Watkins admits he was selfish, upset after wins.

JM2009

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/06/bills-sammy-watkins-selfish-rams/

"Watkins went on to acknowledge that he was selfish during his time with the Bills as he was dealing with a foot injury and that it hurt relationships with his coaches and fellow teammates. He even went as far to say that at times, he cared more about his own individual production than the team winning games."

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he's admitting to being a lockerroom cancer which was some fans insisted wasn't the case.

Probably also another reason Beane and McD wanted him gone.

Doesn't seem as bad now, the trade, as it looked at first.

This is a bunch of BS.

Every player who has ever played the game wants to do well and have stats and help team win.

Yes they are happy when they win but they want to help the team win and are unhappy when they do not perform. Especially in pro sports where your performance dictates if you continue to get a paycheck. Most keep this quite and inside, but it is there.

This is a bunch of BS.

Every player who has ever played the game wants to do well and have stats and help team win.

Yes they are happy when they win but they want to help the team win and are unhappy when they do not perform. Especially in pro sports where your performance dictates if you continue to get a paycheck. Most keep this quite and inside, but it is there.

Did you not read the quote? He said he was more concerned with his performance than the team winning. That seems contradictory to what you are saying.

"Watkins went on to acknowledge that he was selfish during his time with the Bills as he was dealing with a foot injury and that it hurt relationships with his coaches and fellow teammates. He even went as far to say that at times, he cared more about his own individual production than the team winning games."

Sounds like a man that is a contract year. Once he gets paid he will go back to the same mentality that he had in Buffalo.

Haters be haters. When you got a talent like that, we should've used him more. I'm glad he spoke out, because we sure as heck didn't use him until he spoke up! If he didn't, we'd be using him less. Sometimes you have to speak out.

It was only after he spoke out TT began throwing to him, even when its 50/50 balls. And Sammy was going up and grabbing them. That's when their relationship turned out far more productive. I'm glad HE SPOKE UP.

Edited by CanadianFan

This is a bunch of BS.

Do you have a Marcel Darius jersey? This is a horrible take. As someone who participated in team sports for 40 years, I am hoping/glad that we never met.

Haters be haters. When you got a talent like that, we should've used him more. I'm glad he spoke out, because we sure as heck didn't use him until he spoke up! If he didn't, we'd be using him less. Sometimes you have to speak out.

It was only after he spoke out TT began throwing to him, even when its 50/50 balls. And Sammy was going up and grabbing them. That's when their relationship turned out far more productive. I'm glad HE SPOKE UP.

That's great, when he can stay on the field.

No this cant be true. I read so many posts saying otherwise.

He did in fact include that there were games where the team won, but his personal stats were bad and he was upset at that.

Maybe he turns it around. Maybe things work out. But I can see why McDermott thought there was little chance to sign him long term and not worth the money that requires.

For the record, I still wish that Tyrod had better passing options, but I don't hate that trade as much now.

You have terible takes no one is hating. He was more worries about his individual performance rather than the teams success. That is a cancer that cant be allowed to continue regardless of talent. Im glad his true colors have came out, otherwise posters would simply continue on with the narrative.

Ultimately folks like you will continue on even though out of his own mouth he stated he was more worried with individual performance vice the teams success. Which is terrible.

No this cant be true. I read so many posts saying otherwise.

His direct quote is even more damning.

“I felt like I was consumed, and I was angry,” Watkins said. “It was affecting my relationships with the coaches and with the players. I wanted to be great so bad, but I was also selfish, too. Because there were some games that we won and I didn’t get the ball, and I was upset.”

There is no 'I' in TEAM Sammy but in your case, you found the 'ME'.