Deonte Thompson

Every guy that caught a pass, I was like: "who the hell is that?"

Me too. When Thompson caught his first pass, I wondered if he was the guy they picked up earlier this week. I didn't expect to see him on the field today, and I definitely didn't expect him to click with the offense this soon. I hope that continues.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deonte Thompson was a stud today. How about that? Dude walks on and becomes one of the team's top targets, along with Logan Thomas, Nick O'Leary, and Andre Holmes. Household names, that lot.

Yeah, I'd say Tyrod Taylor deserves some credit for getting 30 points with this second-tier group of pass catchers.

Imagine if we had Desean Jackson and Mike Evans. One thing I saw Tyrod do more today was throwing to covered receivers, giving them a chance to make a play. Doesnt work out too much with this sorry bunch but hes progressing.

Talk about a true wildcard, without him we very well may lose the game.

Wouldn't expect this type of production every week though but at least he provided a legit vertical threat.

Does it concern you that the Patriots missed out on signing Thompson?

Imagine if we had Desean Jackson and Mike Evans. One thing I saw Tyrod do more today was throwing to covered receivers, giving them a chance to make a play. Doesnt work out too much with this sorry bunch but hes progressing.

Exactly. Tyrod's critics aren't taking into consideration what a sorry group of receivers we have this year. Yet they are getting it done. It's impressive.

I agree, I thought Tyrod played more aggressive today — both with throwing to covered receivers, the downfield balls, and his willingness to run — than we've seen since the last game against Miami in 2016.

It feels like his mentality has changed a little bit. I like it.

The GM and coach seem to be pulling the right levers. There was a lot teeth gnashing over the past couple weeks over Beane not picking up a WR. What did he do? Picked up a player that was a major reason why we won.

There also was a lot of hand wringing of Ducasse playing rather than Miller, what does Ducasse do? Plays 2 solid games whereas Miller has been abysmal.

Just goes to show you that the peanut gallery and their hot takes don't know football nearly as much as the guys in charge.

Thank god.

I would not be shocked to see Deonte Thompson replace Zay Jones in the starting line-up against Oakland. In fact, I think they should. Jordan Matthews, Deonte Thompson, and Andre Holmes is at least a competent trio.

They need to protect Zay a little bit better, or they're going to wreck the poor kid. Zay needs to be able to watch from the sidelines more and adjust to the game.

Exactly. Tyrod's critics aren't taking into consideration what a sorry group of receivers we have this year. Yet they are getting it done. It's impressive.

I agree, I thought Tyrod played more aggressive today both with throwing to covered receivers, the downfield balls, and his willingness to run than we've seen since the last game against Miami in 2016.

It feels like his mentality has changed a little bit. I like it.

Great post, I agree with all of this. There isnt a QB in the league with a worse receiving corps but hes making it happen. Apparently the players had a meeting with Dennison about bringing some of last years offense back so maybe thats why Tyrod was running more.

I would not be shocked to see Deonte Thompson replace Zay Jones in the starting line-up against Oakland. In fact, I think they should. Jordan Matthews, Deonte Thompson, and Andre Holmes is at least a competent trio.

They need to protect Zay a little bit better, or they're going to wreck the poor kid. Zay needs to be able to watch from the sidelines more and adjust to the game.

What has Andre Holmes done to make you include him in that list?

The GM and coach seem to be pulling the right levers. There was a lot teeth gnashing over the past couple weeks over Beane not picking up a WR. What did he do? Picked up a player that was a major reason why we won.

There also was a lot of hand wringing of Ducasse playing rather than Miller, what does Ducasse do? Plays 2 solid games whereas Miller has been abysmal.

Just goes to show you that the peanut gallery and their hot takes don't know football nearly as much as the guys in charge.

Thank god.

Or... you could say... why didn't they get an NFL receiver in here earlier? ;)

They took a guy off the street and immediately kept two of the other four WR inactive. That alone shows we were woefully ill prepared before.

What has Andre Holmes done to make you include him in that list?

Catch most of his targets? Not sure what his stat line is, but I'm sure it's a better percentage than Zay Jones.

Great post, I agree with all of this. There isnt a QB in the league with a worse receiving corps but hes making it happen. Apparently the players had a meeting with Dennison about bringing some of last years offense back so maybe thats why Tyrod was running more.

Yeah, I'm glad to see some adjustments in the run game. Whether it's Dennison, or whether it's Tyrod individually deciding he's going to use his god given talents more (as Mike Vick referred to them on WGR last week) -- either way, I like it.

If Tyrod keeps playing like he did today, if he continues to squeeze blood from a stone with his receivers, this is a 10-6 team; first double-digit season since '99.

Give him a legit deep threat next year and a quick & shifty rookie RB to split carries with Shady, and they're a championship contender.