Bills have signed WR Deonte Thompson; cut Joe Banyard

YoloinOhio

The Thompson move may signal that Mathews is still a week away perhaps?

The Simms move is intriguing makes you think there could be something else brewing. Best thing I could come up with if the Bills are 3-4 at the trade deadline do they ship Off Taylor and hand it over to Peterman with someone like Simms backing up?

I doubt the Bills make a move at QB at a record such as 3-4. If they go 3 or 4 games below .500 maybe it happens. They are not even close to that yet.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did working out a PS scrub QB lead to people thinking they are trading the starting QB? Teams work out QBs all the time.

I think they just bring in QBs because they need someone to throw to the WRs theyre actually scouting. Not a bad gig, you sit around, work out, every few weeks a team brings you in for a day and you collect a few grand.

Deonte Thompson is fast but he didn't track the ball well downfield when he was here last time.

He flat-out dropped some well thrown deep balls in the 2015 preseason.

But he was open and Taylor was putting it right on his hands at least.........that's not enough, he has to catch the football.......... but it's more than the zero help they were getting from Clay on the outside I guess.

that will never happen, he's dumb as ****

I thought Gungy had 5 stars when masked?

I liked him in his first run with us. I watching him with the Bears a couple times this year and it made me wish we still had him. Now we do, cool.

Spoke to a coworker who is a Bears fan. He said he was his favorite WR. He said he seemed to get the dropsies which corresponded to new QB - protest maybe? :w00t:

Got to be a running back on the way ,along with a CB ,they don't want to play Taiwan jones in the backfield so we are left with McCoy and Tolbert very thin only 4 CB also may be thinking joe webb at third down TE

RB goes on p.s.

CB needed

One tackle has to go

Possibly one guard

Don't think banyard eligible for ps

Anyone have an idea for a RB and cb

Ive seen several places where Streeter isnt eligible to come back based on how we released him after injury. I like Garcon too but not at that price. Thomson is solid. Would love to bring in Barnidge. Not sure what he can be asking for. Chargers have a lot of WRs with rookie Williams coming back would like to shake their 4th guy off the tree for a 5th or 6th next year.

He played a year or two with Tyrod- I bet a lot as they were both down the depth chart

i think that makes a difference if they at all want a guy to contribute anything this year at the WR position. As has been said multiple times it is very difficult to bring in a WR who has never caught a pass from TT and has to learn the offense from scratch in week 7. DT had played with Tyrod quite a bit and dennison familiar with him as well from being Ravens QB coach. He will need to learn the offense but does have the Denison connection. Edited by YoloinOhio

Dude were 3-2 had some injuries and trying to get better . Go route for someone else.

Weve had poor play on offense, hopefully this guy helps out. Its still comical he leads our WRs in receptions.

Edited by BananaB

i think that makes a difference if they at all want a guy to contribute anything this year at the WR position. As has been said multiple times it is very difficult to bring in a WR who has never caught a pass from TT and has to learn the offense from scratch in week 7. DT had played with Tyrod quite a bit and dennison familiar with him as well from being Ravens QB coach. He will need to learn the offense but does have the Denison connection.

I think you called this as well after he was cut by the bears. Based on need and background I think this signing was the best move they could have made at this juncture.

I was actually really impressed with his preseason when he was last in b-lo. Expected him to make the squad then.

Deonte Thompson is fast but he didn't track the ball well downfield when he was here last time.

He flat-out dropped some well thrown deep balls in the 2015 preseason.

But he was open and Taylor was putting it right on his hands at least.........that's not enough, he has to catch the football.......... but it's more than the zero help they were getting from Clay on the outside I guess.

Catching it is clearly ideal, but even those drops might be enough to open up the run a bit, as it would likely scare the Defense into backing off a bit regardless