Bring in Stevie Johnson

QB Bills

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...at times?...he waits all the time..it was blatantly evident in the Cinncy game. Good to great qbs have the ability to throw a man open. This requires trust in yourself. Tyrod does not have this quality. And he never will. Enjoy this last 2/3 of the season because TT will be gone along with Dareus, Glenn and probably Kyle retiring.

Going to be a lot more gone than them as well. With his age and increase of penalties I wouldn't be shocked if Cogs is gone this off-season as well. McCoy is likely done here too imo. Going to be a lot of fresh faces next season as well for sure.

Setting nostalgia aside, we are in terrible shape at receiver. The big knock on Tyrod is that he doesn't throw to a guy until he's open. I'm a pro-Tyrod guy, but even I see this at times.

Stevie had his faults too, but one thing he was great at was getting open. A burner would be nice, but I believe the passing philosophy of these coaches is predicated on quick throws instead of longer developing plays. I really think Stevie's skill set would mesh perfectly with Tyrod.

Not sure how healthy he is at this point. I know he was hinting at wanting to come back to Buffalo earlier this season so I'm sure he still wants to play. With what we'll be trotting out at receiver against Tampa in 11 days, we're not really giving Tyrod and the offense a chance.

I would work him out and see if he is in shape. Then if deciding to sign him would absolutely need a "groin injury clause". The annual injury he sustained when he was young and healthy.

Your asking a QB who they have had to limit the playbook and simplify the offense for with Accuracy and Height Issues to throw to a Old WR who makes up his own routes freewheeling like he's playing basketball?

But Taylor is at his best when scrambling outside the pocket and extending plays and hitting guys who are just improvising their routes. The old SJ would have been perfect for TT, not so sure 2017 SJ can still play.

We had people on here excited about the corpse of Anquan Boldin over the summer, yet Stevie Johnson is too old.

I'd give him a shot. Work him out, see if he's healthy. The playoffs are very much a realistic possiblity this season. The Bills aren't a perfect team by any means but luckily the afc looks really weak this season. Would hate to miss out because the front office didn't explore all options to upgrade their weakest position.

I think we need help at WR but IMO Stevie's not a good fit with Tyrod's style of play. I think Tyrod needs certainty about where a guy's gonna be - a more disciplined route runner in other words.

I disagree. I think he just needs to see a guy open. And for that matter, Stevie would always get where he needed to be. He just took unorthodox routes to get there.

Setting nostalgia aside, we are in terrible shape at receiver. The big knock on Tyrod is that he doesn't throw to a guy until he's open. I'm a pro-Tyrod guy, but even I see this at times.

Stevie had his faults too, but one thing he was great at was getting open. A burner would be nice, but I believe the passing philosophy of these coaches is predicated on quick throws instead of longer developing plays. I really think Stevie's skill set would mesh perfectly with Tyrod.

Not sure how healthy he is at this point. I know he was hinting at wanting to come back to Buffalo earlier this season so I'm sure he still wants to play. With what we'll be trotting out at receiver against Tampa in 11 days, we're not really giving Tyrod and the offense a chance.

YES :thumbsup:

It's just the Bye week and you guys are carrying on as thought it's pre-season! At least focus on someone who is actually worth a look.

And who is that? The FA WR cabinet is pretty much bare. TE? Barnridge? Gotta be a reason he's still out there with as many TE needy teams. He visited the Texans when they were basically starting the popcorn vendor and came away without a contract.