TNF: Pats at Bucs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. His weapons are vastly overrated Mike Evans apart. And he was good second half. Not great, but good.

2. He more than gave his team a chance to win. The Cameron Brate drop was the #2 reason they lost.

3. I know. The whole 300 yard thing is entirely tiresome.

Doug Martin is a good back. Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver. Desean Jackson looked good tonight and was getting open. Winston had good protection too. He just missed them a bunch of times. One drop can't be the #2 reason they lost. That's 1 missed opportunity compared to Winston's numerous missed opportunities. An 86.7 passer rating is mediocre at best. On the year he's 10th in passer rating and that will drop after tonight.

All I'm saying is just a few years ago, they looked worst on that Monday night game vs KC than they looked tonight....and we all know how it turned out....NE has fooled everyone so many times...who knows, this could be the year and I hope so...but I need to see 4-5 more Ls to really get excited.....

I think hes referring to they have looked bad on the defensive side of the ball for 5 weeks In a row. Something weve never seen during their 20 years of dominance

I think hes referring to they have looked bad on the defensive side of the ball for 5 weeks In a row. Something weve never seen during their 20 years of dominance

Sorry, but they did not look bad tonight. They gave up 14 points on the road to a pretty good offense and never really let TB get going. Edited by mannc

Sorry, but they did not look bad tonight. They gave up 14 points on the road to a pretty good offense and never really let TB get going.

They didnt look good. Winston missed a ton of open guys with wild and inaccurate throws. Doug Martin was avg 5.7 YPC and if the Buccs had any semblemce of a kicker they couldve continued to run the ball.

Yep, Romo is outstanding

There's this joke circulating twitter that he'll be excellent during the regular season, but choke in the playoffs. He talks a tad too much, but actually learning something from a color commentator is a rarity after watching for all these years.

Well folks, Winston just threw for 334 yards. Anyone think he had a good game? He stunk.

I thought he was terrible. Just terrible in this game.

Easily could have been a loss tonight for NE, but Tampa couldn't get it done.

I look forward to kicking the Bucs' ass this year and the Patriots for that matter.

They haven't looked this beatable in a very long time (by the Bills that is).

Sorry, but they did not look bad tonight. They gave up 14 points on the road to a pretty good offense and never really let TB get going.

How about the fact that they could only score one TD against the 30th ranked defense? Jesus, Tampa let that one get away.

1. His weapons are vastly overrated Mike Evans apart. And he was good second half. Not great, but good.

2. He more than gave his team a chance to win. The Cameron Brate drop was the #2 reason they lost.

3. I know. The whole 300 yard thing is entirely tiresome.

I dunno man. Granted I only watched the first half - but Winston was unwatchable in the first half. Every time I watch Winston play he's lofting college-type passes into double coverage off of his back foot. Sure he's streaky and he'll put up yards and points against bad defenses, but when you watch him do you ever think, There's a guy who can take over a game? There's a guy who can will his team to a Super Bowl title? I sure don't. I just don't get the hype. Half of his game is just garbage.

New England’s D kept TB in the game. Dumb penalties and huge plays.

TB. kicker kept them out.

It's always interesting when people criticize a team of overpaying for a kicker because he's just a kicker like the criticism aimed at signing Hauschka for a 3 year 8.5 million dollar contract. We pry don't win in Atlanta without him nailing those 55 and 56 yarders.

I dunno man. Granted I only watched the first half - but Winston was unwatchable in the first half. Every time I watch Winston play he's lofting college-type passes into double coverage off of his back foot. Sure he's streaky and he'll put up yards and points against bad defenses, but when you watch him do you ever think, There's a guy who can take over a game? There's a guy who can will his team to a Super Bowl title? I sure don't. I just don't get the hype. Half of his game is just garbage.

His first half last night was terrible I absolutely agree with that. I think he still needs to be more consistent within games and across a season. There is a bit of early Matt Stafford in him in that he has never seen a throw he doesn't like. At the moment does he look like a Superbowl winning Quarterback? No, I agree he doesn't. I still think Tampa are a flawed team though. The pieces around him look better on paper than in reality and the coaching is crap.

Yup. They always came up with a clunker for a game or two. Never for five straight on both sides of the ball. If Bucs O is half way competent [0 for 7 3rd downs deep into 3Q] this is another Pats* loss

Winston was absolutely horrible last night. He was overthrowing and was so off target on so many open receivers, and that was with plenty of time to throw. Sure his kicker and the dropped passes weren't doing him any favors but he was flat out terrible and looked nothing like a franchise QB.

I know players shouldn't look to other teams for help against certain rivals but how sweet would it have been to go into the Cincy with a shot at going 2 games up heading into the bye?

Why can't we have nice things happen like that?

If Brate makes that simple catch rhey win. And I didn't think Jackson looked good. He has lost a step and is getting bullied getting off the line. OJ Howard has bust written all over him.

And you may be right, but honestly it takes 2-3 years for a TE to develop. Which is WHY I keep posting over and over again during Draft season when people say Draft a TE in the 1st round to AVOID Drafting a TE in the 1st Round no matter his perceived talent in college. Who was the last 1st Round TE that really accomplished a great deal???? And even more, who did well in their first year??

Tony Gonzalez.

Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, and all the others were Drafted in the 3rd to 4th round and they didn't emerge until their second and third years as great TEs.

Vernon Davis was taken 8th overall and was paltry in stats until Harbaugh went to San Fran and even then, he wasn't worth the 8th overall pick.

As for Gronk, who is a rare talent and even rarer ability to produce in large part because of Brady....he was Drafted in 2nd round. And HE'S the outlier....so again, you may be right and sorry about the tangent, but TEs just almost never produce in year one and the best ones are virtually always taken in the 3rd to 4th rounds.