Deonte Thompson

Fun stat from yesterday: Mitch Trubisky had 4 completions for 107 yards. Deonte Thompson had 4 catches for 107 yards after being cut by the Bears.

Thompson was not in sync with Trubisky according to Bears fan I know who seems to really know his team. He actually expected Dolphins to pick him up and said he was his favorite Bears WR and stated the Bills have better WRs than Bears.

Oh and another fun stat: we both won despite critics of both teams expect and now are saying wins were anomalies rather than admitting that no team would hire them for their football knowledge even as an unpaid interns.

Thompson's problem is he goes hot and cold with lapses of concentration.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a rumor on WGR that BBFO asked Tyrod who out there in FA land do you trust and he said former Raven DThompson. Makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised if true.

He's a man's man.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-QB-Tyrod-Taylor-launches-deep-to-Deonte-Thompson-for-a-huge-gain/969793f1-df3a-49a3-b6f5-0d258291e606

I heard a rumor on WGR that BBFO asked Tyrod who out there in FA land do you trust and he said former Raven DThompson. Makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised if true.

He's a man's man.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bills-QB-Tyrod-Taylor-launches-deep-to-Deonte-Thompson-for-a-huge-gain/969793f1-df3a-49a3-b6f5-0d258291e606

Would surprise me, this team is all in on Taylor and obviously we aren't making a blockbuster trade for a big time WR during the season.

So as far as dumpster diving goes this team may have hit the jackpot with Thompson.

Thompson was not in sync with Trubisky according to Bears fan I know who seems to really know his team. He actually expected Dolphins to pick him up and said he was his favorite Bears WR and stated the Bills have better WRs than Bears.

Oh and another fun stat: we both won despite critics of both teams expect and now are saying wins were anomalies rather than admitting that no team would hire them for their football knowledge even as an unpaid interns.

Thompson's problem is he goes hot and cold with lapses of concentration.

Really? Cause ive read that Bears fans questioned the release because Thompson was Trubiskys favorite target in preseason. They were saying comments like... "of course when we finally start Mitch, we get rid of his favorite weapon all preseason long. Total Bears move"

DT showed speed, which we desperately need, along with the ability to separate and make some tough catches. If he and TT continue build on this game, we may have some WR passing threats yet. His vertical stretch is just going to help Shady and the run game.

His vertical speed will help the entire offense. If he keeps thw play up the defenses will have to account for him and the longer ball. The issue with the recievers is that there is no spacing, its not their fault rather than the people who built the team. There was no one on roster who could catch a long ball so there was so space for Matthews or even Zay underneath. When Clay gets back it could really benefit the Matthews. Defenses would have to account for the deep ball to Deonte and the seam route to Clay which should leave the middle shorter route open all day which will allow Matthews to thrive

He's a man's man.

I would bet that when DT was released, TT went to the FO and told them to get him ASAP.

His vertical speed will help the entire offense. If he keeps thw play up the defenses will have to account for him and the longer ball. The issue with the recievers is that there is no spacing, its not their fault rather than the people who built the team. There was no one on roster who could catch a long ball so there was so space for Matthews or even Zay underneath. When Clay gets back it could really benefit the Matthews. Defenses would have to account for the deep ball to Deonte and the seam route to Clay which should leave the middle shorter route open all day which will allow Matthews to thrive

I was thinking of how much Clay's return will help the offense now that DT is there and Matthews is back, allowing them to put Zay in the slot.

Solid analysis. So it just may end up that a Bears cast off rescues our passing game.