TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I'm way up in Seattle so I probably won't be so lucky to find it near me, but I'll keep that in mind whenever I make it back down that way. We're always looking for the best local brews when we travel. Are you based out of that area?

Yeah, I'm in New Orleans so I kind of limited to the Gulf South beers. There are some good ones though. There is a beer thread in off the wall that's pretty good. I'm like you though and drinking whatever the best local beers are.

OK, I have an honest question. How do you guys stay in game day threads and enjoy watching the game? Do you actually read each other's posts while watching the game? I have legitimately tried this a few times and failed miserably. Do you just have talk and text set up? But even then, you'd still have to read everyone else's posts. Don't you guys get whiplash?

I'm not being critical, I just can't do it. As that game went on, I was just watching the game, especially when it got interesting at the end.

As for the game itself, why can't everyone just be happy for our former bills players? I don't think we really parted with any of them on extremely bad terms, did we? I'm happy they're all playing well. It doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of them was the wrong move for our teams future. Sammy played his heart out, and yet, he got injured. Coincidence? I don't really know. Frankly, that deal we won't know about for years in terms of who won and who lost.

I'm just glad we got a really good football game tonight. And I am really hoping that we see a really good football game with our team on Sunday. At least as far as the outcome for our team goes.

Great game, though. I hope all of the TNF games are like this for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

@AroundTheNFL

Wild finish in the NFC West! @JABergman shares seven takeaways from Rams' 41-39 victory over 49ers on #TNF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000849086/article/rams-withstand-49ers-2ndhalf-comeback-in-thriller

6. Bills fans: look away, or at least skip down to the next point. Woods, Watkins and Goodwin, three Buffalo receivers jettisoned by new coach Sean McDermott, combined for 276 yards on 13 receptions. Bills wideouts have tallied 149 receiving yards through two games.

Guess it was a little early to write off Goff last year, huh?

What a great game; fun to see ex-Bills doing things they had no chance of doing in Buffalo.

What?

Sammy Watkins today= 6/106/2

Ssmmy Watkins Bills=8/168/1

Robert woods today=6/108/0

Robert woods bills=10/162

Lets not hyperbole. We have seen Sammy disappear for stretches. Much like in the beginning of this game and the entirety of the two games before this.

@AroundTheNFL

Wild finish in the NFC West! @JABergman shares seven takeaways from Rams' 41-39 victory over 49ers on #TNF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000849086/article/rams-withstand-49ers-2ndhalf-comeback-in-thriller

6. Bills fans: look away, or at least skip down to the next point. Woods, Watkins and Goodwin, three Buffalo receivers jettisoned by new coach Sean McDermott, combined for 276 yards on 13 receptions. Bills wideouts have tallied 149 receiving yards through two games.

One set of wrs have played three games the other set have played two games. Ond of which was against a very stout defense. I doubt the make the 130ish up this next game but that tweet is intellectually dishonest and clearly shows an intent on manipulating the data bye not clearly stating so. He uses the number of catches early in his analysis then falls back on games later on.

Really goes to show that you can make data say anything you want it to about a player.

What?

Sammy Watkins today= 6/106/2

Ssmmy Watkins Bills=8/168/1

Robert woods today=6/108/0

Robert woods bills=10/162

Lets not hyperbole. We have seen Sammy disappear for stretches. Much like in the beginning of this game and the entirety of the two games before this.

One set of wrs have played three games the other set have played two games. Ond of which was against a very stout defense. I doubt the make the 130ish up this next game but that tweet is intellectually dishonest and clearly shows an intent on manipulating the data bye not clearly stating so. He uses the number of catches early in his analysis then falls back on games later on.

Really goes to show that you can make data say anything you want it to about a player.

The stats cited for the former Bills WRs come from tonight's game only. Not 3 games. The current Bills stats come from the two games the Bills have played this year.

So it's the former Bills one-game stats vs the current Bills two-game stats.

I used to think the Browns were the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. Not anymore.

Well the national narrative through the weekend will be that the Bills have equaled the Browns in dysfunction and are run by rubes.

Buffalo better beat Denver this weekend, because if they don't, this season is going to get dark fast.

Jared Goff's QB rating after three games is 119+. Which is more likely? Receivers making routes, catches and YAC for him, or Jared Goff just making pass after pass that any WR like Holmes, Matthews and Zay routinely make?

Granted the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I think it's pretty obvious these guys were making plays our guys don't make.

Who expected that to end 41-39??

I did say pre-season don't be surprused if Goff takes a huge step forward. The coach is clearly a bit of a QB whisperer and there really is more good on a proper review of Goff's 2016 tape than the narrative would have had you believe.

Jared Goff's QB rating after three games is 119+. Which is more likely? Receivers making routes, catches and YAC for him, or Jared Goff just making pass after pass that any WR like Holmes, Matthews and Zay routinely make?

Granted the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I think it's pretty obvious these guys were making plays our guys don't make.

Of course Watkins and Woods are making plays for him.... but Goff has stepped up. I think he was one of those not unlike Eli as a rookie who just found it all a bit much to handle mentally. He looks more mature and you are seeing more of his qualities.