Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Foxx

Mike McCarthy says Packers like who they have and aren't looking to sign anyone.

Provision in the CBA that says sufficient evidence of collusion will void the CBA completely . This will never happen. Also owners want a solution that will have the players stand for the anthem and " buy in". I say keep them inside, I don't want them out for the anthem anymore. Just my opinion.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire situation is just bizarre. He quit his contract voluntarily. He was not a good Qb. Even BEFORE his political "stance/knee" he looked like hot garbage. The summer before he left he had three surgeries and came back super thin. He lost his biggest upside as a QB - his size/speed ratio. Some attributed it to a vegan diet, regardless, it happened. I see him and RGIII in the same boat. Cleveland gave RGIII and chance and see where that got em.

Colin Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners for Collusion

to wit:

i don't think the guy can play to be honest.

are there other players who have less ability than him currently in the league, sure.

His problem is he is 30 years old, he isn't good, and it will be a circus wherever he goes. Owners don't want that. Especially when they can have a younger, cheaper and potentially better back-up QB

His problem is he is 30 years old, he isn't good, and it will be a circus wherever he goes. Owners don't want that. Especially when they can have a younger, cheaper and potentially better back-up QB

Yeah, besides him opting out on his own accord, if he were good he would have a job. Owners/coaches are fine with the BS if the player is any good at all.

If anyone needs confirmation of this, see Joe Mixon, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady (multiple cheater evidence destroyer), Mike Vick, Brandon Marshall, etc, etc....

He is putting on a clinic on how not to get a job. And he's brilliant at it.

This entire situation is just bizarre. He quit his contract voluntarily. He was not a good Qb. Even BEFORE his political "stance/knee" he looked like hot garbage. The summer before he left he had three surgeries and came back super thin. He lost his biggest upside as a QB - his size/speed ratio. Some attributed it to a vegan diet, regardless, it happened. I see him and RGIII in the same boat. Cleveland gave RGIII and chance and see where that got em.

you are simply wrong. Last year, in 11 starts, he threw for 16 TDs and only 4 ints. He ranked near the middle of the pack of NFL starters. So the narrative that Kaepernick sucks is a false one.

As he should.

He had a job. He quit. If he wants to blame someone for his employment situation, he need only look in the mirror.

End of story.

If he feels he's being wronged, then he should explore options within the collective bargaining agreement. It'll be investigated, and a decision will be made. Instead of being fully played out in the media.

Isn't that exactly what he's doing?

My point was/is, that this process is what he should be doing, because it's the official means, and I much prefer it to everyone constantly speculating about it. If he feels wronged, he has every right afforded by the cba to take this action, and we'll see where it goes. I have no real opinion on it outside of that, because I'm not privy to info happening behind the scenes. Only thing I know is that he's easily better than a fair number of starting QBs in week 6, and he's currently unemployed.

Yeah, besides him opting out on his own accord, if he were good he would have a job. Owners/coaches are fine with the BS if the player is any good at all.

If anyone needs confirmation of this, see Joe Mixon, Ray Lewis, Tom Brady (multiple cheater evidence destroyer), Mike Vick, Brandon Marshall, etc, etc....

Exactly. Zeke Elliott, Mike Vick in the past, Leveon bell. If you are good, owners will sign you

you are simply wrong. Last year, in 11 starts, he threw for 16 TDs and only 4 ints. He ranked near the middle of the pack of NFL starters. So the narrative that Kaepernick sucks is a false one.

He was in the bottom quarter of the league in most stats. Look it up.

Which is still better than most backups. Let's face it, he's unemployed because he's a self-absorbed pr!ck with a history of poor decisions.

I'll sit back and enjoy this cluster buck.

Colin, you are a racist clown and you don't belong anywhere near the PRIVILEGE of playing in the NFL.

But you can continue your crusade of this black victimization hoax. It's gotten you so far as you won't even get an NFL invite ever again.

Like what? Pro Football Reference ranked him 17th last year, ahead of Tyrod, Rivers, Eli, Flacco, and a lot of other currently fully employed QBs.

Wasn't that in the same system that saw Nick Foles throw 27 TDs to 2 INT?

So it didn't count?

He could be a serial child rapist, and some NFL team would try to hire him, if he was a fantastic QB.

Having said that, I do believe the teams are in fact colluding to a certain degree.

They may not have gotten together for a dark and sinister meeting at midnight, during a thunderstorm, and all agreed to not hire him, but conspiracies are not required where similar interests converge.

The owners have collectively decided they don't like this guy and don't need the BS associated with hiring him, so he is effectively black balled.

Should that be illegal? That is a more difficult question. Probably not actually.

A big part is that Kaep isn't very good....but he is more than good enough to have a job in the NFL as a backup QB.

Have a look around. Have you seen the horrific QBs this league employs year in and year out?!

It is so hard to find a decent QB, tons of really bad ones still find work.

EJ Manuel is employed. Says all you need to know about that.

Kaep's problem, in a nutshell, is he is a mediocre to below average QB, and a pain in the ass.

That equals unemployment for him, at least in the NFL.

Exactly. Zeke Elliott, Mike Vick in the past, Leveon bell. If you are good, owners will sign you

All that proves is that you're free to beat women, kill dogs and smoke dope...but try speaking out for racial justice and you're untouchable. Edited by mannc

Friendly reminder that Colin Kapernick opted out of his NFL contract. He literally would still have a job.

No he wouldn't. GM Lynch told him they were going to release him if he didn't opt out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/john-lynch-49ers-would-have-cut-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out/

The only person who seems to not know this is Kaep. And his girlfrie

The only person who seems to not know this is Kaep. And his girlfriend.

it's amazing how many people don't know the 9er's told him he was to be released if he didn't opt out.

Completely agree with this ^^^^ You cant argue that point.

yes you can. I just did and you are wrong.

I'll sit back and enjoy this cluster buck.

Colin, you are a racist clown and you don't belong anywhere near the PRIVILEGE of playing in the NFL.

But you can continue your crusade of this black victimization hoax. It's gotten you so far as you won't even get an NFL invite ever again.

it's a little off topic, but playing in the NFL is NOT a privilege. It's not like you are born into it. You work you butt off and you are one of the few people in the world skilled enough to play in this league. I understand the point being made, but I don't think people understand what the word 'privilege' means.

Edited by klos63

Given that the 49ers and supposedly another team offered him a minimum deal there is going to be a hard to prove there was a highly organized and prove-able effort by the NFL owners to keep him out of the league. In reality he might be correct but it is a very difficult thing to prove from a legal stand point.

Edited by billsfan89