I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

I thought he was very good last week and solid yesterday. The TD throw to Matthews was a beauty, as was the long throw to Charles Clay earlier that drive, but his best play of the game was the 3rd down to Andre Holmes just before the goal line series where we ended up with the field goal. Why? Because that play in itself encapsulated some progress. It took a few seconds to develop I think Holmes was his 3rd read (but I will have to watch back to check) AND Tyrod did not bail the pocket to run. He almost did... you can see his feet start to get angsty and he fights against all his own instincts, you can literally see the man fighting himself to stay in the pocket step up and make a throw. Last year Tyrod takes off there and probably comes down just short of the sticks. The extra time taken to run the next series of 3 plays might have been critical by the end. That is progress and very pleasing to see.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so we still have one hater.

Me? I'm not hating. He played well enough to win. But it's absolutely bizarre that there is a thread praising him. If Atlanta puts up their normal 30 points a game, if we don't get a defensive TD, if Haushka can't hit 55+ yard fg's then we lose. Luckily things went our way

Buffalo Wins because of : The Buffalo Defense. The Buffalo Defensive Backs! Hauschka! Clay. McCoy not having a horrible game. TT not making mistakes and being a decent game manager. Buffalo’s only reliable WR makes a TD catch before suffering a serious injury. The Buffalo offense not getting in the way of the Buffalo Defense’s win.

Edited by simpleman

Tyrod is a better weapon running than throwing. He's still not going to win games with his arm. That's the only point I'm making. He played well enough to win but it hardly deserves its own thread about how great he is. He did what they asked of him and thank God we have a great defense and Stephen haushka.

Who the hell are you to determine what deserves its own thread?

Oh yeah, the you're the TARGET of this lure thread.

nevermind. Carry on.

where are the Taylor haters? still here, not trying to rain on peoples happiness in a win over a legit team.

Seeing as u opened the door, keep in mind, that Taylor had a massive amount of help yesterday from parts of the team that will most likely not be there every game. sooner or later we're going to need Taylor to win a game with his arm, and we'll see what happens, hope it isnt the same old Taylor.

He did good enough to win yesterday. He didnt do well enough to change anybodies mind about whether or not hes a legit franchise guy.

Go Bills! and i hope Tyrod continues to progress. He seems to have finally discovered a TE who was open all last season!

This win, while much fun, couldnt have played out for the Bills much better. Starting WRs out, questionable calls by refs on important plays. its a win, but not a slam dunk.

Edited by bigduke6

Perfect QB for our defense. I believe that people underestimate the value of not turning the ball over. Not many offenses will be able to go on long scoring drives against our D more than once or twice a game. Atlanta has a top 2 or 3 offense in football and couldn't. Punting isn't always a bad thing.

I disagree. The margin of error is so small with a QB as limited as Tyrod. The Falcons were -3 in turnovers and were still just 10 yards away from winning the game because they have an amazing QB.

I disagree. The margin of error is so small with a QB as limited as Tyrod. The Falcons were -3 in turnovers and were still just 10 yards away from winning the game because they have an amazing QB.

Yup. It's amazing how crappy Ryan becomes when you punch him in the face.

I'm not a Taylor hater. Far from it. What I have said in the past I will with confidence say it in the present: He is a bridge qb, and nothing more. If this team has an opportunity to draft a franchise qb who can play the position in a more well rounded manner and it let's that opportunity pass (again) it will be a horrible mistake.

The coaches are doing a good job in working around his limitations. And Taylor is doing a good job of staying within that crimped style of play. If you have higher aspirations than being a fringe playoff team then it's simply not good enough.

Stop. Tyrod does not call the plays and he does not decide to kick 18-yard FGs instead of scoring touchdowns. Tyrod averaged over 9 yards per pass attempt yesterday, with zero turnovers. He clearly outplayed Matt Ryan in his own house, with a crew of WRs that no QB would envy. You need to give your "he's a bridge QB, we need to draft a franchise QB" shtick a rest or you're going to be eating even more crow in the future.

where are the Taylor haters? still here, not trying to rain on peoples happiness in a win over a legit team. keep in mind, that Taylor had a massive amount of help yesterday from parts of the team that will most likely not be there every game. sooner or later we're going to need Taylor to win a game with his arm, and we'll see what happens, hope it isnt the same old Taylor.

Yes, Zey Jones was a massive help. Without his 'contributions', 4 other drives would have continued.

I hope you're right; Zey will "most likely not be there every game".

Yes, Zey Jones was a massive help. Without his 'contributions', 4 other drives would have continued.

I hope you're right; Zey will "most likely not be there every game".

not sure u watched the game

what about Taylors best throw, the deep pass, how many of those sailed out of bounds?

but ya, Zey dropped one......

Two things -

TT is the same as he always is, but is learning to use the middle of the field. He now has a defense and a kicker supporting him. This team probably makes the playoffs with this scheme the past two years. I like TT, but lets not pretend he made this giant leap forward. Hes played well before. Hes not Elite and thats partially on him and partially on scheme.

2nd, we are all Bills fans and want to win. Those who go after TT just want to win and look at Bradys who win with crap talent around him. Some people want the HOF QB solution, some want the complete team option. Both work, but the QB is quicker.

With that, find one of the million other TT threads about this is start something creative or that contributes. This is just a negative thread masked in positive intent

I am not a Tyrod hater.... I just think he is what he is average

he is doing good and I am happy that the bills are winning but I still think we need more from the qb position than what he is capable of

Two things -

TT is the same as he always is, but is learning to use the middle of the field. He now has a defense and a kicker supporting him. This team probably makes the playoffs with this scheme the past two years. I like TT, but lets not pretend he made this giant leap forward. Hes played well before. Hes not Elite and thats partially on him and partially on scheme.

2nd, we are all Bills fans and want to win. Those who go after TT just want to win and look at Bradys who win with crap talent around him. Some people want the HOF QB solution, some want the complete team option. Both work, but the QB is quicker.

With that, find one of the million other TT threads about this is start something creative or that contributes. This is just a negative thread masked in positive intent

good post!!! spot on

Edited by billz4life820