Random Thoughts Thread

RaoulDuke79

When George Thorogood sings When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself, isnt that the whole premise of drinking alone?

Well, in George's defense, he's just trying to be very clear and precise here. He's not one for a lot of symbolism or subtlety. He wants the listener to make no mistake about the fact that when he's drinking, he literally does not want other individuals to be located in that immediate vicinity during the time that he continues to imbibe. It's as if to say, please don't interpret this as some existential statement about alienation or the disconnectedness of modern man. It's nothing like that--he's not interested in any crap like that. He just very simply does not want any mofos hanging around while he gets his swerve on.

Gool old George, king of the single entendre.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Well, in George's defense, he's just trying to be very clear and precise here. He's not one for a lot of symbolism or subtlety. He wants the listener to make no mistake about the fact that when he's drinking, he literally does not want other individuals to be located in that immediate vicinity during the time that he continues to imbibe. It's as if to say, please don't interpret this as some existential statement about alienation or the disconnectedness of modern man. It's nothing like that--he's not interested in any crap like that. He just very simply does not want any mofos hanging around while he gets his swerve on.

Gool old George, king of the single entendre.

Brilliant! LoL

And the shortest thesis and most concise ever done on alchoholism!

Your doctorate is in the mail!

If every meat eating family had to kill and butcher one animal in their lifetime, I wonder if that would 1) create more vegetarians and 2) cut down on food waste ???

Probably neither. My mother grew up in Cheektowaga and they ran a poultry business/farm. Back in that day, 40s & 50s... You picked your polutry out and they butchered it for you. The waste? That's what the barn cats were for.

I am guessing more waste. And... Don't underestimate hunger. Killing and butchering something is easy if you need too. Vegetarians are only created if they know they have an "out." If you're too busy about being hungry and have a ton of work in front of you, there is no time to over-think an issue.

People would be fine. It ain't rocket science. Now procuring it may be another issue, especially in a competitive and crowded world. Trial and error is a heck of a big teaching tool, especially when hungry.

We just hired a new special educator at one of my schools, and I'm fairly confident he is on the Autism Spectrum. Would a story like that make for a good TV series similar to the blind Doctor kid one?

my wife has been working with a kid who is spectrumy, (clinical term). at one point, he was loose in the school, so she went looking for him. apparently he was in the faculty bathroom, refusing to come out. she said she could hear him doing something involving water, but it was hard to tell. suddenly the door had opened up, and the kids sprints directly for my wife, with wads of toilet paper in his hands that he had dunked in the toilet. there's video of my wife being chased down a hallway buy an autistic kids carrying wet toilet paper. i would pay handsomely to get my hands on that.

my wife has been working with a kid who is spectrumy, (clinical term). at one point, he was loose in the school, so she went looking for him. apparently he was in the faculty bathroom, refusing to come out. she said she could hear him doing something involving water, but it was hard to tell. suddenly the door had opened up, and the kids sprints directly for my wife, with wads of toilet paper in his hands that he had dunked in the toilet. there's video of my wife being chased down a hallway buy an autistic kids carrying wet toilet paper. i would pay handsomely to get my hands on that.

Haha...I would have wrapped that little bugger up like a pretzel in a slick restraint. One of the perks of my job.

This is !@#$ing hilarious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.