TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you must not remember Watkins. He was the most complete receiver to come out since Julio. His game has no holes. That's why he was the top player in a 2 year span on MANY teams draft boards. He runs precise routes, great hands, tracks the ball, elite speed, annhilates single coverage and has great field awareness. He doesn't dive for the marker because he runs his routes at the right depth. If he has ANY holes they are personality related apparently.

But hey, Whaley's an idiot and Beane's a genius. I get it.

That's an awful way to operate as an organization and makes 0 sense.

Your saying Beane and McDermott said, "hey our passing game is going to suck this year, Tyrods not going to get Sammy the ball so let's trade our best WR away now before he hits FA?"

These guys are goners real soon if that's their line of thinking.

I'm pretty sure they figured it wasn't really working with him and they had no intention of paying him after this year, so might as well get a player (that is currently starting for us) and a pick. Better then the almost nothing they got when Watkins was here. Can't really get a ton from a guy that's constantly banged up and in a high school level passing offense. If our QB would throw the ball to the recievers, maybe they don't make that trade.

So you are holding his big play ability against him?!? Come on man you are better than that. Whenever Sammy was thrown the ball he dominated. He averaged like 7 targets a game and as an example, Mike Evans averaged 11 last year. If you feel like digging though the archives here and looking up the comparisons between Sammy and the best on a per target basis you won't like the results. I don't feel like digging it up but it's there. If he got 10 targets a game it ended up being like 1,500 yards. He just never saw the ball like antop guy except over a 9 game stretch. He averaged like 8.5-9.5 targets a game (don't remember the exact number) and he led the league in yards during that stretch. He will be a star.

No I'm not holding it against him but per-target basis is kind of a pointless stat anyways. It is not correlative with skill.

http://apexfantasyleagues.com/2017/07/close-look-2016-yards-per-target/#

Top 10 in 2016:

Julio Jones

Adam Thielen

Desean Jackson

Brandin Cooks

Jimmy Graham

AJ Green

Travis Kelsey

Michael Thomas

TY Hilton

Cameron Meredith

Antonio Brown is 28th. Jordy Nelson is 31st. OBJ 36th.

I couldn't care less what his per-target average is. It depends on so many things. Like if you catch deep throws more often than not.

He definitely fits in well with this offense, him with Goff Woods and Gurley is looking potent right now. But last week it didn't. It has against the Colts and the 49ers. So let's see what happens.

No I'm not holding it against him but per-target basis is kind of a pointless stat anyways. It is not correlative with skill.

http://apexfantasyleagues.com/2017/07/close-look-2016-yards-per-target/#

Top 10 in 2016:

Julio Jones

Adam Thielen

Desean Jackson

Brandin Cooks

Jimmy Graham

AJ Green

Travis Kelsey

Michael Thomas

TY Hilton

Cameron Meredith

Antonio Brown is 28th. Jordy Nelson is 31st. OBJ 36th.

I couldn't care less what his per-target average is. It depends on so many things. Like if you catch deep throws more often than not.

He definitely fits in well with this offense, him with Goff Woods and Gurley is looking potent right now. But last week it didn't. It has against the Colts and the 49ers. So let's see what happens.

While you were doing your research he just ran over 2 guys for his 2nd TD. Let me know when you want to make that bet.