Charles Clay injury - knee scope, out multiple weeks

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not horrible in terms of seeing him play again this season

IR him with subject to return and sign Philly Brown back, As just noticed we have a 4th TE on the roster already in Khari Lee or maybe this is when we call Gary Barnidge back and see if he wants to play or not.

What sucks is it took Taylor almost 2 full years to actually trust him. Will he have the same trust upon Clays return? Hard to say if he willl find trust in another guy by the end of the season.

Edited by BananaB

I had a scope to fix a tear in my meniscus. It was trimmed. It was a simple proceedure and I was back running at the gym within 3 weeks or so. With Clay it just depends on where the tear is and how severe. Only a certain portion of the meniscus can be repaired, otherwise it nees to be trimmed.

IR him with subject to return and sign Philly Brown back, As just noticed we have a 4th TE on the roster already in Khari Lee or maybe this is when we call Gary Barnidge back and see if he wants to play or not.

This is a possibility, except that teams don't have to designate who they want to come off IR. They just have to wait the required number of weeks. I am not sure how long that is, but I'm guessing 8 weeks. That means the Bills would have Clay available for the last few weeks of the season.

Is it just me or did the hit on Clay look like a deliberate helmet to the knee. Also, 1-2 plays later, on a pass to, I believe, O'Leary it looked like there was another attempt to take the helmet to knee. Both plays seemed suspiciously deliberate... just me??

Defenders would liike to make tackles with their arms , but their fool head gets in the way sometimes,

kinda goes with the territory...

With the way defenders get flagged and fined for hitting high they probably feel its better for them to go low.

It was an unnecessary and dirty hit. Clay was clearly out of bounds or about to be out of bounds and there was no need whatsoever to take out his knee like that. A shove would have forced him out just as effectively. The Bengals and their fans are a low class operation.

Edited by mannc

If you can't hit them high, you have to hit them low. The funny thing is most players I've heard say they rather get hit in the head than the knees. It just looked unfortunate to me. As for "almost OB", that's still in bounds, so you hit it. Sorry. It's football.