If the bills lose this week, does your opinion change?

Steptide

If they lose.........it will get ugly in here........especially if the culprit is the passing game.

Big difference between 3-2 with 2 wins versus AFC opponents and 4-1 with 3.

During the drought the Bills are regularly better early in the season than their final records extrapolate to...........this is not a coincidence..........good teams get better as the season goes on and advantages gained thru new, unscouted offensive/defensive systems dissipate.

That said........a bad performance by the WR corps in a loss could alter the mindset regarding adding a playmaker to the WR corps........and that kind of acquisition could ultimately make them a more competitive team later in the season.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we lose this week then we're back to being the same old Bills to be honest. This is the first game since the Jets that we should win if we're a legitimate playoff team.

-------------

So let me get this straight? Same old Bills if we lose to quite possibly the best 1-3 team in their house, down our #1 WR, #2 CB, starting LB and our lights out safety is ailing on top of that.

I've seen enough from McD to still hold out hope if we lose tomorrow. Don't kid yourself if you think anyone saw what they've accomplished so far. Lack of quality depth along with injuries will be the speed bump this year. But I trust the process. Cincy's D is very good and we may not have enough O tomorrow. They'll do what every team has done so far. Take Shady away and have TT beat them. Gonna be a lot harder without Matthews and a struggling Jones. Their O has been a lot better since Lazor took over. Expect a close game and hopefully a Bills win.

It depends on how they lose, what they improve on, and, perhaps, what they lose. If they play a fine game, as does Cinci, why should my opinion change? Or if a blown call causes the loss, why should my opinion change? Of if weather becomes a major factor and they lose because of a fluke or wet ball fumble or drop, why should my opinion change? Etc. etc. etc.

I knew our secondary was our weakness, despite whatever the stats said in the first 4 weeks. That got exposed. I also knew we had some defensive speed issues. The Bengal's last run TD showed we lacked closing speed.

Today we found out if McDermott is a coach who also mastered the mental and emotional preparation of a team. We played somewhat flat today. So he isn't.

My opinion hasnt changed. I knew going in this would be a tough game despite Cinci's record. We went in hobbled, lost another key player on offense, and Tyrod played like crap today. On to the bye week. I hate bye week even though the team needs it.

I do have a sense of humor GOAT
Raiders are starting EJM today i think.

Yes they are.

I knew our secondary was our weakness, despite whatever the stats said in the first 4 weeks. That got exposed. I also knew we had some defensive speed issues. The Bengal's last run TD showed we lacked closing speed.

Today we found out if McDermott is a coach who also mastered the mental and emotional preparation of a team. We played somewhat flat today. So he isn't.

This is completely wrong.

The DBs are solid, but they had to start a rookie former PSer. They committed to making the Bengals offense one dimensional, which meant that Green would get his opportunities. Still, the secondary came up with sime big plays...which leads me to my next point.

The offense couldn't capitalize. After Clay went down in the 1st, they had no playmakers on offense besides Shady. Terrible run blocking limited his opportunities and the Bengals contained well on the outside. Tyrod left more than a few passes on the field, which would have made a huge difference. Easy completions that weren't converted simply because he misdiagnosed the coverage or wasn't confident in his passing ability. Maybe the slippery conditions had something to do with that, but I think it was just mental mistakes.

The team absolutely did not play flat. If they did, the score would've been like 35-10. In actuality, we saw the same vulnerabilities we already knew were present in the offense. Blocking. QB errors. Weak WR group.

This loss isn't due to any lack of emotional/mental readiness. Just talent.

This is completely wrong.

The DBs are solid, but they had to start a rookie former PSer. They committed to making the Bengals offense one dimensional, which meant that Green would get his opportunities. Still, the secondary came up with sime big plays...which leads me to my next point.

The offense couldn't capitalize. After Clay went down in the 1st, they had no playmakers on offense besides Shady. Terrible run blocking limited his opportunities and the Bengals contained well on the outside. Tyrod left more than a few passes on the field, which would have made a huge difference. Easy completions that weren't converted simply because he misdiagnosed the coverage or wasn't confident in his passing ability. Maybe the slippery conditions had something to do with that, but I think it was just mental mistakes.

The team absolutely did not play flat. If they did, the score would've been like 35-10. In actuality, we saw the same vulnerabilities we already knew were present in the offense. Blocking. QB errors. Weak WR group.

This loss isn't due to any lack of emotional/mental readiness. Just talent.

for today? i agree. but the O Coach could have worked a little harder.

Did we all notice Ducasse started next to Mills BTW? And the Rookie Dawkins is LT still?

tough day for sure.

for today? i agree. but the O Coach could have worked a little harder.

Did we all notice Ducasse started next to Mills BTW? And the Rookie Dawkins is LT still?

tough day for sure.

I'm probably in the minority who think the play-calling was fine, considering the plays that weren't made. The opportunities were there and Tyrod should be getting rid of the ball on time.