I'm not sure why, but next week's game has the feel of...

Rubes

This game is going to be very interesting to watch.

Can Tyrod string together 2 good games in a row? Can the D continue outstanding play and limit one of the most potent offenses in the league on their field?

If we lose a close one with relatively few points given up and give Atlanta a good fight, the remaining schedule is going to look much easier than first anticipated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...this one from 4 years ago:

Bills vs. Saints 2013

Obviously we're a different team now, but I think even though we were 3-4 entering that game on the road against a 5-1 opponent, there was still some sense that maybe we could hang with them and somehow pull it out. We did hang with them in the first half, but got spanked in the second half.

Still suffering from BBFS. I hate getting my hopes up for games like this.

I have a similar feeling. I'm expecting it to be a close game, but could get out of hand if they let it slip with penalties. I'll be back in Utah this week. One day we should grab a beer and watch the game. 👍🏿

I never thought that the Bills would win that game. Thad Lewis at QB? Then didn't he end up playing out the game with cracked ribs?

That said I don't have hope they will beat Atlanta this week either even with their starting QB. So I guess it does have the same feeling for me as that one!

I dont even remember Thad Lewis. Last 17 years have become a blur.

I dont even remember Thad Lewis. Last 17 years have become a blur.

be thankful you don't remember that sequence. EJ got hurt on TNF and Jeff Tuel was the only other active QB for that game in Cleveland so he finished it (poorly). Then the next game was home vs Cincy and they brought up Thad from the PS to start the game. He did ok but they lost. Then he started in NO and same thing. Defense also wasn't great in either game. But Thad broke his ribs and so Tuel had to start vs KC and that was the 100 yard pick 6. Good lord, 2013 was gross. Edited by YoloinOhio

I have a similar feeling. I'm expecting it to be a close game, but could get out of hand if they let it slip with penalties. I'll be back in Utah this week. One day we should grab a beer and watch the game.

Bad idea, I watched a game with Rubes once in Salt Lake, barely escaped with my life! :lol:

Damn, we getting old Rubes, I think that was in 2004! When I had just turned 21!

Thad from the PS to start the game. He did ok but they lost.

He put up 14 in the last 5 minutes, then we lost it on, wait for it, a special team play and a big punt return for Cinci in OT :doh:

Dont worry guys. If we lose we will go from this is a different team to this team is the same old team. Lets be honest for the most part this board in mentally ill.

Nah, just the Bills have been the model of inconsistency. That makes fans mercurial as to their thoughts on the team's prospects. It's the team, not the fans. If the Bills lose a close game, yet play well in most phases it will leave a good impression on most. Not a moral victory, but just a sign that the team has turned a corner with their road performance. If you can't play around .500 ball on the road , you aren't going to make the playoffs. ATL and the Pats are the toughest outs on the schedule.

Bad idea, I watched a game with Rubes once in Salt Lake, barely escaped with my life! :lol:

Damn, we getting old Rubes, I think that was in 2004! When I had just turned 21!

He put up 14 in the last 5 minutes, then we lost it on, wait for it, a special team play and a big punt return for Cinci in OT :doh:

yep and that was the game Gilmore had the club on his arm

Nah, just the Bills have been the model of inconsistency. That makes fans mercurial as to their thoughts on the team's prospects. It's the team, not the fans. If the Bills lose a close game, yet play well in most phases it will leave a good impression on most. Not a moral victory, but just a sign that the team has turned a corner with their road performance. If you can't play around .500 ball on the road , you aren't going to make the playoffs. ATL and the Pats are the toughest outs on the schedule.

Well maybe this will be the year they break that trend.

Keep in mind that this coaching staff has shown the ability to actually make adjustments at halftime - It's been what, 18-20 years, since we last saw a coach who would do that?

This needs to be said again and again.

One of the significant tangible differences this season.

The other not to be shortchanged? Is the not give up mentality. Especially the Defense.

These were on my wish list. Not wins.

Our Defense is about to be tested against one of the best passing games in the league.

let us pray..

Go Bills !

amen

Compete. Let them know we came to play - and win - regardless of outcome.

Yep ! each week.

and if Bills do that. The chances increase exponentially Bills do win.