TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

Jared Goff's QB rating after three games is 119+. Which is more likely? Receivers making routes, catches and YAC for him, or Jared Goff just making pass after pass that any WR like Holmes, Matthews and Zay routinely make?

Granted the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I think it's pretty obvious these guys were making plays our guys don't make.

Rams coaches trust Goff to throw his receivers open. He's doing it. This is like a mini-greatest show on turf.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Goff's QB rating after three games is 119+. Which is more likely? Receivers making routes, catches and YAC for him, or Jared Goff just making pass after pass that any WR like Holmes, Matthews and Zay routinely make?

Granted the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I think it's pretty obvious these guys were making plays our guys don't make.

I think they are given chances via scheme and coaching that out guys are not.

It really was. That's not the kind of player he's been. But one good fight for a TD against the 49ers isn't going to change my opinion. Everyone on the Rams offense looks like a star tonight. The 49ers have some of the worst talent in the league. I'm very impressed with Goff, he is miles ahead of where he was last year.

He is getting better protection this year too. That helps. Between that and the coach and putting weapons around him and Gurley looking like a monster.

Hoyer was almost our QB....but instead we have the offense from your local middle school

Dude it was one game. You act like Hoyer is worlds better than Tyrod. Coming into the game the team hadn't scored one TD and he threw for 99 yards last week.

Edited by Scott7975

This morning kind of feels like the day after a loss for me. I didn't know that it would because I enjoyed that game so much. I just keep thinking about how much bettter the guys the Bills got rid of are than the guys that the Bills got. It kind of has me nauseated. Now we have all of the jokes and criticism too. It's very "Brownsish."

OK, I have an honest question. How do you guys stay in game day threads and enjoy watching the game? Do you actually read each other's posts while watching the game? I have legitimately tried this a few times and failed miserably. Do you just have talk and text set up? But even then, you'd still have to read everyone else's posts. Don't you guys get whiplash?

I'm not being critical, I just can't do it. As that game went on, I was just watching the game, especially when it got interesting at the end.

As for the game itself, why can't everyone just be happy for our former bills players? I don't think we really parted with any of them on extremely bad terms, did we? I'm happy they're all playing well. It doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of them was the wrong move for our teams future. Sammy played his heart out, and yet, he got injured. Coincidence? I don't really know. Frankly, that deal we won't know about for years in terms of who won and who lost.

I'm just glad we got a really good football game tonight. And I am really hoping that we see a really good football game with our team on Sunday. At least as far as the outcome for our team goes.

Great game, though. I hope all of the TNF games are like this for the rest of the season. :thumbsup:

I have a problem with watching the game and doing the gameday thread too. You are not alone. What I do now is pretty much only do the thread on commercial breaks and halftime. Unless there is a great play then I post in the moment.

He is getting better protection this year too. That helps. Between that and the coach and putting weapons around him and Gurley looking like a monster.

Dude it was one game. You act like Hoyer is worlds better than Tyrod. Coming into the game the team hadn't scored one TD and he threw for 99 yards last week.

Go look at Hoyers numbers the last couple of seasons. And keep in mind that he wasn't a full time starter. Hoyer is much better then Tyrod as a passer... it's not 1 game

This morning kind of feels like the day after a loss for me. I didn't know that it would because I enjoyed that game so much. I just keep thinking about how much bettter the guys the Bills got rid of are than the guys that the Bills got. It kind of has me nauseated. Now we have all of the jokes and criticism too. It's very "Brownsish."

Agree, I did not go right to sleep last night for a couple of reasons

1) Missed Point After, then a second OPI that doomed one my bets..and yes prolly had a smidge too much on this game, but the way this thing went down last night was brutal from a moneyline perspective

2) while I agree/d with the Sammy trade it was the cumulative effect of 4 ex-Bills all contributing last night that hurt. Think it Woods and Sammy have that game on a rando Sunday that was not a primetime game would not bother us as much

I keep telling myself we were a 6-9 win with those guys and TT, and we will be 12 wins with the new QB in 2 years

Edited by plenzmd1

Agree, I did not go right to sleep last night for a couple of reasons

1) Missed Point After, then a second OPI that doomed one my bets..and yes prolly had a smidge too much on this game, but the way this thing went down last night was brutal from a moneyline perspective

2) while I agree/d with the Sammy, it was the cumulative effect of 4 ex-Bills all contributing last night that hurt. Think it Woods and Sammy have that game on a rando Sunday that was not a primetime game would not bother us as much

That hurts for you!! An awful way to lose a bet.

