Ejections and suspensions

Dragonborn10

That was terrible...I literally thought he was dead from that hit...

How he didn't get an automatic ejection for that I have no idea.

That was one of the most blatant cheap shots I've ever seen. I thought all his teeth came flying out of his mouth. I'm still pissed over the Landry hit that ended Aaron's career. Use the college rule and start ejecting these guys.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes this hit all the more dirty was that it was unnecessary to hit the player that hard because he was already in the process of being tackled. He was largely defenseless and couldn't brace himself for impact. Trevathan didn't have to do that an led with his head. I think he should definitely be suspended and fined!

that was the first time I recall seeing a hit and immediately thinking that the players life might be over.

what they are hearing now is that if your child starts football before the age of 12, they will have a much higher risk of brain damage than if the start later. Either way, the risk is there. What would you prefer to hear?

I prefer to hear people be told they can do what they want

And good thing I started football at the age of 13. I'm prefectly okay and samrt. There is not nothing worng with me.

I prefer to hear people be told they can do what they want

And good thing I started football at the age of 13. I'm prefectly okay and samrt. There is not nothing worng with me.

they can still play football if they want, who's stopping them?

After listening to his after the game comments about the hit, I don't see him being suspended. Maybe a fine, but even then I'm not so sure. I can see where he was trying to make a play, and he does sound genuinely concerned for Adams. Based solely on the short clip that I saw, I can't say for certain it was intentional that he lead with his helmet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000853247/article/davante-adams-hospitalized-after-hit-by-trevathan

I don't GAF if it was intentional or not. You lead with your helmet and hit the guy's head, you're out.

It was a brutal hit due to the circumstances, but I don't believe he was intentionally trying to hurt him. It was just kind of a worse case scenario type of thing. Still, I don't have a problem with a one game suspension just to illustrate to the players that they need to actively avoid similar hits.

It was a brutal hit due to the circumstances, but I don't believe he was intentionally trying to hurt him. It was just kind of a worse case scenario type of thing. Still, I don't have a problem with a one game suspension just to illustrate to the players that they need to actively avoid similar hits.

it may not have been 'intentional' as if , I want to go out and hurt him, but it was reckless, unnecessary and very dangerous. That warrants a suspension in my opinion, intent isn't a critical component.

people wanting to change the game to sarcastaball

so you're just making stuff up to argue?

it may not have been 'intentional' as if , I want to go out and hurt him, but it was reckless, unnecessary and very dangerous. That warrants a suspension in my opinion, intent isn't a critical component.

so you're just making stuff up to argue?

negative. Clearly youre lost here.

You and others suggested the game be changed to remove pads - that's making stuff up.

I merely responded that it will never happen and when asked about my displeasure on the idea I said I dislike people trying to change the game

How can you be in this conversation and not keep up? Yikes.

negative. Clearly youre lost here.

You and others suggested the game be changed to remove pads - that's making stuff up.

I merely responded that it will never happen and when asked about my displeasure on the idea I said I dislike people trying to change the game

How can you be in this conversation and not keep up? Yikes.

I never suggested removing pads, I mentioned that Chuck Knox brought this up years ago. Then we discussed children playing football, again, I did not suggest removing equipment. I think the problem is having multiple conversations at once, and you clearly got confused. It's ok, it happens, you just don't need to be a dick about it.

No, he's a scumbag.

Link?

It was a bad hit and a bad look. If he pulled a knife on the dude, then he's a scumbag. Just a bad hit that now has repercussions. And of course he's appealing. That doesn't make him a scumbag, that makes him part of a union exercising his rights.

It is the only way to stop the carnage. #59 may have just killed a player on the field. Targeting. Spearing. He used the helmet as a weapon.

When the game of football has half the viewership as it does now 10 years from now, they may look back at this play.

The game will have to be changed based upon neurological studies, not based on one hit in a game. There have been plenty of examples of the dangers- and why isn't Landry's hit on Aaron Williams any less dangerous???

Link?

It was a bad hit and a bad look. If he pulled a knife on the dude, then he's a scumbag. Just a bad hit that now has repercussions. And of course he's appealing. That doesn't make him a scumbag, that makes him part of a union exercising his rights.

Relax, it was just a wordplay on the other meaning of appealing.