McDermott: Bills Need More Urgency from Dareus

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote is pretty telling especially with Dareus out today because of another 'injury'.

I suspect that as the losses continue this season they'll release him by the end of the year and simply take the monstrous cap hit.

Here's hoping.

They didn't !@#$ up the pick.

How soon people forget how terrific Dareus was BEFORE Pegs hired Rex to !@#$ up everything.

This^

I hope McD can coach Dareus back up to the DT beast he was prior to Rex Ryan, We all know he can ball when motivated at a high level. Lets see how the season shakes out and hope he returns to form. If he does it benefits the team if they want to keep him or not, his possible trade value will increase if that is the direction the FO wants to go.

He obviously already sees the dramatic D improvement the last few games here. I hope that alone motivates him.

Edited by Real McCoy

Yes good idea - let's keep shedding star players and using draft picks to replace them. Then if and when those draftees become good players, we can turn on them and replace them, too! What could go wrong?

That would have been a good arguement to resign him before his contract expired, which they did. As many people seem to forget, with Dareus coming off an absolutely dominating year, they signed him to a market value contract to retain him. Bills fans rejoiced.

Unfortunately, he has been terrible since. He clearly has motivation issues, he is out of shape,and playing like a replacement level player at best. At his current level of play, they will do just as well with the JAGs they have been rotating in. Moving on from him at this current level will not cause the team to miss a beat. He is hardly any longer a "star player". I seriously doubt he has it in him to regain his once premier level of play, regardless of where he ends up.

Yes good idea - let's keep shedding star players and using draft picks to replace them. Then if and when those draftees become good players, we can turn on them and replace them, too! What could go wrong?

I don't know, here's a draconian thought, how about we keep and reward players that show consistent production.

Its only a matter of time at this point. DT is going to be a huge need once Dareus gets cut and Kyle retires.

I mean, barring a turnaround season from him, look for FO to off-load him in the most cap friendly way possible. Sunday the Defense didn't really miss his presence - a lot of which had to deal with Kyle and the rest of the Front 7. But your point here also gives them some reason to keep Dareus around. If he proves enough, we need young talent at our positions so that we can maximize our upcoming Draft picks. Biggest concerns are DT/OL (aging Kyle, Incognito, and Wood), not popular or sexy given our lackluster WR corps, young DBs, veteran RBs, and a questionable QB. But teams are built and defined by the trenches, it's time we got ours.

But hey, 2-1 so far, let's see where this goes.

I agree. We're 95% losing both after this season. We'll have to land a high motor guy like meatball and a space eater like Dareus. Marcel has used up all his coupons. He got his big payday and I don't see the drive he once had. We'll need a QB, wr, LB replacement for Preston and 2 solid DT's. Throw in Mills replacement and there's your 6 picks in the 3 rounds.