rams better than us?

nuklz2594

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy a free agent after this year. Who knows where he will be next year. Sammy will go to the highest bidder...and, imho, was the reason the bills sent him on his way. (got something instead of nothing.) donald will be payed.

That wasn't the reason. They could have had him 'this year and next by picking up his option. Still a reasonable cost for two seasons and a possible franchise tag after that. It was a shortsighted and foolish move on a team devoid of stars and with no huge paydays coming up to deal with.

For everyone obsessing over their cap situation the Rams project to have $62m in space in 2018 and have a number of high priced contracts (Quinn, Broeckers, Barron, Austin) all of whom have BIG cap numbers and are no longer key pieces for this regime. To get rid of those 4 would clear over $45m in additional space for a cost of about $9m in dead cap.

It comes down to Goff. If he is the guy they are set for the next decade and have another 2 years after this with him at a very reasonable price.

Their cap position is at least as good as ours if not better.

Stop trying to steal my thunder!!! I already posted that in here. I'm going to sue you for plagiarism!!!

Then again when you give up 39 points to the 49ers, I've got a feeling they are going to be on the losing end of some high scoring gaems this year

Or it's possible that you are underestimating the Niners offense this year. They have a better QB, and a pretty good offensive mind in Shanahan running things( his monumental SB flub notwithstanding). I'd conjure a guess that SF offense ends up better than the Bills this year.

Edited by Boatdrinks

Or it's possible that you are underestimating the Niners offense this year. They have a better QB, and a pretty good offensive mind in Shanahan running things( his monumental SB flub notwithstanding). I'd conjure a guess that SF offense ends up better than the Bills this year.

Or maybe its too soon tell make any real determinations?

Lets keep in mind that regardless of what is thought of TT as the qb....he his main WR targets are a. A rookie....and b. A guy that missed a ton of training camp time.......his starting LT is hurt and being replaced by a rookie that we thought was going to be the RIGHT tackle......

What does not appear to be a question (well....maybe it actually still is) our defense.....

Reserving judgement till I see a few more games

Or maybe its too soon tell make any real determinations?

Lets keep in mind that regardless of what is thought of TT as the qb....he his main WR targets are a. A rookie....and b. A guy that missed a ton of training camp time.......his starting LT is hurt and being replaced by a rookie that we thought was going to be the RIGHT tackle......

What does not appear to be a question (well....maybe it actually still is) our defense.....

Reserving judgement till I see a few more games

This offense isn't fair for either QB.

Truly it's not a great team to compare to... again, we are tearing down and they are building up. Odds are we are pretty comparable today but hope the in two years we have the limitless potential of a second year qb and a ton of weapons. Whether their qb or ours end up working out is anyone's guess but when you watch the 2017 rams, the comp point is the 2019 bills, not today's.

Unfortunately, we might be a little behind them in that we are letting the young weapons go and hoping to replace them instead of keeping the youth and adding too them like the rams did. Additionally, we likely won't get a number one pick still. Crazy to pair those two statements but feels like both are true. So our qb might not be the top guy on our board and we might have a harder time giving him that trip of WRs and a good young back so quickly.

ehh...maybe til midseason when Hoyer's limitations really catch up to him like what happened with the Browns