Lets say McCoy gets hurt..

JPicc2114

Who is the Bills best option if McCoy goes down? I don't see Tolbert as an every down back at all. The Bills are 1 play away from having the worst offense in the league IMO.

What if Charles Clay gets hurt?

What if Micah Hyde gets hurt??

Whay if Jerry Hughes gets hurt???

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Banyard even dressed this season? Does he play on special teams? I am surprised the Bills havent used him at all. I dont mind Tolbert coming and gaining yards but he isnt a threat to score unless it is inside the 5. I would like to see Banyard get some touches in releif of McCoy.

This thought experiment could be played out for virtually every team in the NFL.

What if our best player gets hurt? What happens then?

What happens if the Falcons lose Julio Jones, the Bengals lose AJ Green, the Pats lose Gronk, the Raiders lose Cooper, the Texans lose Hopkins, etc. etc.

The answer is, it would be bad.

In the Bills case, we had a great backup RB last year in Gillislee, and when McCoy went out (Miami, NE) it was bad.

If it happened this year, they would activate Banyard, maybe pick up a guy off the street, and hope the injury is short term.

what exactly does the op want here? he asked a question, he was given the most reasonable answer possible, and he said it wasn't good enough for him. where else does this thread go? what are his suggestions?

This thought experiment could be played out for virtually every team in the NFL.

What if our best player gets hurt? What happens then?

What happens if the Falcons lose Julio Jones, the Bengals lose AJ Green, the Pats lose Gronk, the Raiders lose Cooper, the Texans lose Hopkins, etc. etc.

The answer is, it would be bad.

In the Bills case, we had a great backup RB last year in Gillislee, and when McCoy went out (Miami, NE) it was bad.

If it happened this year, they would activate Banyard, maybe pick up a guy off the street, and hope the injury is short term.

this is it. i have no idea why this has to be hard.

Why are you the way that you are?

Because then it happens and fans like you start freaking out

I guess people don't believe in worst case scenario planning. They just wait for stuff to happen then wonder why nothing was done as a backup plan. I'm saying the Bills offense is F'd if McCoy goes down. That's my observation. Especially with the lack of WR talent on the roster

Edited by Mr. Negative

First of all, I trust that McDermott has made the right decision with his selection of backups to McCoy. McD/Beane have been very successful thus far in judging talent. Going into this season, everyone was thinking how bad our secondary was going to be. In 4 games so far, I have been pretty impressed.

If McCoy were to go down and the Bills were truly desperate for a running back (which I don't think they are) - give Ray Rice a call. He has been clamoring to get back for years. He is only 30 and hasn't played in 4 years (so he as a lot of gas in the tank). The guy is a 3 time pro-bowler, who if was ever given the chance to get back in the game would work his tail off. Guy made one dumb mistake in his life and has done his time. Even his wife has forgiven him.

Edited by Coach55

Because then it happens and fans like you start freaking out

I guess people don't believe in worst case scenario planning. They just wait for stuff to happen then wonder why nothing was done as a backup plan. I'm saying the Bills offense is F'd if McCoy goes down. That's my observation. Especially with the lack of WR talent on the roster

we all know that's the case. it's not just your observation. what do you think is the best approach?

I really want to see Banyard get an opportunity. I think he's capable. I also want to see Jack Nicklaus' grandson get more targets in the passing game.

i completely agree. i'm always a bit annoyed when i see him on the inactive list before games. i just can't stomach tolbert as the absolute number 2.

Well what happens if he slips on a mat or something?

We are a run first offense. McCoy is (still) an electric runner and a gamechanger. Is this even up to debate?

You are living in the past. Roman and his flunkie are gone. We have Rico now and he is not exactly known for his running offenses. He is west coast, not run first. Additionally I would say our offense is flowing through Taylor and Clay so far this season. Are we watching the same games?