Bills have signed WR Deonte Thompson; cut Joe Banyard

YoloinOhio

Ive seen several places where Streeter isnt eligible to come back based on how we released him after injury. I like Garcon too but not at that price. Thomson is solid. Would love to bring in Barnidge. Not sure what he can be asking for. Chargers have a lot of WRs with rookie Williams coming back would like to shake their 4th guy off the tree for a 5th or 6th next year.

This is the rule on it.

Teams aren't able to re-sign waived/injured players until the injury settlement time period plus three additional weeks have passed.

Not sure what the "injury settlement time period" is.

That's true, but that's what Woods said.

All I really mean by it is he kinda is getting the number one role. At least target and yardage wise, so he is kind of getting what he wants. They distribute the ball around pretty well though.

Edited by Scott7975

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the rule on it.

Not sure what the "injury settlement time period" is.

All I really mean by it is he kinda is getting the number one role. At least target and yardage wise, so he is kind of getting what he wants. They distribute the ball around pretty well though.

Yeah, the lack of utilization of Watkins and the chemistry Woods has built with Goff is paying off.

They have a really versatile group of guys. Watkins can run every route, Austin has the speed role, and Woods and Kupp work the intermediate routes. Using them all and playing to their strengths has had a huge part in Goff's resurgence. Along with Gurley turning it on, that offense is dangerous.

And I like Goff, didn't write him off after year one. But an experienced, more proven vet QB on that offense might have it running away #1 in the NFL in points and yards. Imagine a guy like Rivers or Stafford throwing to those guys.

Edited by jmc12290

Watkins and Woods, Watkins and Woods, Watkins and Woods

​If not for one of Typical Taylor's worst (2) games the Bills could be 5-0 without Watkins and Woods.

4-2 and 3-2

IIRC Last season at this time the Bills were not even close to being in the hunt this early. 5th Seed because of the BYE, 2nd seed before the BYE.

Had they beat Cincy and the KC loss to Pit .... #1 would be what, at most 1/2 game away?

Yeah, the lack of utilization of Watkins and the chemistry Woods has built with Goff is paying off.

They have a really versatile group of guys. Watkins can run every route, Austin has the speed role, and Woods and Kupp work the intermediate routes. Using them all and playing to their strengths has had a huge part in Goff's resurgence. Along with Gurley turning it on, that offense is dangerous.

And I like Goff, didn't write him off after year one. But an experienced, more proven vet QB on that offense might have it running away #1 in the NFL in points and yards. Imagine a guy like Rivers or Stafford throwing to those guys.

I wrote Goff off after his abysmal season last year. I felt like EJ had a better rookie season. I was wrong and I think Goff is playing very well for a second year guy.

I don't really mind the Watkins trade but at the same time, this team could seriously use him this year. Our offense still wouldn't be a top offense, but I have to think it would be considerably better than the suck it has been and atleast split the two loses we had.

What if Deonte Thompson becomes the greatest WR to ever play the game?

Is this like last season when some people were convinced that Dez Lewis was a sleeper? :)

So you're saying there's a chance. Cut Andre Holmes before week 10 and replace him with Streater.

He would literally be the best WR on this team tomorrow even if he didnt care. Thats how bad we are at the position right now.

I think Garçon is better. But I would have had no issue with keeping Woods. I wasnt the trigger man in that decision.

your boy Kenny Britt is probably going to get cut from the most inept team in the sport. He got benched for missing curfew and then got booed by the home fans when he got hurt. He is so terrible at his routes and effort I think he's point shaving on the side. He could be all yours though - still in? I mean he would literally be the best WR on the team per you. Edited by YoloinOhio