I'm not sure why, but next week's game has the feel of...

Rubes

The Bills can win this game on the road, but have to do two things. 1 - They must win the turnover battle. Denver did better than us in the running game, passing game, and special teams. The only reason the Bills won is because they were +2 in turnovers. Based on the history of the NFL, a +2 turnover margin means you win the game about 95% of the time. Most people would probably believe that I would have as my #2 that we must run the football. I do not. #2 for me is actually that they have to get pressure on Matt Ryan. Detroit was actually +3 in turnovers this past Sunday and they still lost. They barely touched Matt Ryan and he passed for almost 300 yards. He did whatever he wanted to. I don't think that Buffalo or Atlanta has much success on the ground, at least as it pertains to the running backs. Both teams have good defenses against the run. I think that the team that gets after the others quarterback better is the team that causes the other team to make mistakes and wins.

The Bills also won the red zone battle as well. This could also be key.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to be said again and again.

One of the significant tangible differences this season.

The other not to be shortchanged? Is the not give up mentality. Especially the Defense.

These were on my wish list. Not wins.

Our Defense is about to be tested against one of the best passing games in the league.

let us pray..

Go Bills !

amen

Can you repeat that one more time?

thanks

I have a similar feeling. I'm expecting it to be a close game, but could get out of hand if they let it slip with penalties. I'll be back in Utah this week. One day we should grab a beer and watch the game.

Sure thing...though I never did find a good home after Port O'Call was bulldozed.

Bad idea, I watched a game with Rubes once in Salt Lake, barely escaped with my life! :lol:

Damn, we getting old Rubes, I think that was in 2004! When I had just turned 21!

You and me both! Surprised we got out of there before the mob caught us. :pirate:

I can't believe that was 13 years ago. Holy ****! That place we watched the game is long gone now...bulldozed it so they could build a fugly federal court building. Sigh. I miss that place.

Not sure how the zone will hold up against Matt Ryan.... pass rush is key. This defense hasn't seen a QB like Ryan yet this year so it will be interesting to see.

Offense needs to get the ground game going, but not sure they will. No over the top threat has really killed their running attack.

Because they beat Denver at home?

I never was high on Denver. Average QB and Wade left. They'll be lucky to win 8 in that division.

Bills actually have a good opportunity to win some games this year. Assuming Miami is as bad as they looked on Sunday and the Jets still on the schedule.

Still, 6 to 7 wins seems about right. Not enough talent offensively thanks to a stupid trade, and lack of depth will eventually catch up with them.

Because this defense is beginning to look disciplined and capable of keeping them from being blown out. Because a suspect defensive backfield has been a pleasant surprise. Because the front 7 are keeping rushing numbers down. I'm not predicting a win in Atlanta, but I wouldn't be shocked.

The only reason I'm not optimistic about this game is because it's on the road in their new shiny stadium.

As for the Saints comparison, I think the only difference is that we fielded Thad Lewis that game and were 10.5 point underdogs. We're fresh off a big win and coming in with our regular starting QB and we're still 8 point underdogs. It just goes to show how much more touted this Falcons team is than that Saints team.

I don't care if it's 50-0.

I'll be watching Tredavious White. Lots of chances for him to run around the field and make plays. It's going to be fun.

that my hope as well !!

He didnt say of themselves...

Excellent catch.

eye for details

and

amen for that