Yards Per Pass Twitter - Early All 22 footage

100%. It wasn't a good route but it was a poor throw whatever way you cut it.

Having just spent 20 minutes flicking through the twitter breakdowns my conclusion is this was not the Bengals game last year (TT's worst as our starter) where there were literally receivers running free all over the field as Tyrod tucked and ran for 2 yard gains..... but there were opportunities for him to get the ball out where he just does not throw and holds it too long.

I suspected all through the offseason we would see some of this. Dennison's offense tries to scheme receivers open but they don't stay open their whole route. The ball has to be out on time. Once you hold it the extra half a second the window has closed.

We have seen that through 2 games - I think Dennison has schemed people open all over the place. Even guys that are covered break open for short bursts, but the ball must come out on time.

This is why I said I do not think TT is a good fit for the offense. The preseason showed us the problems, but people thought they were going to unleash TT with roll outs and sprints. The unleashing of TT was combo routes and throwing to guys on time and through 2 games he has not been good at it.

Even in game 1 versus the Jets - he made plays, but they were on late reads and late throws - not the timing that we need to maintain success.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TT is the mediocre QB of a bad offense. No more no less.

-No true #1 WR. We have a good player in Matthews, a rookie and a bunch of castoffs.

-No speed out wide

-40% of the online is subpar. This gets worse when Glenn is out and our RT becomes LT.

-A QB that is an excellent runner, not so much as passer

-A top notch RB that is being asked to do too much and will likely be on IR at some point.

-Slow plodding back up RB

Even if Taylor has been bad-and he has been bad-and starting a rookie 5th rounder is not the answer. My guess is that they had "hoped" TJ Yates could stick and go to him if need be...but that didn't work out well either.

If the process was to fix the defense in year 1 and use all those draft picks and free agency next year to fix the offense year 2 then I'm on board with that. But this offense won't find success no matter who the QB is.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So why even put that clip up there? You can put a clip of Montana not seeing an open Rice and dumping it off for a 2 yard gain and say, "not everyone see's the open guy." Yes, every QB has missed an open guy before. But what exactly does that prove? This is a very common them for TT. That 25 yard dig route that MAJBobby posted earlier is one of about at least 8 plays where TT probably could have hit an open guy. But he's just not that QB.

​It was an extreme point that every QB can make mistakes, and anyone can put up videos to make someone look good or bad., and to fit their opinion of that person. Obviously Tom and Tyrod aren't in the same ball park, that is not what I am trying to prove

Yeah i know. There are alot here that do. And thats fine. I might be a little too harsh at times on him as well but makes me laugh. And with dealing with Irma aftermath then watching what was a disgusting performance all around on Offense on Sunday. And the unknown with Maria kinda needed some laughs today.

Sorry to hear about the hurricane buddy! Hope all is well

Edited by billsfan11

They basically stacked the box and played a fair amount of man on our wide receivers. Until the 2nd half we didn't run any man beating concepts, and didn't react or try to anticipate what they were doing. Really stupidly called game.

Also - good analysis by people on a lot of the Tyrod plays. But I didn't see anyone post the ones where the o-line got blown up off the line on a 1st and 10 for a 9 yard sack... or the run blocking on shady's runs... There's a bit too much of an anti-TT agenda on this board. He left plays on the field. So did everyone else on offense.

Edited by dneveu

Where did you want him to go with it?

matthews is open, zay is open, clay? Is open. Any one of those 3

Be completely honest. With a perfectly timed throw to either of them, do they make the first down? They'd have been met by a defender before the sticks without a chance to beat them.

He's being handcuffed by awful playcalling. You just don't like him and your opinion is coloured by that.

i like tyrod and my answer is yes. Zay has plenty of room to run. Matthews and the guy in the slot also have the opportunity to run if the ball is delivered on time.

They basically stacked the box and played a fair amount of man on our wide receivers. Until the 2nd half we didn't run any man beating concepts, and didn't react or try to anticipate what they were doing. Really stupidly called game.

Also - good analysis by people on a lot of the Tyrod plays. But I didn't see anyone post the ones where the o-line got blown up off the line on a 1st and 10 for a 9 yard sack... or the run blocking on shady's runs... There's a bit too much of an anti-TT agenda on this board. He left plays on the field. So did everyone else on offense.

The first three posters in this thread tell the whole story. One after the other. Rabid rhinos chomping at the bit.Those three and a few others root for the Bills to lose with TT.It is their mission in life.

TT is the mediocre QB of a bad offense. No more no less.

-No true #1 WR. We have a good player in Matthews, a rookie and a bunch of castoffs.

-No speed out wide

-40% of the online is subpar. This gets worse when Glenn is out and our RT becomes LT.

