Bills have signed WR Deonte Thompson; cut Joe Banyard

YoloinOhio

Not sitting around with my thumb up my a$$ and trying to sell more starters for draft picks. Get TT someone legitimate to throw a deep ball to.

This league is all about winning now, not 2 years after your draft picks develop, if they ever do.

Do you have any examples of starters we sold where we didn't get starters back?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thompson move may signal that Mathews is still a week away perhaps?

The Simms move is intriguing makes you think there could be something else brewing. Best thing I could come up with if the Bills are 3-4 at the trade deadline do they ship Off Taylor and hand it over to Peterman with someone like Simms backing up?

There's not a real deep threat out there (unless you count 31 yr old Eddie Royal), but there are some legitimate options that we could have brought in for a visit. Here's a list of some WRs available with at least 10 receiving TDs:

Eddie Royal

Victor Cruz

Cecil Shorts

Vincent Jackson
Stevie Johnson

Rod Streater - I actually thought this would have made the most sense

Notable guys that might be worth grooming:

Dorial Green-Beckham (only 6 TDs, but a former 2nd rd guy, age 24)

Marquess Wilson (25 years old, started 14 games over a few seasons in CHI)

I dont think the signing had anything to do with Mathews health. More about a guy who recently came available that could give the offense a deep threat that is currently missing.

I dont know how good this guy is but with 4.3 speed he can stretch a defense for sure.

There's not a real deep threat out there (unless you count 31 yr old Eddie Royal), but there are some legitimate options that we could have brought in for a visit. Here's a list of some WRs available with at least 10 receiving TDs:

Eddie Royal

Victor Cruz

Cecil Shorts

Vincent Jackson

Stevie Johnson

Nice list, was gonna pop something almost exactly the same for the Guy above you.

Beckham would be a great add or VJax. Royal alone could keep a D honest to let McCoy get some running lanes with a deep threat at WR.

It's all for nothing though as anyone of these guys would have needed to come in last week to learn the playbook. At a very min. they should have brought in a TE in case Clay has any setbacks.

Not a TT guy, but it is honestly ridiculous what this FO has left him with.

Edited by Real McCoy

Nice list, was gonna pop something almost exactly the same for the Guy above you. People are content just doing nothing.

Beckham would be a great add or Vjax.

A 3rd (which we have 2 of)

Would have probably gotten us

Garçon

Keenan Allen

Kenny Britt

Tavon Austin

Etc

There are things that can be done, but its cheaper to sit on our hands and just go another whole season without making the playoffs. No fan base in the league should be less patient then us, yet when you want to make a move you will hear its not madden

Yeah its not madden. Even in madden teams dont go 17 years with no playoffs.

Garçon

Keenan Allen

Kenny Britt

Tavon Austin

Etc

There are things that can be done, but its cheaper to sit on our hands and just go another whole season without making the playoffs. No fan base in the league should be less patient then us, yet when you want to make a move you will hear its not madden

Kenny Britt? Don't watch much Browns football, eh. I don't blame you. But he's not only terrible, he doesn't try or care. McD wouldn't sign that guy if he was a street FA on a min deal.

Eddie Royal

Victor Cruz

Cecil Shorts

Vincent Jackson

Stevie Johnson

That list looks better than our starters. I would have like to see Streater brought back, Cruz, Shorts, Jackson or Wilson would be ok too.

Garçon

Keenan Allen

Kenny Britt

Tavon Austin

Etc

I keep seeing Garcon thrown around a lot. The 49ers signed him to a five-year, $47.5 million. Wouldn't you rather have Woods for 5 years $39 million? Seems like it would be a completely backwards move.

Kenny Britt? Don't watch much Browns football, eh. I don't blame you. But he's not only terrible, he doesn't try or care. McD wouldn't sign that guy if he was a street FA on a min deal.

He would literally be the best WR on this team tomorrow even if he didnt care. Thats how bad we are at the position right now.

I keep seeing Garcon thrown around a lot. The 49ers signed him to a five-year, $47.5 million. Wouldn't you rather have Woods for 5 years $39 million? Seems like it would be a completely backwards move.

I think Garçon is better. But I would have had no issue with keeping Woods. I wasnt the trigger man in that decision.

Andre Holmes, Zay Jones, Philly Brown, Kaelin Clay and Deonte Thompson.

Deonte Thompson is the Bills #1

He actually wanted to go where he could be the #1, so he says. He knew that wouldn't happen with Watkins here.

Then, Watkins followed him.

Woods 22 catches, 322 yards

Watkins 15 catches, 222 yards

I mean this wait for Sammy Watkins to become a top tier WR just keeps going and going.

Watkins is in his 4th year now....