Ejections and suspensions

Dragonborn10

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't watching the game, just saw the horrifying slo-mo of it on Twitter. Holy sh**, how was that not a penalty?

Somebody with better link-fu than me can probably embed the tweet: https://twitter.com/nickveronica/status/913606481924231168

Edit: Not to belabor the awfulness of that video clip, but if you watch close, it looks like a tooth goes flying along with the mouth guard.

Edited by jimmy10

Wasn't watching the game, just saw the horrifying slo-mo of it on Twitter. Holy sh**, how was that not a penalty?

Somebody with better link-fu than me can probably embed the tweet: https://twitter.com/nickveronica/status/913606481924231168

Edit: Not to belabor the awfulness of that video clip, but if you watch close, it looks like a tooth goes flying along with the mouth guard.

Your link wont load, i keep getting an error message

I didnt see the game, if anyone has another link of the play, please post it! Please & thank you!!!

*** EDIT the video finally worked, and yea i def seen that and it does look like a tooth! Ouch

Edited by PRBills

Just watched video at youtube.

One of the more violent hits I've ever seen on a football field.

If you want to get rid of that stuff, take off their helmets.

That hit doesn't happen if Trevathan has no helmet on.

Rugby is a tough, violent sport too, but players don't launch themselves like that b/c if they did, they would hurt themselves as much as the target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsjVL1Eyx8

Just watched video at youtube.

One of the more violent hits I've ever seen on a football field.

If you want to get rid of that stuff, take off their helmets.

That hit doesn't happen if Trevathan has no helmet on.

Rugby is a tough, violent sport too, but players don't launch themselves like that b/c if they did, they would hurt themselves as much as the target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsjVL1Eyx8

To some that might sound nuts, but you are right. I played both and the tackles I had in each were immensely different. The helmet gives a confidence level that makes things like that occur. The game would change to a high degree, but if the owners and fans really care about player safety, it would be supported and we would grow accustomed to the changes.

It was a penalty. But as the media has pointed out, 15 yards is what Von Miller got for pulling his hand back from Tyrod Taylor.

That should have been an ejection and it should be a suspension.

It was a penalty. But as the media has pointed out, 15 yards is what Von Miller got for pulling his hand back from Tyrod Taylor.

I get the feeling a suspension will be coming from the league.

ouch. Hard to watch.

Guy needs to sit down a couple games.

My take? You hit a guy like that, and you have to sit out every game until the player you hit can come back and play.

You make a hit like that and take a guy out for the season? You sit out the season too. Unpaid.

Crap will stop real quick.

I didn't see the game live. The youtube link above has been taken down, but I could see the twitter one. The hit is absolutely brutal no doubt.

I'm not saying this is the case here but many times I get frustrated when a player gets an unnecessary roughness penalty for a hit to the head but the player who is hit has started falling down. The tackler would have a normal hit in the body but due to the player falling he ends up with a high hit.

Again, not saying this is the case here. This game moves so fast sometimes I think high hits are accidental, other times they are blatantly wrong.

I didn't see the game live. The youtube link above has been taken down, but I could see the twitter one. The hit is absolutely brutal no doubt.

I'm not saying this is the case here but many times I get frustrated when a player gets an unnecessary roughness penalty for a hit to the head but the player who is hit has started falling down. The tackler would have a normal hit in the body but due to the player falling he ends up with a high hit.

Again, not saying this is the case here. This game moves so fast sometimes I think high hits are accidental, other times they are blatantly wrong.

That's in large part why I'd rather not have refs make the call on the field. Even a review from league office before ejecting would make me more comfortable. There's lines between accidental, intentional and just reckless. The latter two deserve harsh punishment

I think the referees need to be suspended for a couple weeks. How on earth was that not an immediate ejection? Not like they didn't see it.,. Edited by mannc