-A QB that is an excellent runner, not so much as passer

-A top notch RB that is being asked to do too much and will likely be on IR at some point.

-Slow plodding back up RB

Even if Taylor has been bad-and he has been bad-and starting a rookie 5th rounder is not the answer. My guess is that they had "hoped" TJ Yates could stick and go to him if need be...but that didn't work out well either.

If the process was to fix the defense in year 1 and use all those draft picks and free agency next year to fix the offense year 2 then I'm on board with that. But this offense won't find success no matter who the QB is.

This is a really good post.

Here you go Coach.

In this photo, you can see both Clay on the inside on top and Matthews on the inside on the bottom.

This is a still photo of Taylor's 3rd step on the drop.

Clay up top doesn't have anyone within 5 yards of him on the break. Taylor holds it.

Matthew breaks and is open. The linebacker isn't even facing his direction.

Clean pocket.

Taylor%20miss%20to%20Carolina_zpsaylskfx

Here is another frame roughly about 1 second later. Judging by the timer, this is about 3 seconds holding the ball.

Now Clay is no longer open. Both the Kuechly and the defensive back now are converging on Clay.

Matthews is still open.

Since Kuechly is now giving up his position to go towards Clay....Zay Jones on the outside gets open on the deep slant.

Still a clean pocket....Taylor still not having to move and eyes down field.

Taylor%20miss%20to%20Carolina%202_zpsfrc

Where is the first down coming from on that play?

The defense is giving you the short throw........that's good defense.

We know that everyone wants to see Tom Brady making those throws and getting his WR killed and then Belichick just throwing out another job-doer to catch the next football but that's not Tyrod.

He threw a ball 8 inches off center to Clay last week on an early down and it ended up being an interception........I don't expect him to make risky throws with low return.......he never has and probably never will.

We know that everyone wants to see Tom Brady making those throws and getting his WR killed and then Belichick just throwing out another job-doer to catch the next football but that's not Tyrod.

He threw a ball 8 inches off center to Clay last week on an early down and it ended up being an interception........I don't expect him to make risky throws with low return.......he never has and probably never will.

If Tyrod had thrown the ball to one of those receivers, the same exact people now criticizing him for not throwing it would instead be criticizing him for throwing it short of the sticks on 3rd down. Tyrod left some plays on the field. Just about every player on the offense did. Stretching to blame him for everything that happened is just how some posters will analyze it.

If he hits Charles Clay in stride on the first frame, that's a first down. He doesn't have anyone within 5 yards of him.

On the second frame, Matthews is open and Kuechly is moving away from him. Matthews just needs about 4.5 yards to get a first down...he's getting it.

Also on the second frame, Zay Jones is open on the deep slant, the DB isn't following him (he's actually not facing Jones) and that's a big gain. There is a lot of running room.

These aren't risky throws at all Baldo....not in the least bit.

If Tyrod had thrown the ball to one of those receivers, the same exact people now criticizing him for not throwing it would instead be criticizing him for throwing it short of the sticks on 3rd down. Tyrod left some plays on the field. Just about every player on the offense did. Stretching to blame him for everything that happened is just how some posters will analyze it.

There was more than one opportunity to get the first down. He missed them all.

I only put this still frame up because another poster said no one was open which was mind boggling to me.

The other videos on the All 22 shows problems with the WR getting open, line not blocking and Tyrod not pulling the trigger. I was a collective effort for the inept play on offense.

Can someone please figure out how the hell you embed twitter video into these posts and then post the instructions? Content on here would be much better.

Good question...I don't know either but would like to find out.

The 25. So yes their are 3 first downs right there.

Keep advocating you Dicky Ball

[.....] I don't expect him to make risky throws with low return.......he never has and probably never will.

If having held it he keeps his eyes downfield abd anticipates Zay there is room for catch and YAC.

He doesn't make those throws that is correct. That is why he isn't good enough to take this team anywhere.

Edited by GunnerBill

Really where have i every critcized him for making the proper read and throw. Never was critical of the tip pick from clay. Wouldnt be here if he Sees Zay Open (clearly does) makes the throw and come LBer or Safery makes a great play. Or if the Ball is thrown accurately Zay tips it and picked by the deep safety.

Where have i ever made that type of post.

That's just football analysis today. Offense isn't working? Blame the quarterback. Running game sucks? Blame the quarterback. Receivers can't get open? Blame the quarterback. Offensive line can't pass protect? Blame the quarterback. Quarterback is being put into position to fail? Blame the quarterback.

We know for sure that was a 3rd down play? I don't remember what down it was from the game and don't see anyone here or on Twitter saying it was third down.