Yards Per Pass Twitter - Early All 22 footage

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean his "receivers completely blanketed here and OL beat bad in pass pro"???

Man, we need better WRs and a better OL :flirt:

I've been waiting to see a full field view of the QB and Zay on that last play. I wasn't sure if TT had begun making his throw and then Zay ran the route to the sideline or if TT made the throw after he saw Zay making his run to the sideline.

For me it's now conclusive, TT should have made that throw to his outside shoulder just as Sal had said.

It's very possible that Zay could have turned more upfield on that route, but none the less TT made a poor throw and definitely deserves blame.

Would have been picked off if he threw it there. Are you even seeing the CB underneath?

You mean his "receivers completely blanketed here and OL beat bad in pass pro"???

Would have been picked off if he threw it there. Are you even seeing the CB underneath?

If that ball is over the outside shoulder ie pylon it is not picked.

But guess that is what it is going to be this year when a play of left on the field find someone close and say it would have been picked if thrown

Why?

I guarantee you're reading all of YPP's commentary and factoring in those comments as you watch the clips.

This is why you should watch these plays without the commentary.

The tweet you just posted they said "I just don't understand why the ball isn't being thrown."

The exact same play posted on cover1's breakdown of All-22:

"Double tosser concept again on 3rd-long. Daring him to throw it underneath. Pump fakes to get it to Clay but not there. Gets to Shady for Fg"

Time to start thinking for ourselves folks!

Why?

I guarantee you're reading all of YPP's commentary and factoring in those comments as you watch the clips.

The tweet you just posted they said "I just don't understand why the ball isn't being thrown."

"Double tosser concept again on 3rd-long. Daring him to throw it underneath. Pump fakes to get it to Clay but not there. Gets to Shady for Fg"

I have explained why many times tough guy. Done. Your call out posts are boring

Why?

Really ummm sure those are not a double crosser concept. Instead 4 slants. Learn a route before trying to call me out. How about it

Edited by MAJBobby

I'm pulling for TT but he needs to see someone "college open" to pull the trigger. Not a timing system QB.

Did you confuse Taylor with Newton on Sunday?

A lot of covered receivers in those all-22 videos...

Yep. Pretty easy to see.

Now go watch how wide friggin open Carolina's WRs are.

PS-MAJBobby is on a MAJMission today!!!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Did you confuse Taylor with Newton on Sunday?

Yep. Pretty easy to see.

Now go watch how wide friggin open Carolina's WRs are.

PS-MAJBobby is on a MAJMission today!!!

Hey look at you with your weak call outs. Back it up. Go through my posts and find that i am not giving my own thoughts instead stealing someone elses.

Ready go.

Dont worry i wont expect and answer from your typical hit and run call out posts

I've been waiting to see a full field view of the QB and Zay on that last play. I wasn't sure if TT had begun making his throw and then Zay ran the route to the sideline or if TT made the throw after he saw Zay making his run to the sideline.

For me it's now conclusive, TT should have made that throw to his outside shoulder just as Sal had said.

It's very possible that Zay could have turned more upfield on that route, but none the less TT made a poor throw and definitely deserves blame.

100%. It wasn't a good route but it was a poor throw whatever way you cut it.

Having just spent 20 minutes flicking through the twitter breakdowns my conclusion is this was not the Bengals game last year (TT's worst as our starter) where there were literally receivers running free all over the field as Tyrod tucked and ran for 2 yard gains..... but there were opportunities for him to get the ball out where he just does not throw and holds it too long.

I suspected all through the offseason we would see some of this. Dennison's offense tries to scheme receivers open but they don't stay open their whole route. The ball has to be out on time. Once you hold it the extra half a second the window has closed.

Edited by GunnerBill

From this view it looks like it is on the line, but his previous tweet shows the design of the play is to the RB - Tolbert I believe.

They run a pick to the outside and Tolbert is ready for a short gain with the LB 7 yards behind him.

I do not know what the coaches are teaching for a read there, but the design says the RB should of been the read and his eyes go that way, but TT hesitates, brings the ball down and tries to get away.

The line needs to do better to pick up the stunt and the QB needs to do more to help them with a quick delivery. This is the essence of the WCO - quick reads and hitting the correct guy on time.

There is plenty of blame to go around on this play, but I think a QB that has been in this system makes a play there every time. What is important is does TT make that play going forward - based on history - No, but hopefully he can learn. I honestly think based on preseason play - Peterman makes that read and the ball is out toward Tolbert on time and he does not get hit. Also based on preseason based on what we saw the pass from Peterman could of been batted down as the LB was watching and had some space - it may or may not have worked.

