usually right - it is a lifetime skill.

There is Zay has a body of work in college that establishes Zay's hands if nothing else. What would his numbers be if he had zero drops and caught the "catchable" balls not counted as drops? This is where he will be. The concern I had is "can he get enough separation in the NFL to be targeted." He is doing that, which is an overwhelming positive. While painful, the drops will end. But haters gonna hate and they can't follow this because of some stupid stat based on six weeks of NFL play for a rookie.

And add to that not messing up his routes. The Carolina pass was on him, not TT. He finishes his route in the second half of the year. Do you doubt he learned something from Carolina? Young man was in tears. He wants it.

It means he is a rookie and people that want to give up on him are clueless.

Good hands is not something you ever forget, and bad hands cannot usually be overcome. Anyone who is now in their 50s and once had "hands" fancies that they still do. And they are usually right - it is a lifetime skill.

There is Zay has a body of work in college that establishes Zay's hands if nothing else. What would his numbers be if he had zero drops and caught the "catchable" balls not counted as drops? This is where he will be. The concern I had is "can he get enough separation in the NFL to be targeted." He is doing that, which is an overwhelming positive. While painful, the drops will end. But haters gonna hate and they can't follow this because of some stupid stat based on six weeks of NFL play for a rookie.

And add to that not messing up his routes. The Carolina pass was on him, not TT. He finishes his route in the second half of the year. Do you doubt he learned something from Carolina? Young man was in tears. He wants it.

I don't think want to give up on him. Just expected more out of him at this point. If he was running the wrong routes or having trouble adjusting to the NFL that is understandable but he's just not making catches