Hughes doesn't get why Jim Kelly is on the field in 2017

YoloinOhio

Like I said on twitter. Do something in the present to make me move on from the past.

Players like Jim Kelly are pillars of what BillsMafia was built on years later. Players like Jerry Hughes will not be remembered for generations.

We haven't made the playoffs in effin 17 years and Hughes wants to act like this is some sort of special group in that locker room.

Well guess what Jerry, you wanna force your narrative on us fans each and every Sunday. You make your platform whatever you want... well free speech comes in all shapes and sizes pal. You don't have a monopoly on the 1st amendment.

And like I said, until any of these teams do something to help us move on from the glory years, we will continue to hold onto the last remaining good contending football we have seen.

This isn't about the players' NFL reputations...this is about the current team right now. All of them.

And maybe not Jerry, but McCoy will certainly be remembered for generations. Not just by Bills fans.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still a huge JK fan, but If this is true, I have lost a little bit of respect for him and he needs to be pulled off the sidelines permanently,

Because he's not allowed his opinion? He's not allowed to express his views?

A league that is 70% black who wants to take a knee, but refuse to go into the inner cities where real help is needed. We have children who don't know where their next meal is coming from, where is the kneeling for that?

The league is full of drug abusers, women/children beaters, law breakers, phonies, etc... yet you wanna sit there and take your moral compass from them?

Kelly is not without his warts, but he's just as entitled to his opinion as any of these other athletes.

Here's the thing with Jimbo. His opinion on this issue doesn't matter any more than yours or mine, yet because of who he is he has a platform, and some people actually think he's well-versed on the topic. I bet if you sat JK down and asked him why players are protesting he probably wouldn't be able to articulate it.

I doubt the players could either.

This isn't about the players' NFL reputations...this is about the current team right now. All of them.

And maybe not Jerry, but McCoy will certainly be remembered for generations. Not just by Bills fans.

Agree, and think it is even larger than the record or team, it is about bringing visibility to an issue that some care very deeply about. Agree or disagree with the method, and i think that is getting lost in all the rhetoric this week.

Having said, Hughes will always be remembered as one of the best trades in Bills history, along with Frank Lewis and Biscuit.

A league that is 70% black who wants to take a knee, but refuse to go into the inner cities where real help is needed. We have children who don't know where their next meal is coming from, where is the kneeling for that?

The league is full of drug abusers, women/children beaters, law breakers, phonies, etc... yet you wanna sit there and take your moral compass from them?

Kelly is not without his warts, but he's just as entitled to his opinion as any of these other athletes.

Where does this even come from? You know what players do/'dont do in their own time? League full of drug abusers cause its 70% black? Full of women and children beaters cause its 70% black??? WTF are you talking about?

Damn, you read posts like this and some wonder why the need to raise awareness to racism in this country?

Edited by plenzmd1

Where does this even come from? You know what players do/'t do in their own time? League full of rug abusers cause its 70% black? Full of women and children beaters cause its 70% black??? WTF are you talking about?

Damn, you read posts like this and some wonder why the need to raise awareness to racism in this country?

Josh brown is white and was a domestic abuser.

And those were two seperate paragraphs that you decided to bring together instead of taking them for what they are.

I point out the league is 70% black and they don't go into the inner cities. I point that out because black on black crime is still vastly out of control in places like Chicago, but they won't address those issues. Less than 1% of homocides in Chicago were from police against black men. Yet record homocides of black men are being committed daily.

Edited by BillsFan17

Boy, that's a great counter-argument to "the league is 70% black and full of drug abusers and wife beaters"

Stop race bating.

I didn't day one was because of the other. You can try as hard as you want to race bait, it's not goin to work.

Edited by BillsFan17

Boy, that's a great counter-argument to "the league is 70% black and full of drug abusers and wife beaters"

Not to mention the players do plenty of charity work for the inner city issues that guy was referencing.

I think this whole topic is over his head and you probably shouldn't engage.

They're doing something that is controversial and he gets hurt because someone criticized LeSean for ... stretching ... during the national anthem? Hughes needs to rethink his logic. You do controversial **** -- pissing off literally half your fanbase -- you better grow some skin. Jim Kelly has a right to weigh in. The protests are not mandatory; they're calculated, and they're controversial. I for one like seeing him on the sidelines.

And players are upset because some are upset at their actions. Goes both ways.

In the same respect, if you're JK and you have your platform and you decide to criticize a current team member, you better have thick skin as well, because that's not going to go over with everyone else.

Not to mention the players do plenty of charity work for the inner city issues that guy was referencing.

They have their charities sure, but they don't seem to need the spotlight or to grandstand for them? They do them on their own time.

They could very easily address the issues on their own time in their own way.

I have no issues with these athletes using their celebrity and status to help make a difference in this world.

However, the person who they are following in all this worse socks depicting cops as pigs and a shirt celebrating Fidel Castro.

Edited by BillsFan17

Does he really not know that NFL players are some of the most charitable people in America? Many of them come from bad towns. They do a ton for these communities, and the protests are an extension of that. That was such an ignorant statement he made.

Does he really not know that NFL players are some of the most charitable people in America? Many of them come from bad towns. They do a ton for these communities, and the protests are an extension of that. That was such an ignorant statement he made.

No there is no ignorance

I saw JJ Watt raise in incredible amount of money for Texas relief. Didn't need to kneel during the anthem. Didn't need to raise it for just whites, just blacks, just any color. Raised it for an ENTIRE STATE.

And again, didn't need to grandstand during the anthem to get people's attention.

Edited by BillsFan17

Of course he is allowed but if he wants to stand on the sideline with the team he should support them. I think that is what Hughes is saying. If I was a current Bills player I would be pissed off by Kelly's comments...How do you know these players do not go where help is needed?

Where do you get that they "refuse to go to the inner cities"? This is simply false and part of the racist narrative that is being spread to undermine legitimate grievances about racial inequality. You might have problems with the form of the protest, fine. But plenty of NFL players are engaged in helping their communities.