McD: Dareus in competition with Thornton for starting role

YoloinOhio

Give him some more time, we are paying out the A$$ either way we look at it. As Wayne said just let him be a backup if needed this year. I honestly have a feeling if he was benched a game or 2 it might spark the fire in his head.. I'm pretty sure he has never been a back up player.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give him some more time, we are paying out the A$$ either way we look at it. As Wayne said just let him be a backup if needed this year. I honestly have a feeling if he was benched a game or 2 it might spark the fire in his head.. I'm pretty sure he has never been a back up player.

See my post above. Don't automatically assume he likes playing NFL football at this point in his life.

See my post above. Don't automatically assume he likes playing NFL football at this point in his life.

I read your post and thought to myself, I don't like working at my job either! I bet 90% of adults would rather sit on their a$$ than have to get up and go to work every day... but your point is well-taken.

That thought came to my mind when I first heard read this thread title.

I thought the same thing - not only his exhaustion with personally trying to motivate Dareus, but you know he must feel constant pressure from coaches/teammates to be the guy to get through to him

Theres not a team in the world that will trade for that contract. Were probably going to cut him after the season over.

The Bills would have to pay someone to take him, like the Texans did with Osweiler. It's just not worth it.

I thought the same thing - not only his exhaustion with personally trying to motivate Dareus, but you know he must feel constant pressure from coaches/teammates to be the guy to get through to him

I think McDermott and Frazier understand enough that some people won't drink the water even if you constantly lead them to it.

I think it probably pisses Kyle off though because he knows the talent is there.

We all know this was a horrible deal by Whaley, but I'll go as far as to say it's quite possible the worst deal this franchise ever made. I mean can anybody think of a worse one given the circumstances?

Yes. Drafting Dareus in the first place, with AJ Green and Julio Jones (among others) still on the board.

Heard them talking yesterday on ESPN about NE's troubles on defense and maybe they need to think about trading Jimmy Garoppolo

would you trade him for Darius straight up? Assuming he agreed to an extension prior to making the deal.

NE is maybe the one place that wouldn't be scared off by his salary and also the one place that may be able to straighten him out. I'm sure Gilmore could help him adapt! :lol:

LOL - Bill Bellicheat could not possibly be stupid enough to take another overpriced bad attitude off OBD's hands, but wow that would be hilarious.