The game being on prime time made it so much worse. You're right, Niners and Rams on a Sunday afternoon and we might joe have even relalized what happened. No one would have. Instead it was a showcase of former Bills.

Go look at Hoyers numbers the last couple of seasons. And keep in mind that he wasn't a full time starter. Hoyer is much better then Tyrod as a passer... it's not 1 game

They are almost identical to Tyrods numbers minus the rushing portion. Even this season he has the same TDs, more ints, and 275 yards on Tyrod playing one extra game. There really isn't much difference other than in your head.

Edited by Scott7975

In Hoyer's first 2 games this year he was 39/62 for 292, 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Add to that 1 run for -5 yards and a Fumble. His YPA was 4.71, his TD% was 0, and his Turnover % was 4.35. His passer rating was 60.7.

As bad as Tyrod's week 2 was, this year he is 33/53 for 349, 2 TDs, 1 INT with 16 runs for 93 Yards. YPA of 6.58, TD% of 2.7, TO% of 1.35. His passer rating is 86.1.

Hoyer has a higher completion % by 0.3%. Tyrod has a better YPA, total YPG, TD%, TO%, and Passer Rating.

TQ5I0xV.png

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

So basically, take away 45 yards a game and a bunch of TDs and they are similar :).

No basically take away 30 yards per game and 0.2 TDs per game. Now think about how Hoyer has 5 more attempts per game and that 30 yards is nothing. Yeah whopping difference there. Now add in Tyrods rushing yards and TDs. Tyrod is worlds better with his feet and minutely worse in passing.

Edited by Scott7975

No basically take away 30 yards per game and 0.2 TDs per game. Now think about how Hoyer has 5 more attempts per game and that 30 yards is nothing. Yeah whopping difference there. Now add in Tyrods rushing yards and TDs. Tyrod is worlds better with his feet and minutely worse in passing.

I was agreeing with you.

Hoyer has always had games where he looked really good, and then followed them up with utter garbage and scads of turnovers. Nevertheless, when all is said and done, the guy will have carved out a 12-year NFL career for himself and banked a ton of $. Not bad for a UDFA. Edited by mannc

They are almost identical to Tyrods numbers minus the rushing portion. Even this season he has the same TDs, more ints, and 275 yards on Tyrod playing one extra game. There really isn't much difference other than in your head.

Last year Hoyer started 5 games and threw for over 300yds in 4. The 1 that he didn't, he got hurt and only threw 4 passes. How is that anywhere near identical?

Who expected that to end 41-39??

I did say pre-season don't be surprused if Goff takes a huge step forward. The coach is clearly a bit of a QB whisperer and there really is more good on a proper review of Goff's 2016 tape than the narrative would have had you believe.

Of course Watkins and Woods are making plays for him.... but Goff has stepped up. I think he was one of those not unlike Eli as a rookie who just found it all a bit much to handle mentally. He looks more mature and you are seeing more of his qualities.r

Upgrading the OL has also contributed to Goff's quantum leap forward. You can't learn anything if you are besieged on every play.

As for those people who are lamenting the departures of our former receiver they are missing the self-evident point: If you don't have a qb to utilize their talents are being squandered. Without a competent qb there will never be a pro level normalcy to the offense.

Edited by JohnC

Last year Hoyer started 5 games and threw for over 300yds in 4. The 1 that he didn't, he got hurt and only threw 4 passes. How is that anywhere near identical?

Sorry I don't follow Hoyer enough to know he got injured after 4 passes in game 6. I simply looked at his stat sheet which is every bit as pedestrians as Tyrods. You really are reaching man. Hoyer is every bit as bad as Tyrod. You got hot and bothered over yesterdays game while overlooking his first two.

Sorry I don't follow Hoyer enough to know he got injured after 4 passes in game 6. I simply looked at his stat sheet which is every bit as pedestrians as Tyrods. You really are reaching man. Hoyer is every bit as bad as Tyrod. You got hot and bothered over yesterdays game while overlooking his first two.

I posted the stats. It doesn't matter if you break it down by game or by attempt. Hoyer is in no way a much better passer than Tyrod, and that's not even factoring in running and gamebreaking ability.