JW - Real QB?

See you always go a bit OTT. He played well.... the 2nd half I'd say very well. But "phenomenal"? Just pump the brakes a tad.... and I am not telling you not to be happy or enjoy the win.

I do go overboard, but I guess I'm just still high on the fact we won ,down 7 with 3 mins left..Not sure I ever witnessed that. I just really liked some of his decision making,and how bout Thompson?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon, Logan Thomas was wide open in his TD, too.

True. The point was only that the Bills offensive production and the Bucs offensive production was almost identical. And it wasn't because the Bills had a great run game and the Bucs didn't. They were equal. And Winston had twice the weapons Tyrod had.

I do go overboard, but I guess I'm just still high on the fact we won ,down 7 with 3 mins left..Not sure I ever witnessed that. I just really liked some of his decision making,and how bout Thompson?

As I said in the week Thompson might be a JAG but a JAG is better than the STers who are scrub WRs like Holmes and Tate.

True. The point was only that the Bills offensive production and the Bucs offensive production was almost identical. And it wasn't because the Bills had a great run game and the Bucs didn't. They were equal. And Winston had twice the weapons Tyrod had.

Weirdly enough you included a lot of personal stats of both Taylor and Winston, but not their TD totals.

Winston had a different good game than Tyrod but Tyrod played very well.

Sometimes you need to throw for 400 yards and 3 TD's to win a game. Sometimes you need to protect the ball and make a couple key plays.

It's really not that complex.

Remember when you said Siemian has a higher ceiling than Tyrod and could be the next Joe Montana?

And their personal TO numbers?

I'm letting you off the hook Kelly. It was a good win. Cheers.

Yup. ;)

Turnovers were listed right down the list. I took away the one turnover that wasn't Tyrod's and one turnover that wasn't Winston's fault when I got there. ;)

It was this list... under box score...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400951575

1 INT. Near INT's don't count.

1 INT 1 Fumble lost. Near ints don't count but they sure don't look good on the eye test. He basically threw the ball right to Hyde. Hyde lost it going to the ground. Had he not lost it you could take 7 off the scoreboard for them.

#eyetest

It was 30-27.

They had 447 yards we had 434.

Both teams had 11 drives.

Yards per play were essentially the same.

They were 6-11 on third down, we were 10-16.

Winston had two turnovers TT had none.

Winston had 378 yards TT had 261 plus 53 rushing for 314.

Winston has Evans, Jackson, Howard, Bratt and Martin.

TT has one handed Matthews, Zay, DT, OLeary, Thomas and Shady.

Winston played injured

Jameis is a good QB, but how about the weapons he has around him? How good would he look throwing to Logan Thomas, Deonte Thompson, Nick O'Leary, Andre Holmes?

Give Tyrod the likes of Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson, and people would be falling over themselves to call TT "elite."

TT has trouble with accuracy, read “ball placement.” It would be great to have his receiver corps but that won’t fix his throwing issues.

I am not a big Tyrod fan, I feel he misses downfield throws and I think they can do better at QB in the future. With that said he played a really good football game today; when he is running the ball and hitting his wr's on the run he can be a serious weapon. It just seems that it should happen way more than it has and when he sits n the pocket his deficiencies are highlighted. The game plan he executed today was excellent and I hope they keep giving it to him just like that.

Remember when you said Siemian has a higher ceiling than Tyrod and could be the next Joe Montana?

Remember when you said Derek Carr was average after he threw for 400 yards and beat the hottest team in the AFC? After saying Cooper sucked with 200 receiving yards and 2 TD's?

That glass house of yours is purty.

TT has trouble with accuracy, read “ball placement.” It would be great to have his receiver corps but that won’t fix his throwing issues.

The past two years, in the 15 games Taylor had a legit number one & two receiver to throw to (Watkins & Woods), this happened : 63.6%. 8.25 ypa. 27 tds. 6 int.

Some "throwing issues", huh?

I bet he could do even better with Evans, Jackson, Howard, and Brate. What do you think?

Remember when you said Derek Carr was average after he threw for 400 yards and beat the hottest team in the AFC? After saying Cooper sucked with 200 receiving yards and 2 TD's?

That glass house of yours is purty.

No I dont remember saying that. Go ahead and find the post where I said that. Have fun.

Gotchu fam.

No you didnt. You said I said Carr was average and Cooper played like crap AFTER the game. I posted those in what the 3rd quarter? Cooper was dropping passes and Carr was off on a bunch of his throws. I also said Carrs injury was clearly still bothering him and I expect him to get better as the season goes on. Cooper has struggled with drops all season and that will likely continue.

Good try though! I think your ceiling as a poster is really high, maybe even Joe Montana level

Edited by HappyDays

No you didnt. You said I said Carr was average and Cooper played like crap AFTER the game. I posted those in what the 3rd quarter? Cooper was dropping passes and Carr was off on a bunch of his throws. I also said Carrs injury was clearly still bothering him and I expect him to get better as the season goes on. Cooper has struggled with drops all season and that will likely continue.

Good try though! I think your ceiling as a poster is really high, maybe even Joe Montana level

Cooper had 190 yards and 2 TD's in the third Q.

You lose! Good day sir!

Cooper had 190 yards and 2 TD's in the third Q.

You lose! Good day sir!

And amazingly dropped at least another 100 yards. Man I was responding to your post about how you thought Carr looked pretty good by pointing out that Cooper had dropped a bunch of well placed passes. I wasnt really disagreeing with you. When I said Carr looked average I meant in relation to the rest of his career. Carr is a top 10 QB in the league, I havent ever said anything different.

A blurb from CBS sports says teams that turn the ball over three or more times are 3-34 this year so far. JW only was responsible for two of them but as a team they had three, and it's another indication that TT doesn't get the credit he deserves for not turning it over.

Mitch Trubisky doesn't turn it over either my man. He's 2-1. TT lite.