TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year we rebuild WR like we did DB this year. Wholesale changes...as in...get some actual players.

We had some actual players. Sammy, Woods and Goodwin have over 250 yrs of receptions tonight. May be 300 by the end of the night. I'm not liking the direction of our offense. We could have been pretty good if we stayed intact as just took care of the D.

We don't know what Zay Jones is yet. I personally didn't like the trade uo, I generally don't. I understand why they did it, his college WR coach is our WR coach so he told them Zay was special and they trusted him. I'm not saying he will be as good as Sammy Watkins. But there is more to being a receiver than tracking deep balls well so I wouldn't be surprised if Zay ends up with similar production depending on how he develops. In which case we get the same production on a rookie contract.

Yeah we do know what Zay is unfortunately.

How many games did we see a healthy Watkins and Woods though?

And when you average 5 ypc , no need to throw as much. Lots of variables but I see your point.

I like Gaines alot and Matthews, I think he's a bigger version of Woods but man I miss Sammy, time will tell how the trades work out. We got good compensation for sure

Thank you, Gaines is a baller and Matthews will come along (plus the juicy draft picks) but it's tough too see all former players having tremendous games.

Sal Capaccio asked players the very same thing both on the record and off and to a man they indicated he was well liked and respected as a hard worker and good teammate.

What do you expect them to say?

Then you must not remember Watkins. He was the most complete receiver to come out since Julio. His game has no holes. That's why he was the top player in a 2 year span on MANY teams draft boards. He runs precise routes, great hands, tracks the ball, elite speed, annhilates single coverage and has great field awareness. He doesn't dive for the marker because he runs his routes at the right depth. If he has ANY holes they are personality related apparently.

But hey, Whaley's an idiot and Beane's a genius. I get it.