Who's this EJ Gaines Guy?

reginald

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0 pass td allowed over three games.

ZERO.

It's pretty amazing. Two TDs total. No long passes. Run defense has been good for three games. Linebackers have been surprisingly good. Both safeties have been excellent. Really well coached. They are ready before the snap. The ONE thing they haven't done well is letting some WR get open a little too easily but it hasn't hurt them.

Tre had a rough 1st half. The mental strength he showed to rebound and have a GREAT 2nd half is impressive.

That's one of the most hopeful things in this start. This defense has been practically lights out in the second half, which had us fingertips away from 3-0. They have allowed 5 ppg in the second half in their first three games. The Falcons in Atlanta will be one hell of a test for this defense.

The Sammy trade can still be a crappy trade and you can like Gaines. I hated the trade and still do but have liked Gaines since his first preseason game and said so. He's been very good.

Yes, and you still can have the belief that although Sammy is a talented player that the Bills FO made a tough decision to part ways with a player they didn't believe was going to be worth the contract he would want and ended up getting excellent value for him.

That's one of the most hopeful things in this start. This defense has been practically lights out in the second half, which had us fingertips away from 3-0. They have allowed 5 ppg in the second half in their first three games. The Falcons in Atlanta will be one hell of a test for this defense.

I actually had us 3-0 in my game by game pre-season prediction. We are basically 1 play from that. The loss in Carolina means they need to shut down one of the better offenses that they have later on the schedule to get to .500. There was a route there withour beating any of those teams.

i say sign him to an extentsion now before he gets to expensive

Our secondary looks amazing this year. Tre, Gaines Hyde and Poyer have looked spectacular. Such an impressive overhaul.

future looks bright if we can resign gaines, have all 4 for awhile

It is really amazing what McBeane have done with the secondary. I always thought Darby was soft in run defense, and he was so-so even as a cover guy last year. Who misses him now? Is the sky really falling? I will take Matthews and the third for Darby all day, and twice on Sundays for that one too. What the administration did with Watkins and Darby reflects these guys really believe they know there stuff, and it was absolutely courageous to make those deals.

"their stuff"

It is really amazing what McBeane have done with the secondary. I always thought Darby was soft in run defense, and he was so-so even as a cover guy last year. Who misses him now? Is the sky really falling? I will take Matthews and the third for Darby all day, and twice on Sundays for that one too. What the administration did with Watkins and Darby reflects these guys really believe they know there stuff, and it was absolutely courageous to make those deals.

"their stuff"

Beane didn't draft White or sign Poyer or sign Hyde. McD was there for them.

It's been said repeatedly that zone corners may not need as much athleticism as man coverage corners, but the mental aspect of playing zone is much tougher. Neither Gaines nor White have the athleticism to be great man coverage corners, but they're very smart and have enough athleticism to handle zone responsibilities just fine. White is probably still going to make some mental errors going forward, but he's learning. That's all you can ask of a rookie.