Who's this EJ Gaines Guy?

reginald

DKhHoYOXoAY9XJH.jpgI bet if we end up paying Gaines after this year, his contract ultimately offers more value than the one Sammy Watkins gets. A shutdown secondary wins more games than a good WR.

And will cost more to sign him after the season is over if he keeps playing the way he is...

Sign this man NOW!

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I knew our defense would be as good as it's been, I would have been way more pissed off about the Watkins trade. I wonder if Beane/McDermott are regretting the move.

Highly doubtful. EJ Gaines alone has been more valuable to our defense than Watkins has been for the Rams. Plus there is that 2nd rounder and all that cap savings to continue to build for the future. They are absolutely loving the way things are going.

Yes!

I've seen enough. If they try now they may be able to get him for around $7M-$8M a year sort of contract.

My one concern is he seems to get dinged up at least once a game. I wouldn't feel comfortable extending him just yet until we see how his durability holds up. He was injured for all of last year.

My one concern is he seems to get dinged up at least once a game. I wouldn't feel comfortable extending him just yet until we see how his durability holds up. He was injured for all of last year.

I hear ya. But if he continues to play like he has the first three games his price tag is going to continue to climb and even though Gaines has been playing really well, I don't believe they would want to pay him north of $10M a year.

Both Gaines and Tre White had tremendous games. Both of them have really quick reaction time and good feet. The entire defensive backfield has been tremendous.

The Sammy trade can still be a crappy trade and you can like Gaines. I hated the trade and still do but have liked Gaines since his first preseason game and said so. He's been very good.

I gotta confess - Gaines has *really* impressed me. An elite cb is equally valuable as an elite wr. I was down on the trade, but i'm man enoujgh to admit it if i turn out to be wrong. Let's see how it looks after week 17.

Continuity on offense in all aspects would've been huge for this team.

Good win today but our running game looks to have taken a huge step back and the offensive production is still down despite Tyrod doing his part.

Coaching on defense was INCREDIBLY bad under Rex. While Gaines is playing solid, the ENTIRE defense is playing solid. The change in scheme and coaching is the reason for it.

Yea they got that 2nd rounder for next year.... how much you want to bet they use one of those 2nd rounders on a WR? ... or use that "cap savings" on Jordan Matthews?

Scott, he's playing a lot better than solid.

Continuity on offense in all aspects would've been huge for this team.

Good win today but our running game looks to have taken a huge step back and the offensive production is still down despite Tyrod doing his part.

Coaching on defense was INCREDIBLY bad under Rex. While Gaines is playing solid, the ENTIRE defense is playing solid. The change in scheme and coaching is the reason for it.

Yea they got that 2nd rounder for next year.... how much you want to bet they use one of those 2nd rounders on a WR? ... or use that "cap savings" on Jordan Matthews?

If Matthews has can be had for $8M a year then they should be all over it.

I gotta confess - Gaines has *really* impressed me. An elite cb is equally valuable as an elite wr. I was down on the trade, but i'm man enoujgh to admit it if i turn out to be wrong. Let's see how it looks after week 17.

Scott, he's playing a lot better than solid.

I would agree with you in theory but an elite CB is as good as an elite WR in this case is like Gaines versus Matthews. Sammy is a star. Top five talent in the league. I very much doubt Gaines even becomes pro bowl let alone all pro. He has REALLY impressed me though. Every game including preseason. White, too. And for that matter Hyde and Poyer. Hell, Leonard Johnson made two outrageous plays today.

I would agree with you in theory but an elite CB is as good as an elite WR in this case is like Gaines versus Matthews. Sammy is a star. Top five talent in the league. I very much doubt Gaines even becomes pro bowl let alone all pro. He has REALLY impressed me though. Every game including preseason. White, too. And for that matter Hyde and Poyer. Hell, Leonard Johnson made two outrageous plays today.

Who knows how good gaines will be? He was excellent in his rookie season and excellent so far for buffalo. Let's reserve judgment before we declare players "stars" or not.

Who knows how good gaines will be? He was excellent in his rookie season and excellent so far for buffalo. Let's reserve judgment before we declare players "stars" or not.

Name all the fifth round CBs with a decent rookie season and a poor sophomore season to become a star? ;)

He wasn't excellent he was pretty good.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Name all the fifth round CBs with a decent rookie season and a poor sophomore season to become a star? ;)

He wasn't excellent he was pretty good.

He wasn't poor his second season; he was hurt. He missed the entire season! And he was still hurt in year 3. You of all people should know the difference. C'mon, dog. Edited by dave mcbride

He wasn't poor his second season; he was hurt. He missed the entire season! And he was still hurt in year 3. You of all people should know the difference. C'mon, dog.

I meant he was poor his second season, last year. He played 11 games. Hard to say how healthy he was. He was pretty good as a rookie. All rookie team not like a top player. Wasn't even their top corner. The Rams surely didn't want to keep him. He was a throwaway in the trade. Basically for a 6th rounder.

I meant he was poor his second season, last year. He played 11 games. Hard to say how healthy he was. He was pretty good as a rookie. All rookie team not like a top player. Wasn't even their top corner. The Rams surely didn't want to keep him. He was a throwaway in the trade. Basically for a 6th rounder.

I'm sure Beane didn't view him as a throwaway.

I'm sure Beane didn't view him as a throwaway.

The Bills traded Watkins and a 6th rounder for a second rounder and Gaines. Pretty much everyone thought it was the equivalent of Sammy for the 2 and Gaines for for the 6. If you think otherwise, like Gaines was worth a 4th or 3rd, that means you think Beane traded Sammy for a 4th or 5th.

The Bills traded Watkins and a 6th rounder for a second rounder and Gaines. Pretty much everyone thought it was the equivalent of Sammy for the 2 and Gaines for for the 6. If you think otherwise, like Gaines was worth a 4th or 3rd, that means you think Beane traded Sammy for a 4th or 5th.

What I believe is they did their homework and specifically went after Gaines and that 2nd rounder. They believed Gaines could end up being a quality starting NFL DB within their scheme and so far they've been right.