Edited by Rochesterfan

When I saw it in real time, I thought it was TT's fault. I then saw a small .gif on the board and started thinking I was wrong and that it was all on Zay. I wanted to wait to see the all 22 before committing judgement. After seeing this...completely on TT. From when he releases the ball, it's totally on TT...regardless of the route. If anything, it would have been, "if Zay cut upfield it would have been a TD instead of a 1st down. I had to put the ball where he could catch it..." type of thing. TT did no such thing and had the time and opportunity to do so. Did he just throw to a spot because he couldn't see the WR???? Sorry TT, you need to go.

Watching it multiple times and listening to ex-players like Donald Jones - I do not think this is on either TT or Zay.

Donald Jones put it best I thought - the pass should be a bit more to the outside - placement was not perfect, but when the safety is so far to the middle - Zay should of stayed further inside because it is easier to adjust to a throw toward the sidelines than toward the middle.

The pass and read was fine - the route was fine - both could of been better, but the combination of where the throw was and the way Zay ran the route made the catch very difficult. Both players need to learn from this.

I will give TT a lot of credit for that throw because for everyone calling for Peterman - I do not think Peterman makes that throw. I think Peterman reads the D and hits Shady at the first down sticks and life continues. That was a throw for the win by TT and I applaud that effort. Wish he would do that more.

he could have thrown it to the outside corner and the cb wouldnt have got there, instead he throws it where zay has to turn completely around and jump awkwardly.

Cant believe some people are still sticking up for tyrod. He had 2 good games last year, the rest average or terrible. Looks like more of the same this year

Where did you want him to go with it?

This is another timing route and he has 2 guys breaking in both that were open and the ball comes out on time it is not a huge gain, but similar to what we got with 5 or 6 seconds less of clock time used.

He gets the ball at the 2 second mark. Pause it at the 3 second mark and he has a player right in his face. Pause it again and still at the 3 second mark, and a player is on his Right and in his face. Pause it at the 4 second mark and he's sacked.

You guys are freaking ridiculous. Not even 2 seconds. He had 1.5 seconds to throw and you want progression??? Stop the nonsense.

It is designed to be a quick read combo on the 2 person pattern to the left side. The read should of been in under a second and the ball out to Tolbert before 1.5 and the pressure.

Yes average QBs make this read all of the time. Heck Josh McCown a terrible QB made this read 4-5 times last game against the Bills alone. Getting the ball out in under 2 seconds is a staple of the WCO if you have a QB.

The issue is the play is there as designed, but TT is late and then looks to escape.

It must be blocked better, but the QB needs to do his part on that play and he does not - he holds the ball and gets hit because of it.

Why?

This wasn't a double crosser....

Looking at that last play I can see why Taylor put the football where he put it. I can't tell but it looks like the Panthers are actually in quarters or quarter halves. Either the CB on Jones' side was supposed to drop to quarters and bit on the underneath route in the case of quarters or he was the cloud player in quarter halves. The safety on that side however showed quarters rather than deep half coverage. So Taylor threw it inside perhaps anticipating that CB being outside. Not for sure. But a lot to process when bullets are flying.

Other than that, I hope Dennison and crew find some crafty ways to get guys the football this week because this did not work against the Panthers. At times the safeties for the Panthers showed cover 2 but then dropped down into the hook/curl area and clogged the lanes. The Panthers secondary talent is not great. I expect Denver to go Man to Man this coming week and challenge Taylor and the WR's.

There is no one open on that play. No one.

My goodness Mills is terrible.

Here you go Coach.

In this photo, you can see both Clay on the inside on top and Matthews on the inside on the bottom.

This is a still photo of Taylor's 3rd step on the drop.

Clay up top doesn't have anyone within 5 yards of him on the break. Taylor holds it.

Matthew breaks and is open. The linebacker isn't even facing his direction.

Clean pocket.

Taylor%20miss%20to%20Carolina_zpsaylskfx

Here is another frame roughly about 1 second later. Judging by the timer, this is about 3 seconds holding the ball.

Now Clay is no longer open. Both the Kuechly and the defensive back now are converging on Clay.

Matthews is still open.

Since Kuechly is now giving up his position to go towards Clay....Zay Jones on the outside gets open on the deep slant.

Still a clean pocket....Taylor still not having to move and eyes down field.

Taylor%20miss%20to%20Carolina%202_zpsfrc

Edited by Royale with Cheese