Tre White named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month

CWink07

Was thinking about this award last Sunday watching the game, saying to myself that he's playing better than any defensive rookie I've seen so far, but that he'd get passed over because he doesn't have "stats".

Love listening to this kid. Just a class act that seems to be a great person in general. Really hope he keeps this up and is a Bill for life.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott has been on a tear with the decisions he's been involved with! Poyer, Hyde, Tre, Gaines, Matthews and all those draft picks for 2018.

Who in their right mind could not be on board with this? :thumbsup:

Agreed!

Ive said more than once on these boards how encouraging it is that so many of the players the new regime brought in are having such an impact. It gives me a lot of hope for this team's future.

It is refreshing to see. He interviews well and just seems like an overall solid young man. I always get nervous when I hear/read about coaches wanted "characters guys but Tre nails it

I recall something about his number at LSU being reserved for only the best and most solid leaders on the team or something? Good character + Baller is a really nice combination.

@PFF

Who has the best chance to catch Kareem Hunt in the race for rookie of the year?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-3-3

1703-ROY-768x432.jpg

3. Tre’Davious White, CB, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 84.1

Elite Stat: Opposing quarterbacks have a 53.9 passer rating when targeting White’s receiver in coverage, the 16th-lowest among 107 qualified cornerbacks.

Three weeks into the season and White has shown tremendous all-around play. His 83.8 coverage grade ranks ninth among cornerbacks and his 74.7 run defense grade ranks 30th, making him just one of four cornerbacks to rank within the top 10 in terms of coverage grade and in the top 30 in terms of run defense grade. White is one of 25 cornerbacks to have recorded multiple run stops so far this season and he leads all cornerbacks with a 33.3 percent playmaker index (interceptions plus pass breakups, divided by targets into his coverage).

I think the biggest thing about this that people are forgetting is that we traded BACK, picked up an additional first rounder, and still got this kid who's already contributing big time, and still has a huge upside!

Nobody is forgetting that, it's been mentioned multiple times in this thread.