Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are people trying to "enforce their standards" on others?

There are no laws being proposed to take away people's ability to protest. There are no laws being proposed to force people to stand for the anthem.

Yes, the president wanted the NFL owners to take a stand, and not allow these kinds of protests during games. Personally, I think the league/owners should have that right.. IF they want to make that kind of rule (I would get fired for making political protests at my job). But the NFL is not taking that stance, so it's really irrelevant.

By Colin Kaepernick's own words (and don't forget, he was the origin of this protesting), the whole purpose was because he "refused to show pride" in this country, because of what he perceived as injustice. So it's funny that NFL players around the league are now saying this protest has NOTHING to do with lack of pride, lack of patriotism or disrespect for the country. That's a crock of bull. If Kaepernick would have protested on his own time, or found a way to do it without knocking the flag or America - this would have never gotten out of hand.

Chill out. I meant socially, not legally enforce. Clearly Jim, the local hall of fame qb talking about a current player, is trying to push his view of acceptable patriotism on another here by saying on the radio he lost respect for the guy. Peer pressure, not handcuffs. I think we all get that distinction, no?

I wonder if Jim was being totally honest about himself, how many ways he's disrespected the flag or anthem based on the bar he is setting for others.

The dude is a running back getting ready to play a physically strenuous game and stretching out a bit moments before. Thousands were in the stadium using it as a chance to grab a beer, or hit the restroom without missing any action or just stretching out their tailgate til the last possible minute. i participate by getting in early and standing but if the bar is where most argue it is- lot of people must be walking around real angry all the time about things that don't actually change their day.

what about those whom are disrespectful?

The bull **** of this argument enlies in personal freedom against disrespectful behavior.

There is the black and white and there is the 10 miles of gray between.

No one is changing sides and no one will agree where the lines need to be.

This is a sport. This is where we go to enjoy common ground calling Tom Brady a little girl B word.

I don't frankly care what McCoy or Kelly think.

This

Well that's what makes America great. People can agree and disagree on any subject/topic they want.

Exactly.

And for the this isnt doing anything!! crowd,

well, here you are talking about it.

Edited by 4_kidd_4

Never really has been. This talk has gone on for decades. Only difference now is social media. Remember Muhammad Ali?

Yup. Turn off the 24 hour sports channel, and log out of social media and odds are you'll find a familiar NFL experience.

You won't get near the volume of politics. You won't get the 72 high def slo mo replies that make you hate the refs.

The change isn't being politics into your sports escape, it's bringing sports into your life 24/7/365

Edited by NoSaint

Never really has been. This talk has gone on for decades. Only difference now is social media. Remember Muhammad Ali?

The intersection of sports and politics has been around for decades for certain as exemplified by the Olympic Games. 1936 in Berlin (Hitler), 1968 in Mexico City (John Carlos and Tommie Smith), 1972 in Munich (Black September massacres), 1980 in Moscow (US Boycott), and 1984 in Los Angeles (Soviet Bloc Boycott). It's not anything new.

Sorry man, I actually regret putting it up. Was just shocked to see ESPN quoting Kelly about McCoy and got right on here to see the boards thoughts.

go to topic moderation and delete it

Go to your original post you made and there is the option there to delete it

Edited by Boyst62

The intersection of sports and politics has been around for decades for certain as exemplified by the Olympic Games. 1936 in Berlin (Hitler), 1968 in Mexico City (John Carlos and Tommie Smith), 1972 in Munich (Black September massacres), 1980 in Moscow (US Boycott), and 1984 in Los Angeles (Soviet Bloc Boycott). It's not anything new.

It's definitely not something new.

If Shady isn't going to stand, then who cares what he does. I don't respect any of the guys who kneel but whatever.. They wear my favorite teams jersey so i root for them to win games. If they want to protest against social injustice, then do something for "the good" of the cause off the field. Also, Jimbo should just shut it. Don't need to hear his opinion on individual players..